Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
33,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- BLACK FRIDAY SALE- 50% OFF ALL MERCHANDISE- TODAY ONLY: It has been a crazy day at Ring of Honor. Thank you to everybody who placed an order since the start of the “Black Friday Sale”. There are only a few hours remaining to save 50% Off ALL merchandise at ROHWrestling.com. We’ve extended the sale until 11 PM EST TONIGHT so don’t miss your chance to take advantage of this tremendous savings event. Don’t forget that no discount code is needed. All prices have been already been reduced by 50% Off on the site.

- Just announced at ROHwrestling.com (http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/two-nights-of-competition/), Kenny Omega will take on Roderick Strong in Plymouth, MA and Eddie Edwards at “Final Battle 2010”! Neither the World Title or the TV Title will be on the line in these bouts, but it doesn’t deter Omega from looking to make an impact. “It’s been awhile since the ROH fans have seen yours truly,” commented Omega, “so I’m looking forward to showing what I’ve learned in the last six months. Roddy and Eddie, you better be ready for a fight!”

- As announced earlier today (http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/world-tv-title-on-the-line-in-louisville/), ROH World TV Champion Eddie Edwards will defend the title against “The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels in Louisville, KY on Friday night December 10th. Edwards is still recovering from a serious shoulder injury a few weeks ago but is determined to prove himself a fighting champion.

- Also announced today (http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/the-notorious-187-comes-to-louisville/), “The Notorious 187” Homicide and ROH World Tag Team Champion Claudio Castagnoli will lock horns in Louisville, KY on Thursday night, December 9th as part of the special “ROH on HDNet” TV tapings. Can Claudio find a way to stop the momentum of the undefeated former World Champion? Or will Homicide continue his winning ways as he chases a shot at the World Title?

- And speaking of Homicide, he has officially signed to appear in NYC at “Final Battle 2010” on 12/18. “The Notorious 187” sent word to the ROH Office that he is upset that even though he is undefeated since his ROH return, he has not been added to the main event Championship match at Final Battle. “If I ain’t fighting for the belt then I want a match with the best you can find in NYC.”

- In other “Final Battle 2010” news, as has been speculated upon, the scientific wrestling sensation TJ Perkins will be competing in both NYC on 12/18 and in Plymouth, MA on 12/17. His opponents have yet to be determined so check back with ROHWrestling.com as the details become available. Meanwhile, tickets for both events can be purchased here: http://www.rohstore.com/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=3.

- Word broke on Wednesday afternoon (http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/amazing-kong-steps-up-to-the-plate/) that Amazing Kong had accepted Daizee Haze’s offer for “Final Battle 2010” and would step into the ring as Haze’s partner against Sara Del Rey. The only question is who exactly will be the self-proclaimed “Queen of Wrestling’s” partner on December 18th? No comment has been offered up by Sara or Shane Hagadorn as to who her partner may be.

- Mark and Jay have recently been training Papa Briscoe inside the squared circle for the big six man tag at Final Battle. “Man we trying to show him the ropes but he has been teaching us a few things. Pops is a tough son of a b***h that has beat our a** since we was 4 years old. Hagadorn better watch it cause dad ain’t no joke.” Check out the video featuring highlights from the contact signing for their match against the Kings of Wrestling and Shane Hagadorn at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmR4a0yoiXg.

- El Generico and Kevin Steen are gearing up for the biggest fight of their life at Final Battle. Since these two men have recently been disrupting everything and obviously cannot keep there hands off each other ROH officials have banned them from being within 50 feet of one another until Final Battle. If these two individuals intervene in anyway in each others matches or interact with each other within 50 feet prior to Final Battle, the match will be canceled and both men will be suspended for the foreseeable future.

- Be sure to catch “The Prodigy” Mike Bennett who will make his long awaited debut on “ROH on HDNet on 11/29” in a special in-ring segment. “The Prodigy”, along with his trainer Brutal Bob, have both officially signed to appear in Plymouth, MA on 12/17 and ROH officials and fans alike are looking forward to seeing what this highly talked about competitor can bring to ROH.

- Lance and Harlem Bravado recently squared off against Kyle O’Reilly and Adam Cole in an impressive match in Mississauga, Ontario and were surprised at the crowd reaction they received. “My grandma always told me that people up North lack manners and sophistication. My brother and I are polite young men who don’t deserve to be criticized,” said a smiling and gracious Lance Bravado. The Bravado Brothers have officially signed to appear in Louisville, KY on 12/9 and 12/10 and plan to bring their reverent and courteous attitudes with them to the Bluegrass State.

- We’ll be back next week with more news on Louisville, Plymouth, and New York City. Enjoy your weekend.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Nothing but great news for Final Battle weekend. This Final Battle most definitely has a chance of being best North American wrestling show of the year.

·
Registered
13,042 Posts

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
I'm hoping they just haven't announced him yet, although I don't see why they wouldn't have by now.
I saw Cole & O'Reilly live and while Cole is really good O'Reilly has star quality and I could see him main eventing in ROH or Evolve or TNA (if they exist and start pushing talent in the main event again) at the longest 2 years from now.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,974 Posts
Maybe it will be TJ vs. O'Reilly at FB and that's why he hasn't been announced yet. That'd be a pretty huge win for KOR. Dunno where that'd leave Cole though, or ANX who'd I'd have expected to wrestle Cole/O'Reilly in a tag.

I get the impression that ROH have something else still up their sleeve. Like Romero/TJ vs. ANX or something.

·
Man Who's Got a Machine Gun
3,855 Posts
I liked it better when no one gave a fuck about TJ Perkins because he really isn't worth giving a fuck about.
Man, obviously he is worth giving a fuck about. A lot of us seem to like him. If you don't like him, fine, but don't say things like that. Do you just wander around this forum looking for opportunities to make yourself look like a prick? I hardly ever see you post any positive remarks.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,974 Posts
I definitely don't have TJ filed under "generic" in my head. He's had a quirky, pseudo-Alex Shelley look about him for a while now, coupled with some weird maneuvers.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
True, but for the longest time he was pretty damn generic-looking.

I'm a pretty huge TJP fan, but I can definitely see why people wouldn't like him. He sometimes needs to be in there with the right person for his matches to be any good.

·
Hunter of Invisible Game
37,904 Posts
TJ is a talented guy but he sucks the interest out of me when I watch him wrestle. He's like Chad Collyer. Only people i've seen pull a entertaining match out of him are Romero & Danielson because their respective styles work well with that TJ does.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts