Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just reading the house show results for TNA in jacksonville florida and savannah... now maybe its just me but to me their house shows are better booked than impact!?
on a house show coming up on march 24th the main event is kurt angle vs aj styles vs pope is that not a frekin good main event? and the main event of jacksonville was matt hardy vs rob van dam AGAIN good solid main event yet on impact we see the same 4-5 guys every week, whats your guys thoughts?

·
Premium Member
44,439 Posts
Their House shows tend to be really good because there is none of the bullshit that hinders their Television product (bad booking, bad writing).

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
tv shows have to (attempt) to make sense. If impact nexty week had Angle vs AJ vs Pope the collective IWC of this forum would explode with how is it possible because pope is fueding with Joe Angle with Jarrett. Then people would run down TNA for not finishing stories etc...

·
Registered
245 Posts
if they're only house shows, there's no need for any TV writers to be involved in planning the event, and therefore the house shows aren't bogged down with the shit that TNA puts out each week to "promote" their product....

I actually want to issue a proper challenge to TNA management - why don't you tape a house show event, and then play that taped event one week as a 2hr "episode" of Impact and see what happens to your ratings (they can only go higher than you're drawing right now...)

and when I say tape, I mean the wrestling action that happens in the arena, and ignore all of these stupid plot "developing"(????) backstage skits which show the product for it's true value - you have a roster full of professional wrestlers, not TV actors.... why not use them at what they're professionals at, instead of trying to develop "episodic television" like a shit action sitcom

oh for a return to the 80s NWA programming...

·
Registered
884 Posts
and when I say tape, I mean the wrestling action that happens in the arena, and ignore all of these stupid plot "developing"(????) backstage skits which show the product for it's true value - you have a roster full of professional wrestlers, not TV actors.... why not use them at what they're professionals at, instead of trying to develop "episodic television" like a shit action sitcom

if that ain't the truth.
they need to learn that they can't beat a billion dollar sports entertainment company at its own game. just be a wrestling company.

·
I live in a pineapple....under the sea.
530 Posts
House Shows don't need to make sense....because its not aired so they dont have to do promos or anything and its just matches all the way through. its better than having Bitchoff and Hogan in the ring for half the show talking about...whatever they talk about...

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
if that ain't the truth.
they need to learn that they can't beat a billion dollar sports entertainment company at its own game. just be a wrestling company.
Problem with that is the less wrestling TNA seems to put out the more ratings they are getting. So someone in TNA is thinking to make promo's longer etc.. TNA as wrestling 0.89 TNA as entertainment 1.22.

I know theres alot of other factors involved but they're looking at it from the simplest factors.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Problem with that is the less wrestling TNA seems to put out the more ratings they are getting. So someone in TNA is thinking to make promo's longer etc.. TNA as wrestling 0.89 TNA as entertainment 1.22.

I know theres alot of other factors involved but they're looking at it from the simplest factors.
so what. ratings sucks and ruined the biz.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
if they're only house shows, there's no need for any TV writers to be involved in planning the event, and therefore the house shows aren't bogged down with the shit that TNA puts out each week to "promote" their product....

I actually want to issue a proper challenge to TNA management - why don't you tape a house show event, and then play that taped event one week as a 2hr "episode" of Impact and see what happens to your ratings (they can only go higher than you're drawing right now...)

Who the hell would want to watch a house show on TV? House shows are arranged the way they are because they are live events booked to be entertaining to a live crowd. A house show would make an awful television episode. What makes you think a business model from the 80s would in modern times? TNA is already treading water emulating the late 90s, and you think it's a good idea to go back even further?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Their house shows are great. I don't really care how shitty their TV/PPV storylines get, with the talent they have, their house shows will be awesome every night for real wrestling fans.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Umm, ratings are sky high for TNA right now, best they have been in awhile. They have drawn a 1.4 and several 1.3s so far this year. There average for the year right now is 1.22 which is their highest all time (1.14 for 2009 being 2nd, 1.06 last year).

TNAs main problem is going to the well for things that worked 15 years ago and now you want them to go to the well for things that sorta worked (NWA was never more than the #2 promotion in the US after 1983) in the 80s?

Nah, it is time for TNA to figure out what is going to work in the 2010s, stop going back to the 90s and 80s and look towards the future. TNA needs to continue to grow.

·
also known as a BUSTER
12,021 Posts
tv shows have to (attempt) to make sense. If impact nexty week had Angle vs AJ vs Pope the collective IWC of this forum would explode with how is it possible because pope is fueding with Joe Angle with Jarrett. Then people would run down TNA for not finishing stories etc...
There's no reason why you couldn't put Joe/Jarrett on commentary or have them be referenced in the match, or have them run in, or do a million other things.

One of the worst things about modern mainstream wrestling, is this philosophy that everyone has to be involved in a four-week-long feud, all of the time, and should never directly interact with anyone but that rival for for the entireity of that four weeks.

·
8,232 Posts
One of the worst things about modern mainstream wrestling, is this philosophy that everyone has to be involved in a four-week-long feud, all of the time, and should never directly interact with anyone but that rival for for the entireity of that four weeks.
A philosophy ROH doesn't subscribe to.

They also don't subscribe to the philosophy of wrestlers not allowed to be a singles wrestler and in a tag team simultaneously.

·
Registered
459 Posts

WCW Clash of The Champions style is what this sounds like. I like the idea.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.