Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/18357/

-- Regarding Mae Young, among those in the know it is generally believed that her 1939 debut is a worked date, and the real date is most likely early 1941. No records can be found from before that date, and she herself on Raw said she was 17 when she debuted, which would have been around 1941. People who have wrestling magazines from the 1950s also note that the stories written about here then always listed her debut date as 1941. She is still an amazing woman.

-- You will be stunned to hear that most everyone in WWE wants Jim Ross back. Of course, only one person's vote counts, and I don't know how Vince will vote.

-- The wrestlers had the time of their lives last night, particularly those that grew up around the business. Nexus was watching Piper's promo intently. Everyone in wrestling and MMA should watch that promo intently, about 100 times. The legends were excited to meet some of the third generation guys as well, particularly Joe Hennig (Michael McGillicutty) since everyone loved his dad, and it was one of those nights where they got to see people like Tamina and Husky who some hadn't seen for awhile all grown up and out performing. The biggest pop of the night both in the building and backstage was Mae Young calling Laycool sluts and bitches, and even Vince chuckled at that one.

-- We don't have a rating yet, but the talk is that if the number is good they'll do another one of these next year. I think it'll do pretty good in the 9-11 slot, but usually 8-10 gets killed because a fair number of fans, like Randy Orton apparently, don't remember it starts an hour early.
Glad to read about JR. And the bit about Mae is funny as well.

·
It All Ends.
1,028 Posts
That's all really nice to read - especially the third part, about the Legends looking forward to meeting the younger generations. And yeah, the Piper promo just showed that the guy is pretty fucking special on the mic.

:lmao at the Mae/LayCool segment. Awesome stuff.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Nice little read.

I wouldn't mind seeing JR back also. Send Grisham back to backstage interviews and have Cole (he is on Smackdown also now, he may as well) or JR replace him. Say yes to JR returning Vince.

I'm sure last night was fun for old times sake for the legends. However, I hope that this is Mae Youngs last appearance on RAW. I bet it was cool for Tamina to stand beside her father next to the ring during the Uso match. Shame that Rikishi wasn't there standing next to them as well. It definatly looked like a fun night.

·
*something amusing*
1,929 Posts
No mention of Sexual Chocolate? :lmao I was hoping others would use their old music/gimmicks like Cena using "Word Life" and HHH (though obvs not there) using "My Time".

I hope they do it again though, i was marking out from the moment i saw the ring/ropes/apron right up until my Sky box decided RAW had finished when Cena came out.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Look, we all love JR, but hes in no condition to travel the country for RAW. If hes up for it, sure. Otherwise, just tell King to fuck off.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I really REALLY hope JR is coming back. I have some PPV's from 2003 when JR/Lawler called the Raw matches while Cole/Tazz did Smackdown. It is a great way to compare JR's brilliance to Cole's blandness. Even with Cole's heel gimick now, its no contest. JR can draw interest to a match and he brings the best out of Lawler. I didn't realize how much I missed JR until last night.

·
7 years, 18 movies later ....
3,323 Posts
Good read nice to hear about that everyone wants JR back. Ill have to check out that Piper promo if it was good.

·
8,232 Posts
I want JR back. I enjoy Cole's professional trolling, it's absolutely hilarious, but I wouldn't be opposed to JR back on RAW with King for another run. Actually, Cole can stay with them and it'll be even better. He can still be the "voice of WWE" considering he's on both major shows as a part of 3 men commentary teams.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,993 Posts
- I think the 'adult diapers' comment, in the Mae Young bit, was a step too far but such is Vince McMahon's vision for his TV product.

- Jim Ross was on fire, last night, despite Michael Cole being given the kamikaze mission of burying everyone and everything around him. It seemed as though the Dragon-Swagger match was either put together by J.R. or specifically for him. Too much of a perfect fit not to be. The immortal line from him was: “I don't see anything “boring”, about Daniel Bryan, whatsoever”.

- Roddy Piper's promo might be my wrestling promo of the year. Cena looked like he was about to legitimately tear-up. It's so ironic that, whilst Hulk Hogan is shitting all over one company's world title, Piper has just showcased (and raised) the importance of another's to absolute perfection.

Anyway, thanks for posting OP.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Was at the show live and was in hysterics during the Mae Young segment. It was freaking hilarious. JR got a great pop, not sure how it showed on TV but he probably had the 2nd biggest pop of the night behind John Cena. Crowd was hot and the show was great. Would love to see JR stick around, even if it was just for a show here or there. Piper was great last night as well. He definitely stole the show.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Roddy looked good. Lost so much weight. Awesome promo aswell. proving he's the greatest on the stick.

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
It was nice to see JR last nite. He looked soo excited. I was even more into the match last night just because he was calling it.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts