Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
33,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- ROH’s return to Mississauga Ontario on November 13th for a Night of the Champions will be a night history could be made. The odds are high that a title will change hands as all three ROH Championships will be defended! ROH World Champion Roderick Strong defends against Christopher Daniels. The ROH World Television Championship will be on the line as Eddie Edwards defends against El Generico. The Kings of Wrestling will also put their Tag Team Championship on the line against the unpredictable duo of Kevin Steen & Steve Corino. Also, Homicide and Jay Briscoe will face off in a huge grudge match stemming from their recent heated confrontation. Tickets are on sale now for this huge event!! http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/toronto-ontario-june-19th/.

- ROH’s return to Dearborn, MI, on November 12th will end with the Survival of the Fittest Finals however a HUGE Semi-Main Event has officially been signed (http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/six-man-tag-action-in-dearborn/). ROH World Champion Roderick Strong, Christin Able, & Truth Martini’s newest addition to The HoT face off against Christopher Daniels and The Briscoes in six man tag team action! Tickets are available here for “Survival of the Fittest 2010”: http://www.rohwrestling.com/store.php?sec=prod&prod=268.

- Andy “Right Leg” Ridge will have his third Trial Series match in Dearborn, MI on November 12th against “The Notorious 187” Homicide! Homicide is an ROH veteran who has wrestled all across the planet for over 15 years. Both men have New York roots however the similarities stop there as Homicide is a former ROH World Champion who has earned a reputation for being one of the most dangerous men in and out of the ring. This will be Ridge’s biggest test yet as Homicide brings a wealth of wrestling and street credibility to the table. Homicide has many different things in his arsenal including the Cop Killah, the Ace Crusher, and a strong passion to brawl and get crazy. Ridge is in for a big fight in Dearborn as Homicide is not happy with the match making. “You got me in there with a kid?Huh I should be in there with the champ fighting for my belt,” said Homicide after finding out about the match. A focused and anxious Ridge said, “Either I will earn Homicide’s respect or die trying.”

- Ring of Honor is very pleased with the performance of current ROH World Champion Roderick Strong & current ROH World TV Champion Eddie Edwards during Pro Wrestling NOAH’s 4th Annual NTV Cup Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team League Tournament. Strong & Edwards wrestled to the end but lost in the finals on 10/30 at Korakuen Hall to KENTA & Atsushi AOKI. When asked about the tournament Eddie Edwards had this to say, “We came very close to winning the tournament but KENTA and AOKI were the better wrestlers on that night in Tokyo.” Strong was upset with the loss but very happy with the response from the Japanese fans, “After the match all of Korakuen Hall was chanting ROH. I am very proud of this and even though we lost, we won the respect of the entire audience.” Despite losing in the finals, Strong and Edwards proved that they are both world class championship caliber wrestlers and both ROH and the USA are very proud of both men.

- Speaking of ROH World Champion Roderick Strong and ROH World TV Champion Eddie Edwards, both men returned from Japan yesterday and each man officially signed to appear for the “ROH on HDNet” national television tapings in Louisville, Kentucky on December 9th and 10th.

- We are currently running a special 25% Off Your Order Sale exclusively at ROHWrestling.com. Save on DVD’s, live event tickets, apparel, & more. Look for the new ROH Online Store to hopefully launch within the next 24 hours. For details on the 25% Off Sale and to get the discount code please click here: http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/take-25-off-your-order/.

- Kevin Steen sent word via Steve Corino to the ROH offices stating that he prays to god every night that the last 2 men in Survival of the Fittest will be Generico and himself. Steen said if they face one-on-one in Dearborn there will be no need for a match at Final Battle because November 12th in Dearborn will be the final battle.

- Prince Nana’s recent article at rohwrestling.com (http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/nanas-world-november-1st/) is, to say the least, very interesting. Many in ROH feel Nana is losing it and is on the verge of a mental breakdown.

- The current ROH World Tag Team Champions Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli are in route to Lima, Peru to participate in a Tag Team Tournament for the Leader Wrestling Association on November 6th.

- Be sure to visit the ROH wrestlers at the Toronto Sports Card Expo before the November 13th event in Mississauga, Ontario. The event is also located at the International Centre at 6900 Airport Road in Mississauga Ontario Canada (Buildings 4 & 5). Jim Cornette, The Kings of Wrestling (Hero & Claudio), Colt Cabana, and Christopher Daniels will all be on hand to meet and greet the fans. Autographs and wrestler merchandise will be available.

- The Ring of Honor Wrestling Academy just started there new session last week with head trainer, DELIRIOUS. Expect the next session to begin during the week of February 21st, 2011. The school is located in Bristol, PA (close to I-95 and the PA turnpike). The facility includes a full size ring, weight lifting equipment, a video library, and other resources. Our Academy continues to grow and improve daily. If you have ever had any interest in being a professional wrestler now is your time to train at the best school around. For more information or questions please email [email protected]. Also visit www.prowrestlingrespect.com which is a small promotion exclusively for ROH Academy graduates!

·
Bowing down to the BEAST INCARNATE
4,564 Posts
NoC looks like a great show on paper with 4 main event caliber matches.

I'm happy for Strong & Edwards. I was just rewatching the two Tokyo shows from 2008 and the crowd seemed quite warm towards those two, even though they were pretty un-emotional for the rest of the roster.

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
Over/under on match time for Homicide/Ridge is 4 min.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Both November shows are stacked. Looks like great lead-in to Final Battle. I really hope Steen wins SOTF this year, he's been on an epic roll all year

·
Registered
277 Posts
It would be interesting if Steen won SOTF and then lost at Final Battle.

The title shot that comes along with SOTF would be a good excuse for him to come back after losing to Generico. Might not be a bad plan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts