Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
33,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- December is a HUGE month for Ring of Honor!!! Not only will we have our first TV Tapings outside of Philadelphia on 12/09 and 12/10 in Louisville, KY but our return to Plymouth, MA on 12/17 is a can’t miss show with the first time ever dream bout pitting The Kings of Wrestling (Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli) vs. The American Wolves (Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards)!!! This will lead to the extravaganza on 12/18 known as “Final Battle” taking place in NYC LIVE on iPPV. “Final Battle 2010” is sure to go down in history as the card is shaping up to be one of the greatest line-ups we have ever produced. Tickets are still on sale but we expect a sellout so act FAST: http://www.rohwrestling.com/store.php?sec=prod&prod=387!!! And if you can’t make it to NYC on 12/18 be sure to order Final Battle LIVE on iPPV at http://www.gofightlive.tv/Events/Fight/Wrestling/ROH_Final_Battle_2010/807.

- The ROH office were notified last night by ROH Executive Producer Jim Cornette that on Friday night, December 10th in Lousiville, he will host a special interview segment for a member of the ROH roster. That individual: “The Notorious 187” Homicide! The former ROH World Champion has been very vocal with his thoughts on Cornette since his return to ROH at “Glory by Honor IX”, and given the sordid history between these two men over the years, who knows what fireworks could erupt in The Davis Arena! Tickets for this “ROH on HDNet” TV taping are available here: http://www.rohstore.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=205 or check the ROH Store for a special “Two Nights Only” deal.

- Davey Richards, who is currently in Japan touring with New Japan Pro Wrestling, will challenge IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champion Prince Devitt on 12/11 in Osaka before returning to the United States just days before his big championship bout on 12/18 at “Final Battle 2010” LIVE on iPPV. Davey is focused and ready for the big month ahead of him and facing ROH World Champion Roderick Strong. “I am a born champion and at the start of 2011 I will hold gold in both Japan and the USA. My ultimate goal in life is to win the ROH World Championship and I know I will be successful.” ROH cameras did get a word with Davey regarding his World Title bout prior to his departure for Japan so keep an eye on the YouTube page as we get closer to “Final Battle 2010” for his thoughts on this huge bout.

- The Kings of Wrestling (Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli) continue to impress in Japan for Pro Wrestling NOAH. On 11/26 in Nagoya, both Kings had singles bouts where Castagnoli defeated Takashi Okita while Hero fell to wrestling legend Kensuke Sasaki. It was a great back and forth battle that actually saw Sasaki shake Hero’s hand afterward and give him his much deserved praised for the unbelievable contest. On 11/27 in Kyoto, The KoW got a huge win as they defeated GHC Heavyweight Champion Takashi Sugiura and Akitoshi Saito. On 11/28 in Kobe, Hero defeated Atsushi Aoki in a singles match while Castagnoli teamed with Delirious in a losing effort against Kanemaru and Muhammad Yone. On 11/29 in Ohmuta, Hero, Castagnoli, Bison Smith and Delirious wrestled in the main event against Takashi Sugiura, Yoshihiro Takayama, Takuma Sano, and Yuto Aijima and after nearly 25 minutes the GHC Champion pinned Delirious. The KoW remained strong and made it clear that on 12/5 at Budokan Hall, they will do whatever it takes to defeat GHC Heavyweight Tag Team Champions Takayama and Sano and bring the belts back to the USA. And in breaking news, the KoW have defeated Taiji Ishimori & Ricky Marvin in Kumamoto.

- As announced in the 11/26 Newswire, TJ Perkins is making his return to ROH competition on December 17th in Plymouth, MA & the 18th at “Final Battle 2010”. Now finalized for ROH’s return to Memorial Hall, the technical wizard will step into the ring with the hard-hitting Kyle O’Reilly! The “youngest veteran” in wrestling versus one of the newest faces on the ROH scene; get your tickets here: http://www.rohstore.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=207.

- It is now known that Amazing Kong had accepted Daizee Haze’s offer for “Final Battle 2010” and will step into the ring as Haze’s partner against Sara Del Rey and a partner of her choosing. Del Rey has stated that she will announce her partner soon and it will be a woman that she has wrestled many times and knows that she can bring a fight to both Kong and Haze.

- Colt Cabana’s desire to wrestle people hold-for-hold in an honorable fashion has been made clear recently here on ROHwrestling.com (http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/colt-cabanas-frustrations/). Cabana has tried to distance himself from his recent blood feud and is attempting to put that chapter of his life in the past. However, he has been beaten recently by Rhett Titus and others in a dishonorable fashion. Cabana’s frustration has come to a climax and ROH officials have agreed to work with Cabana on his request to wrestle the best technical wrestlers from around the world. With that said on 12/18 at “Final Battle 2010” LIVE on iPPV it will be Colt Cabana vs. young scientific maestro TJ Perkins in a technical showcase of the art of professional wrestling.

- Eddie Edwards has been rehabilitating his recent shoulder injury and is ready to defend his World TV Championship in Louisville. The ROH TV Championship will be on the line both nights in Louisville on 12/09 and 12/10 with “The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels challenging on Friday night!

- Jay Briscoe has an autographed singlet up for auction just in time for Christmas at http://cgi.ebay.com/260700770011. The singlet was worn in the first match of the very first ROH show as well as in classic matches against some of the top stars in the world including Samoa Joe, CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, AJ Styles, and Evan Bourne.

- The Ring of Honor Wrestling Academy will begin its next session during the week of February 21st, 2011 with head trainer DELIRIOUS. The school is located in Bristol, PA (close to I-95 and the PA turnpike). The facility includes a full size ring, weight lifting equipment, a video library, and other resources. Our Academy continues to grow and improve daily. If you have ever had any interest in being a professional wrestler now is your time to train at the best school around. For more information or questions please email [email protected].

- Also expect Pro Wrestling Respect to return in early 2011!!! Pro Wrestling Respect is a small promotion exclusively for ROH Academy graduates! Keep an eye on www.prowrestlingrespect.com for more details.

·
Premium Member
32,163 Posts
TJP vs O'Reilly should be a great undercard match. Card is starting to look great from top to botton now, rather than just 3 stand out matches and a generic ROH undercard

Edit: nvm just realised its for the night before. Shame.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
But alas, it is the less interesting TJP vs. Cabana for Final Battle. Well, not necessarily less interesting, but more uncertain as to how their styles will mesh.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
I honestly think Cabana & TJ may very well put on a scientific wrestling clinic at Final Battle. Interesting match-up.

·
Premium Member
32,163 Posts
I'd throw Daniels, Cide, Cabana & TJ in a 4 way together as the opener. They dont need to do Cide vs Daniels for the sake of doing it because neither of them have a match on the card and it'll be a really fun opener to get the crowd involved rather than having ANX have an average squash match against someone like SSB or UIS. If they wanna make it more important they can always just stick a title shot on the line for the winner. Much better than having Daniels/Cide and TJ/Colt imo.

·
Man Who's Got a Machine Gun
3,855 Posts
I honestly think Cabana & TJ may very well put on a scientific wrestling clinic at Final Battle. Interesting match-up.
This. I've always thought Colt's best opponents are Hero & Claudio, because they can really mat wrestle with Colt. TJ can do it too. I think it'll be a great match.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,249 Posts
TJP vs O'Reilly should be a great undercard match. Card is starting to look great from top to botton now, rather than just 3 stand out matches and a generic ROH undercard

Edit: nvm just realised its for the night before. Shame.
Hey, they do need to give the Boston fans a decent card and I think they have an awesome top of the card. Can't complain with Omega/Strong, KOW/Wolves, and now O'Reilly/TJP. That looks like a show that might actually be able to sell on it's own.

And I'm hopeful that Colt and TJP will have a good match. I haven't been impressed with Colt outside of his hardcore matches recently but I hope that will change at Final Battle.

·
3,855 Posts
I really liked Colt's match with Eddie at Tag Wars. That was very entertaining. Lots of great stuff in there, and I'm sure Colt and TJP can do much better than that.

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
TJP/O'Reilly should be good, I hope Colt/TJP can be decent so the crowd doesn't turn on them. Colt needs a good singles match with TJ if they plan to push him after FB.

·
also known as a BUSTER
12,018 Posts
Delirious is starting to show signs of being a really decent booker. Both TJ and Omega have been used perfectly (presuming the results go the right way).

Putting TJ in a 4-way might have been a waste of him tbh, Seabs. This way, Cabana gets a nice win and the potential floating voters amongst TNA's fans get drawn in by the Daniels-Homicide match.

I'm sure ANX vs. Cole & O'Reilly will be a decent opener (presuming that will happen). I'd like to think there'll be a 4CS on the card though, with the best of the rest. Hopefully, putting over Mike Bennett.

Obvious hint at Melissa in the women's bit there too btw.

·
Usertitle ist hier
11,699 Posts
ROH is producing so real fantastic stuff. So much to look forward too.

Haas/Benji returning, Steen/Generico continuing, the rise of guys like TJP, O'Reilly, Cole and Bennett, Plymouth show with all three announced matches sounding real good and then Final Battle.

ROH always brings it at the end of the year and I hope the year ends with yet another big angle or scenerio. I know the World Title will close 2010, but I'd not be against Generico/Steen being given that honor, unless Davey is winning the belt, but Generico/Steen started here and it'd be just to let 2010 end with the "final showdown" between the pair, in a manner of speaking.

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
I think Steen/Generico is ending Final Battle whether Davey wins or not. It's the end of a year long feud started in the same place and will be a bloody match which will either end Generico's gimmick or Steen's ROH career (only temporarily I hope).

Plus right now I think Roddy's keeping the belt because even though everything has been leading up to a Davey win, if he does win that makes Roddy one of the worst champs maybe ever with a flat boring heel run as champ & one other title match which no one will see before FB.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I'm loving the influx of talent at the moment. ROH has the perfect mix of veteran stars, rising stars and young stars, Delirious is doing a great job of establishing a well-rounded roster

I've never seen TJ Perkins myself but everyone is talking him up so I'm excited to see what he can do. His match with O'Reilly could be a show stealer the kid can seriously go in-ring

·
Premium Member
32,163 Posts
Hey, they do need to give the Boston fans a decent card and I think they have an awesome top of the card. Can't complain with Omega/Strong, KOW/Wolves, and now O'Reilly/TJP. That looks like a show that might actually be able to sell on it's own.
All of the nights before a big show this year from ROH seem to have been half assed though imo.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Fade to Black was a fun show to watch. The matches weren't fantastic, but it was well paced and it had a solid crowd. The rest... yeah, they pretty much sucked.

·
3,855 Posts
All of the nights before a big show this year from ROH seem to have been half assed though imo.
So you're saying they should keep that up and half-ass it again?

·
Premium Member
32,163 Posts
I'd rather see TJ and O'Reilly have a match on the big iPPV than the show before where everyone is saving themselves for the next night. If they have an equally as good match then fine but there's been too many matches on minor shows the night before a big one that should have been so much better than they were.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
No complaints from me, the show before Final Battle and the big iPPV itself look excellent.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts