Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is this whole debate going on in regards to if he will team up with Cody, or have a singles push, and of course which angle's/feud's he will go into and be involved with.

For me personally, I'd like to see him go into a singles push again, I don't really want Cody to be part of a Tag Team when options are open for him to continue where he left off with Sandow, and also the fact he was part of The Rhodes Scholars for a while too, Cody now I feel is the best time for him to have a REAL good push within the WWE ranks, I'd like to see him win the Intercontinental Title back again too, he's in a much better place now than he was when he was holding the title, what I mean by that is, he's improved SO much since the masked gimmick, and I feel if he had another IC run, he would have it while he's really in his element right now, with momentum behind him also, it seems the perfect timing in my opinion.

I also think that Goldust is a great worker, and looks GOOD in singles competition, plus, if you guys remember at The Royal Rumble, it was looking like there was going to be a Goldust/Cody feud going down, where as right now, I wouldn't want to see Cody/Goldust start a feud up just yet .... a little further down the line, I'd love to see it and I think that The Royal Rumble situation ... would be a perfect reason to bring up and start a good feud between them two, which could also open doors for more involvement from Dusty also.

So in regards to Goldust now being an active part of the roster, where would you like to see him go and what would you like to see WWE do with him now that he's active in the company again?

Thoughts, I'd be interested to hear some vibes and feedback in regards to this.​

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad he's back, but i heard he signed a short-term contract. :(
Probably, it'll probably be a case of like RVD, short little contracts coming in and out of the WWE, which mainly just means probably no title run, or if they do, it'll be brief.

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They already did when Cody eliminated Goldust at the Rumble this year

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
I really don't see a singles push coming for Dustin, and I don't see anywhere that Cody earned one. He's a decent entertainer, but like most of the current roster, he's no superstar. Poor heel, worse face, little in the way of mic skills. They just got done pushing this whole family unity bit with the Rhodes. I don't see where a feud makes sense right now. Teaming up, maybe, but not for long. I was really surprised to see Dustin back in the ring at all he is 44 years old ya know? Ffs Vinny is behind the scenes completely now and fat Dusty has paid his dues a hundred times over for his WCW defection. It's time to give Dustin back his dignity and let him drop the stupid TS gimmick. It was distasteful 10 years ago, now it's plain pathetic.

·
Registered
835 Posts
He should surpass brunos wwe title reign.

Seriously though he should of attacked Dusty on Raw and said this was about cody and dusty made it about himself. Cody couls defend his father and goldust could complain that he was helping cody. Goldust could of got wrote off TV in a few weeks then returned as a suprise rumble entrant and eliminated cody. Then they had a mania match where he put cody over.

Everyone wins. Goldust gets the match he wanted at the event he wanted it at. Cody gets a big win. And we see a match at mania which will be a lot better than throwing random talents together to fill the card.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I can't see Goldust getting a singles push at this point, the best I can see him doing is continuing to team with Cody.

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really don't see a singles push coming for Dustin, and I don't see anywhere that Cody earned one. He's a decent entertainer, but like most of the current roster, he's no superstar. Poor heel, worse face, little in the way of mic skills. They just got done pushing this whole family unity bit with the Rhodes. I don't see where a feud makes sense right now. Teaming up, maybe, but not for long. I was really surprised to see Dustin back in the ring at all he is 44 years old ya know? Ffs Vinny is behind the scenes completely now and fat Dusty has paid his dues a hundred times over for his WCW defection. It's time to give Dustin back his dignity and let him drop the stupid TS gimmick. It was distasteful 10 years ago, now it's plain pathetic.
Oh come on ... that is WAY OTT in regards to Cody Rhodes, big time!!!! .... saying that, you just said the exact same thing about RVD being in his 40's, you know a wrestlers peak is usually the strongest around mid 30's right? .... and being in their 40's is in no way out of prime either, or is any reason to knock the talent .... you seem to be knocking wrestlers that are in their 40's or above on here .... silliness!

He should surpass brunos wwe title reign.

Seriously though he should of attacked Dusty on Raw and said this was about cody and dusty made it about himself. Cody couls defend his father and goldust could complain that he was helping cody. Goldust could of got wrote off TV in a few weeks then returned as a suprise rumble entrant and eliminated cody. Then they had a mania match where he put cody over.

Everyone wins. Goldust gets the match he wanted at the event he wanted it at. Cody gets a big win. And we see a match at mania which will be a lot better than throwing random talents together to fill the card.

That's a very good concept/idea :)

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'd like to see Goldust get the WWE Championship for a short time. I believe Dustin deserves to finally get that Main Event push and the best way to do it is with the Goldust Character. I'm not saying he needs to hold the title for any long period, but a good 6 week run would do him well and solidify him as a WWE Legend.

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
I just hope we get Goldust vs Cody at mania like both men wanted for awhile

·
Registered
14,593 Posts
Good to see him back but I think he'll just be used to put over young talent and won't be used as part of anything overly big.

·
You know who I am, but you don't know why I'm here
1,102 Posts
I think they should split them up so that bringing them back around WM (if they do that-- hopefully!) will be fresh.

I'd LOVE to see a Golddust/Dean Ambrose feud for a bit. Those would be some great promos and great matches. And I think it could help elevate Ambrose a bit more, too. That'd also let Cody and Seth Rollins burn the house down on occasion with some great matches, and the Rhodes/someone against the Shield would always be entertaining.

·
OG3
3,387 Posts
i hope goldust cuts an old school promo with movie references and "you'll never forget the name of goldust"

·
ѪѺѪ
1,234 Posts
Goldust is signed through Wrestlemania XXX according to every report we've seen. It's essentially going to be Rhodes and Goldust holding the Tag Titles for a bit, until a rift arises between the two. Cody vs Goldust at Mania with both men's jobs on the line.
This would be the best scenario for both men going into WMXXX, and a perfect sendoff for Goldust and his wrestling career. Yeah we all would like to see Goldusty win some sort of championship but it's highly unlikely going to happen and that's fine we can't have everything but at least we can have Goldust on the roster once again so that's better then nothing.

·
Unlimited Potential
3,048 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing them together as a tag team at the moment as I can't think of anyone I'd like to see Cody or Goldust feud with. They have great chemistry together plus they're hot and over right now. I'd have them continue as a team, maybe win the tag team titles at some point or have one of them eliminate the other at Royal Rumble (preferably Goldust eliminating Cody this time around) which leads to a match at Mania with Cody going over.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Goldust dosen't look right w/o a valet.

He could be a really great addition to the midcard just not by himself.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts