Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may already exist, have been requested, and I'll feel really stupid if it's a feature I need to turn on...

But anyways, on other forms I've seen a notification system. Basically in the bottom lefthand corner little things will pop up if somebody mentioned you in a quite, gave a rep or thanks for your post, and if you had a new PM waiting.

I found it to be a pretty useful feature.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no.

This isn't facebook we dont need a notification system.
Care to tell me what you find inconvenient about being notified when you've been quoted or given rep for a post? It's a much quicker and easier way to see who is quoting you and respond to them.

I've yet to see a forum use it and have it not be a popular feature. But whatevs...

·
Premium Member
30,980 Posts
It's built into newer versions of vBulletin software. The owners of this site aren't willing to upgrade the software so it isn't possible at the moment.

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
10,816 Posts
Care to tell me what you find inconvenient about being notified when you've been quoted or given rep for a post? It's a much quicker and easier way to see who is quoting you and respond to them.

I've yet to see a forum use it and have it not be a popular feature. But whatevs...
You can always click UserCP to check your rep.

I personally don't feel the need to care the moment someone reps or responds to me. I don't check my rep unless I am changing my sig because I click UserCP to do that, and I usually just check back on topics I care about to see if anyone is talking to me.

Otherwise, I don't give a shit.

Pretty sure you would get annoyed if you were getting pop ups every 2 seconds.

·
The Sundance Kid
18,526 Posts
I'm actually on a couple other forums that have this and I like it quite a bit. Helps me keep track of discussions I'm in 'cause I have a horrible attention span. If it bothered anyone they could just disable the feature.

But if the owners refuse to upgrade the software then there's not much to discuss anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts