Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Forget about signing new wrestlers for now. TNA needs a marketing/advertising guru .. the right advertising can sway anyone. Basic example here but there was a guy recently that was desperate for a job so paid for a billboard "saying employ me" and he stood near it .. got him what he wanted! I just think TNA needs to really get someone in that can get TNA out there.

There are 5 million people watching RAW .. can you agree with me when I say at least 1 million would enjoy what TNA offers (at least) .. problem is they do not know about TNA.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
this is one of TNA's biggest problems. they don't know how to market and promote themselves. too many people don't know about TNA because their inability to do these things.

but I don't think this has anything to do with whether or not they have hogan. Hogan could come back and they could still improve in this area.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Okay OP so who do you market?
You can market anyone in TNA, they should produce an ad hyping all the talent in TNA, with a special look at their main eventers, their best matches, finishers and nicknames. Something that would make kids want to watch the shows, to see the good guy defeat the bad guy. This is basic of wrestling, im sure TNA would get more fans if they promoted their talent in decent fashion, instead of being lazy fucks and contenting to promoting on the internet and small local TV.

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts
Easier said than done.

2.9 million tuned in on January 4th, let's not blame TNAs woes entirely on lack of brand awareness.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Easier said than done.

2.9 million tuned in on January 4th, let's not blame TNAs woes entirely on lack of brand awareness.
and most of those new viewers tuned into see Hogan.

you can market/promote anyone.

maybe SpikeTV could have different wrestlers on other SpikeTV shows.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mmm. There's a problem with the demographics. Ask yourself why the UK is TNA's biggest draw.

The loyal fan base in the states is in their thirties where in the UK it gets draws from kids to grandparents, just like the WEE does in America. TNA can't dial itself down to PG for the kids to buy the tickets or that small loyal fan base is gone.

So, who are these adverts aimed at and and where are these fans coming from?

The WEE of course. That's your target demographic and there's no way around it unless you move the whole company over the Atlantic. You can't steal the kids, you can't steal the grandparents (unless they liked Hogan, which they didn't) so, you have to wait ten years for the kids to grow up before you can stick an advert under their nose. They'll probably still be jacking off with a Cena wristband but they'll start watching as long as they can see one or two ex WEE stars they recognise now working for TNA.

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
You can market anyone in TNA, they should produce an ad hyping all the talent in TNA, with a special look at their main eventers, their best matches, finishers and nicknames. Something that would make kids want to watch the shows, to see the good guy defeat the bad guy. This is basic of wrestling, im sure TNA would get more fans if they promoted their talent in decent fashion, instead of being lazy fucks and contenting to promoting on the internet and small local TV.
But if I'm a casual wrestling fan why am I going to care about TNA's main eventers? They have maybe one big name to market to current day WWE fans and that's Jeff Hardy and even his stock has fallen because he hasn't been around WWE in a few years.

They need a massive star if they want to do a million dollar marketing campaign. If Hulk could wrestle he could of been that guy but they honestly need someone at least on the level of Hardy to market properly.

Right now, the only real name that could get TNA that type of attention would be Batista and he's said he's a WWE guy for life. I suppose TNA could overpay him massively to come on in but it's still a massive risk because if you hire Batista for 2-3 million a year and market around him and the numbers don't come over you're screwed.

TNA's best bet right now is to hang out in the Impact Zone and wait for WWE to release a huge star if they want to do a million dollar marketing campaign.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Even though I dont give a shit about ratings, because it has nothing to do with how entertaining a show is. (i.e duck dynasty). I think the best decision would be to hire someone to vouch for them to get on a better network.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just feel out of the 5 million that watch raw if the correct marketing person marketed TNA to those fans at least 1 million would try and like it!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
But if I'm a casual wrestling fan why am I going to care about TNA's main eventers? They have maybe one big name to market to current day WWE fans and that's Jeff Hardy and even his stock has fallen because he hasn't been around WWE in a few years.

They need a massive star if they want to do a million dollar marketing campaign. If Hulk could wrestle he could of been that guy but they honestly need someone at least on the level of Hardy to market properly.

Right now, the only real name that could get TNA that type of attention would be Batista and he's said he's a WWE guy for life. I suppose TNA could overpay him massively to come on in but it's still a massive risk because if you hire Batista for 2-3 million a year and market around him and the numbers don't come over you're screwed.

TNA's best bet right now is to hang out in the Impact Zone and wait for WWE to release a huge star if they want to do a million dollar marketing campaign.
JoMo or Masters?:mark:

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
JoMo or Masters?:mark:
I think they both should have spots in TNA but they aren't big enough to market.

I think you'd need a guy like John Cena, Randy Orton, Sheamus etc. Only way TNA is getting them is if they fuck up majorly though.

·
Registered
895 Posts
No, they don't need a guy from the WWE, just market their own talent, which contains some of best wrestlers in the world. Make them look like a million dollars, you have Sting and Angle as the veterans to push these guys up and they haven't use their services to the fullest. Spike TV hasn't help either, they just give money to TNA, its like having a spoiled child. If you dont make them work for what they have, they become lazy.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Even though I dont give a shit about ratings, because it has nothing to do with how entertaining a show is. (i.e duck dynasty). I think the best decision would be to hire someone to vouch for them to get on a better network.
This argument has never made sense. Ratings do affect the entertainment in wrestling. Higher ratings equals more money for the show, which means better production, more live touring, new signings, etc. to further entertain the audience and increase ratings/sales even further. Higher ratings also makes the show a more powerful entity that could move to a bigger network, rather than having to remain on Spike.

As for the topic, TNA needs to tap into more creative minds. It's good that they brought in Big John for executive production because he knows how the run the ship, but they need to build a young marketing and creative team. If you keep hiring the same people who have been in the business for the past 20 years, they will simply continue to pick things from their old bag of tricks. Those old tricks don't work anymore, and nothing they do will "move the needle" for TNA. TNA needs people with a fresh mindset for the business, both for the actual creative/production and the marketing sides.

·
Registered
131 Posts
No, they don't need a guy from the WWE, just market their own talent, which contains some of best wrestlers in the world. Make them look like a million dollars, you have Sting and Angle as the veterans to push these guys up and they haven't use their services to the fullest. Spike TV hasn't help either, they just give money to TNA, its like having a spoiled child. If you dont make them work for what they have, they become lazy.
Easier said than done, Tiago.

You make it sound like building a wrestling tv following it's easy. It's not. TNA has tried virtually anything, and ratings still are in the same range.

Wrestling is not as popular as it used to be, at least for now.

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
If I'm a casual WWE fan I don't care how good wrestler a is. Lets hypothetically say you put a million dollars into a marketing campaign for guys like AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian, Magnus, Samoa Joe etc. Why am I going to tune in? Because they wrestle well? I don't think so.

I need a name I know if I'm a WWE casual. Kurt Angle has been gone for 7 years he isn't a "name" to today's casuals. Sting's the same. No kid knows Sting or Angle your best bet is Hardy but he can't do it by himself anymore.

It's very easy to sit here and say "Market this guy and the money will come" but at the end of the day it's a million dollar risk that you're putting into guys who struggle to draw over 500 for a House Show.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I hate ratings, I seriously hate how people use ratings to value the show. just because a show gets a bad rating, doesn't mean the show was bad. same as just because a show gets a good rating doesn't mean it was good.
a rating could also be determined by the previous weeks show. if a show ends with a big cliffhanger it could make people want to tune in the next week.
it also matters what is on opposing Impact.
as does the network. especially when you're comparing TNA to WWE. it's not that simple. it's SpikeTV against USA Channel, or whatever other network RAW is on. I'm in Canada and we don't even get USA channel. it's shown here on the Score.

you don't have to have to have some major to market.

characters could help. I don't mean wrestlerX with a personality, I mean characters like WWE used to have. people talk about how TNA should be different, well isn't that different than what WWE is offering now?

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
Who was more popular Ethan Carter III or John Morrison? MVP or Wes Brisco?

Who is more popular in Mexico right now Chavo Guerrero or La Sombra? Hernandez or Aerostar?

·
Registered
895 Posts
I'm just saying, most people don't know that there is a wrestling alternative on Spike TV, hell most people don't know that Spike TV exists. They need to promote their product on the right slot on the right networks. The problem is the expenses involved with making an advert campaign.

Wrestling isn't popular anymore, we all know, even RAW struggles to get over 3.0 nowadays but that cant stop TNA from keep trying.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts