Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think more people are starting to watch other shows and it might slightly impact Raws ratings. The ratings have been abit lower as of late,but after seeing the AM Rating for Raw this week, it shows that well over 5M people in USA watch Raw(number might even be 6M depending how much watch online).

Though something I've noticed now is that more people are watching tv shows. Two and a half men averaged around 15M people for all its seeasons,this season they're getting in the 20Ms(mostly because people want to see how this show is gonna turn out with the main character change,but 2 straight weeks of 20m+ is good).

How I Met Your Mother averages around 9M, this season they're getting anywhere from 10-12M.

Those are just 2 monday shows,but it really shows that more people are tuning into specific shows. Like I said, Raws ratings were already low during the summer,but since so many shows are gaining viewers, that might be good for Raw. Just because it doesn't show up on the ratings,doesn't mean that people don't watch it.

·
Banned
1,042 Posts
i'll admit, once this season of House MD starts again (this monday night at 9) I'm gunna be missing the first hour of raw...Right now thats the only show that would tear me away from Raw.

·
Try being informed instead of just opinionated.
3,350 Posts
It's funny cause I still don't fully grasp the way ratings work. The USA network is claiming to have had their biggest ratings quarter ever and regarding RAW,

WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW made USA the #1 entertainment network in all of television in its Monday 9pm-11pm time period among M18-34 and total males, coming in behind only FOX for M18-49 entertainment viewers as well as beating CBS in P18-49 and P18-34. WWE Raw delivered +3% more total viewers and +8% more P18-34 in 3Q11 than it had in 3Q10.

·
Banned
162 Posts
Well, you are assuming that AM Raw's viewership numbers are normally way lower, which might be true but I don't know what it averages. I mean, if AM Raw typically averages around 800k or so then there still might be a decline in total viewership.

·
Banned
162 Posts
It's funny cause I still don't fully grasp the way ratings work. The USA network is claiming to have had their biggest ratings quarter ever and regarding RAW,

Ratings measure the percentage of people watching tv that are watching your program. So even if viewership increases then ratings may fall if more people are watching tv overall at that time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts