Wrestling Forum banner

Not enough heels? Simple: Desmonde Wolfe

2100 Views 24 Replies 22 Participants Last post by  Boom Baby
He's over with the crowd. He's a credible main eventer. He has a following. And oh yeah, he's talented as hell both in the ring and the mic. Don't put him in Immortal if you don't want, but he can be useful for feuding with Angle(when the Jarrett feud is done), OR Styles/Anderson(whichever one is not feuding with Jeff Hardy). Or you can put him in the midcard and have him rescue Samoa Joe from this idiotic storyline he's in which no one really completely understands. Or put him in the X-Division and have him feud with Red or Sabin. Or have him in a tag team with Doug Williams, turn Doug heel, and put on 5 star matches against Beer Money. Wolfe would open up a ton of options for TNA feud-wise and would deliver at a high level no matter where you put him in.

Boom. Done. Thank me later Dixie and Russo.
Reactions: ~Fallen Angel~
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Banned
18,124 Posts
I'm still waiting for London Brawling.

· Registered
13,468 Posts
He's still out with no set return date isn't he?
Yup. Honestly I don't think we'll see him in a TNA ring again. But it's not like they thought of him that highly though after Hogan/Bischoff came in so I doubt they'd use him as a focal point of any major angle.

· Banned
10,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^ haha yeah. Are we EVER going to see that Motor City Machine Guns vs London Brawling match that was supposed to happen like 6 months ago?

· Registered
2,800 Posts
When will the collective IWC get off this man's scrotum?

For the love of god, he's not that great. He's a very good wrestler. He's an asset to the company. That I agree with.

But people here seem to like to put him on the same level as a Kurt Angle or an AJ Styles, when in reality he's not even in their league. Wolfe has an unexciting moveset, his mic skills need work, and he isn't great at selling. His look and gimmick aren't great either. Not to mention his history of injuries. As far as I'm concerned, all he has going for him is his technical ability.

You CANNOT use him as a cornerstone. He is NOT main event material at present. He has the potential to be, if he can ever get back into the ring.

· Banned
8,885 Posts
When will the collective IWC get off this man's scrotum?

For the love of god, he's not that great. He's a very good wrestler. He's an asset to the company. That I agree with.

But people here seem to like to put him on the same level as a Kurt Angle or an AJ Styles, when in reality he's not even in their league. Wolfe has an unexciting moveset, his mic skills need work, and he isn't great at selling. His look and gimmick aren't great either. Not to mention his history of injuries. As far as I'm concerned, all he has going for him is his technical ability.

You CANNOT use him as a cornerstone. He is NOT main event material at present. He has the potential to be, if he can ever get back into the ring.
There is so much wrong with this post. Go on youtube and watch some of his work and then come tell me if you have the same opinion. If Wolfes moveset is unexciting than what does that make pretty much 90% of the rosters movesets?

· Registered
2,800 Posts
There is so much wrong with this post. Go on youtube and watch some of his work and then come tell me if you have the same opinion. If Wolfes moveset is unexciting than what does that make pretty much 90% of the rosters movesets?
I've seen dozens of his matches, going back to Ring of Honor. He executes his moves very well, but he's extremely predictable.

Sorry if that interferes with your man crush.

· Banned
10,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wolfe is a great worker. He has chemistry with just about anyone and he draws heat well. His execution is pretty much flawless and he can mix it up with just about any style. He had great matches against Japanese(vs Marufuji particularly) lucha libre(Generico) American(Austin Aries, Strong, etc) and some of the best matches of all time against American Dragon, Bryan Danielson.

· Chris Jericho > You
3,667 Posts
Wolfe is incredible in every way and as we've seen, he is a great heel. The issue is that we don't know if he's coming back to TNA because of his current physical/medical condition. If he does return, he should definitely be one of the top heels in the business. I can't think of anyone better than him when it comes to having the whole package.

· Registered
9,884 Posts
Nobody really knows the story behind Wolfe, except it's some medical condition that kept him. So it's not TNA's fault. I think we'll see him in a TNA ring again, but we don't have a whole lot to go off.

· Registered
980 Posts
At this point it doesn't matter I just want to see Demond Wolfe return to wrestling.
Worst of all is not knowing if or when he'll return, it's been too long!

· Registered
8,175 Posts
He's been gone so long, that you wonder if he'll ever come back.

Whatever is wrong physically with Desmond, I think he's still an asset that TNA should use.

If he can never wrestle again, I think TNA either think about making him a manager or a commentator.

Or, have him do both like Bobby Heenan.

He's got great mic skills and a ton of charisma.

He's definitely useful to TNA, even if he can't wrestle anymore.

· also known as a BUSTER
13,189 Posts
But people here seem to like to put him on the same level as a Kurt Angle or an AJ Styles, when in reality he's not even in their league.
I've seen him have better matches, than Angle and Styles, after losing the use of both arms. Not that there's even anything wrong with Angle and Styles.

Wolfe has an unexciting moveset, his mic skills need work, and he isn't great at selling. His look and gimmick aren't great either.
he's extremely predictable.
How can someone be this retarded? It drives me crazy.

You're talking about a guy who's work product, at his peak, would hold up against the best work of anyone who ever set foot in a ring.

He's one of the smartest wrestlers, psychologically, that I've ever seen. His moveset is completely unique. His promos are fantastic...sunshine. You won't see many better sellers - physically, facially or otherwise. His ROH gimmick was easily one of the best gimmicks of the modern era. His feud with Dragon was just incredible and he had five star, or near five star, matches with multiple other challengers during his ROH title run.

In an alternate universe, where injuries and accidents didn't happen, Nigel, right now, might well have been set to lariat John Cena's head off at Wrestlemania. Alas...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.