Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Banned
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With RVD on his way back out again for a while, the lack of realistic contenders for the belt and Del Rio continuing to be one of the most boring wrestlers in the company, now is the time to push Ziggler back towards where he should be - World Heavyweight Champion.

He's managed to stay over despite his horrendous booking in recent months and if they get it right (haha, good one) they can really build a true star in Dolph.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
He deserves it and we all know it, but WWE just doesn't want to give the guy a legit chance to succeed it seems. He is too good at making his opponent look great so that is what WWE uses him to do.

Such a fucking waste. Just listen to the crowd any time he is in the ring. They are dying for him to get the proper push.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Won't happen ..... As you can see they clearly don't give a shit about the WHC

·
Premium Member
17,554 Posts
Cody Rhodes, Sandow, Cesaro; 3 people I think that are ahead of Ziggler at this point. Mainly because they all had PPV matches, and not a pre-show.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
WHC needs to be scrapped or use it to get midcard guys over. There's no reason a hack like Del Rio should hold onto it for so long while doing nothing. It accomplishes nothing.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Cody Rhodes, Sandow, Cesaro; 3 people I think that are ahead of Ziggler at this point. Mainly because they all had PPV matches, and not a pre-show.
Being on the pre show has nothing to do with your current standing. The Shield have all been on the pre show recently, does that mean WWE isn't high on them all of the sudden?

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
No chance. Ziggler may be buried, but these two geeks are six foot deep. Sadow's match was on the preshow, against Ziggler for crying out loud, and Cesaro was only on the PPV to fill time in a match nobody cared about. Ziggler is still above those two quite comfortably.

Hell, he's still ahead of Rhodes, he's a two time World Champion, he's main evented a PPV, both things Rhodes hasn't done. I don't think Rhodes has ever even main evented Raw.

·
Stealing the Show
7,428 Posts
Rhodes is going to be apart of the WWE Title picture or at the very least the tag team picture, Cesaro is in a flailing tag team, and Sandow is a MITB holder who happens to be a heel.

Ziggler is the only logical option right now.

·
1/100
7,729 Posts
Ziggler is not getting another shot at the title as long as Del Rio has it. They already did the program this year and too much time has passed for them to revisit the concussion deal.

I wish they would end the Punk/Heyman worthlessness and give Punk the WHC until there is a spot for him in the WWE title picture. Punk/Heyman has been a failure once Brock left. It would give Punk something better to do than wasting time with Ryback/Axel and it could elevate the WHC back to a respectable level.

In reality, I expect Rey Mysterio or Cody Rhodes.

I am really just sick of ADR being in the World title picture. 95% of his WWE career has been him in the Title picture.... it really limits what can be done program wise. ADR is holding the WHC hostage... not because he is bad or anything (ADR is one of the premiere workers in the WWE), but because he has nobody to work a fresh program with.

·
1/100
7,729 Posts
It all depends if Cody is done with The Shield.

It could be as simple as him winning a #1 contenders match, him beating Del Rio on Raw (thus leading to a PPV match), or maybe they get creative for once and create a conflict between Rhodes/ADR. Rhodes could win, then Sandow cashes in to re-stoke the Rhodes/Sandow conflict on how Sandow fucked Rhodes twice.

I know those options are uninspired and typical, but so are most of their decisions.

I honestly expect it to be Mysterio. He is *supposed* to be ready and they always have to do ADR/Mysterio once per year. I don't even really want to see that because they always tease that program and we have seen it before.

Whether it is Rhodes, Mysterio, Kane, Goldust (only half joking, I could see them be crazy and give him a "thank you" World title PPV match), Henry.... they are all better opponents for ADR than Ziggler. And when I write "better opponent", I don't mean match wise because ADR brings the best out of Ziggler and they have the best chemistry out of all those options, but in terms of "it has been a while since we have seen them work a multiple month program," Ziggler is near the bottom of the list and is the option I personally would least like to see. Ziggler had his run with ADR from April to July.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
He shouldn't be anywhere near the WHC, but sadly, they don't really have another babyface option at the moment, so it looks like we're gonna have to endure him taking up space yet again. This perfectly illustrates the dangers of not booking new top babyfaces, you get Dolph Ziggler in world title feuds.

·
Stealing the Show
7,428 Posts
blah....the #1 contender's matches are so fucking stupid. It's a lazy way of booking a feud.

The only issue I see here is that the WWE may completely forget that the Usos won a #1 contender spot and use the Rhodes/Shield thing to give the Rhodes boys the tag titles.

Myterio winning a world title with no build seems plausible I suppose. I mean, they could use him in a feud with ADR, and use some Mexican vs Mexican angle.

I just can't see Rhodes being inserted into the WHC picture with 3 episodes of Raw to go before HIAC.

This perfectly illustrates the dangers of not booking new top babyfaces, you get Dolph Ziggler in world title feuds.
who should they book in the babyface spot then? You offer complaints about ziggler, but don't offer up any reasonable remedies to the problem.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
who should they book in the babyface spot then? You offer complaints about ziggler, but don't offer up any reasonable remedies to the problem.
Pretty much anybody, I don't really care. Why not use Rhodes instead? I'm not a big fan of him, but he's WORLDS better than Ziggler and right now he's actually hot, plus Rhodes being in the world title scene could allow Sandow to get into it, which is where he belongs, so you kill two birds with one stone. Right now that would be the ideal plan. If not Rhodes, then I don't know what to do. I don't know if Mark Henry's injured again but if you can use him I say put him way ahead of Ziggler.

·
ѪѺѪ
1,234 Posts
I figured they were going to have Ricardo join up with a returning Rey Mysterio and have him feud with Del Rio though I think Mysterio should return and be in some sort of 'tag team' role considering he can't go anymore and his tag run with Cara was ok and it gave Cara something.

I agree that Ziggler should be next in line where else does he go after defeating Sandow? Back to facing Ambrose for the US title? I don't see it happening and there isn't much other choices at the moment unless they just have him face random guys and continue to push him down the ladder :\ which is a shame.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
Pretty much anybody, I don't really care. Why not use Rhodes instead? I'm not a big fan of him, but he's WORLDS better than Ziggler and right now he's actually hot, plus Rhodes being in the world title scene could allow Sandow to get into it, which is where he belongs, so you kill two birds with one stone. Right now that would be the ideal plan. If not Rhodes, then I don't know what to do. I don't know if Mark Henry's injured again but if you can use him I say put him way ahead of Ziggler.
I think the current plan is Rey coming back and challenging.

I don't know about you guys, but a Sandow vs. Rhodes World Title feud sounds miles more captivating than ADR vs. Rey.

The problem with Ziggler facing ADR is he'd be a filler opponent, and this ADR reign of terror would continue. The next challenger absolutely HAS to take the belt of him. I don't even care if it's Miz, but obviously Cody or Dolph would be the better choice, just get the belt off him now.

I actually don't mind Del Rio btw before all his marks come all guns blazing, but this Title reign has been painful.

Win-Win situation would be Cody beating ADR and immediately being cashed in on by Sandow, that way all of the sympathy they've poured onto Rhodes this last months goes directly into the heat bank for Sandow.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
I think the current plan is Rey coming back and challenging.

I don't know about you guys, but a Sandow vs. Rhodes World Title feud sounds miles more captivating than ADR vs. Rey.

The problem with Ziggler facing ADR is he'd be a filler opponent, and this ADR reign of terror would continue. The next challenger absolutely HAS to take the belt of him. I don't even care if it's Miz, but obviously Cody or Dolph would be the better choice, just get the belt off him now.

I actually don't mind Del Rio btw before all his marks come all guns blazing, but this Title reign has been painful.

Win-Win situation would be Cody beating ADR and immediately being cashed in on by Sandow, that way all of the sympathy they've poured onto Rhodes this last months goes directly into the heat bank for Sandow.
Fine with me, better than Ziggler. Well, not "better" than Ziggler, but a world title feud does nothing for Rey and he won't win. Rey's just.....terribly infuriating, BUT, as long as Ziggler isn't getting pushed it's all good. Anybody to fill the void, we can't abide Ziggler going higher up the ladder.

I agree that ADR needs to lose the belt soon, btw. I like him and all, but I've had my fill of him at the top. I don't need to see it again. Ideally, they would do the Rhodes vs Sandow thing but this is WWE and we're not allowed to have nice things so inevitably they'll probably have ADR hold the title until WrestleMania, drop it to Ziggler and have Sandow job the cash in, knowing them.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
Ziggler is woeful, keep him where he is. His recent WHC title reign was dreadful.
That wasn't exactly his fault, that goof ball Jack Swagger gave him a concussion and he was out injured for the majority. You cannot blame him for something completely out of his control like that, he should have won the belt back off Del Rio at Summerslam. Del Rio has been in the World Title picture continuously for almost a year, it's overkill, especially given that he's STILL not over after this gargantuan sustained push he's received.

Fine with me, better than Ziggler. Well, not "better" than Ziggler, but a world title feud does nothing for Rey and he won't win. Rey's just.....terribly infuriating, BUT, as long as Ziggler isn't getting pushed it's all good. Anybody to fill the void, we can't abide Ziggler going higher up the ladder.

I agree that ADR needs to lose the belt soon, btw. I like him and all, but I've had my fill of him at the top. I don't need to see it again. Ideally, they would do the Rhodes vs Sandow thing but this is WWE and we're not allowed to have nice things so inevitably they'll probably have ADR hold the title until WrestleMania, drop it to Ziggler and have Sandow job the cash in, knowing them.
If he loses the cash in I am done with WWE. I'd obviously come back eventually but it would take a long long time to get over that disappointment. Del Rio keeping the Title till Mania' sounds almost as frightening as Sandow failing the cash in. Vince must literally love this guy more than Randy Orton.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts