Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
SELF CONTROL.
5,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't mind the show overall but why should we care for which brand wins by the end of the night? What's the incentive? Why should wrestlers get along with their enemies just for the one night? Bragging rights? Really? That's not enough.

What would you have up for the grabs to make to make the show more engaging?

Some ideas..
  • Number 30 spot at Royal rumble
  • Main event Wrestlemania
Can't think of many others at the moment.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Sorry but Graves ideas weren't great at all. This ppv was about highlighting the development show on Wednesday nights.

·
Blaze is Elite
2,874 Posts
Maybe the winner gets the #1 Draft pick in the next draft?

Tho, none of that really matters to the superstars? Maybe everyone on the winning teams get a future title shot? If you're a champion that wins, you can maybe get the next PPV off or something? Not only do you got to make the fans care, you got to give at least in kayfabe a reason for the wrestlers to care. Surely since some of the people fighting for a brand, was just on another brand a month or two ago, and probably will be moved again by the next one.

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
Ratings on Wednesday night, pal.

:vince5

Survivor Series was a 5 & a half hour preshow for NXT this Wednesday.

If they don't win again this week it'll be the most embarrassing moment since the XFL.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Number 30 spot at Royal rumble
They could at least have a Stanley Cup style trophy that the winners get to keep for a year.
I think both of these are good ideas and infinitely better than what they currently do, which is sweep it under the carpet after banging on about how important it is for a month.

Fans don't generally support a particular brand and many of these wrestlers only just moved to a new show, so there needs to be some outcome for fans and wrestlers, somehow.

Smackdown lost 6-0 last year. They've been desperate to keep it a secret since. Even in the fall-out shows, it was largely ignored. It's stupid and insulting.

·
Premium Member
43,797 Posts
And that's why I never gave a shit about the brand superiority angle they typically do around Survivor Series time.

Its basically like the Pro Bowl...ultimately, who cares who wins between the NFC and AFC? It doesn't really matter.

I had the idea of maybe the winning brand gets a lot of controlling perks like the last 5 spots in the Royal Rumble, the WrestleMania main event (which lets be real, NXT was never going to get that), and the Money in the Bank Ladder Match at the next year's MITB PPV. The top draft pick is another option, but that's more for management than the wrestlers. The other prizes are clear incentives for the wrestlers to fight for their brand, win, and then stay on the brand.

As is, its just "Who wins bragging rights?" (like that really matters). I honestly don't give a shit if Raw, SD, or NXT wins. I was more invested in Hogwarts House cup, but even that lost significance after year 1. Its hard to care about which house wins when you got evil wizards running around.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
BRAND SUPREMACY PAL!!

Which really 99% of us dont give a single shit about.

I like the idea of who ever team wins gets first pick at royal rumble numbers. Can start the road to WrestleMania right here

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Spots 22-28 in each Royal Rumble are reserved for the winning brand. It gives everyone on the brand a reason to care and it doesn't stop you having surprise returns because you can still have them in the last 2.

·
Registered
14,593 Posts
I agree there should be an incentive here. Maybe the person who gets the winning pin gets #30 in the Royal Rumble. The person who takes the pin gets #1.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts