Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we all know vince loves big Guys and he gives them Monster push most of the times and some of them do become main eventers in WWE. Other day i was thinking what went wrong with :

1. Bobby Lashely
2. Chris masters
3. Mordecai

Was it boooking which suckkkked OR was it due to the fact that these guys suuuuuuuuuuck Or some other reason ?????

·
Banned
10,007 Posts
The booking was sub-par for Masters and Mordecai - they could have been huge stars. Lashley, though, was just booked as a generic monster with no real character and as such he never got over a tremendous deal.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
masters have some strikes there..

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
As we all know vince loves big Guys and he gives them Monster push most of the times and some of them do become main eventers in WWE. Other day i was thinking what went wrong with :

1. Bobby Lashely
2. Chris masters
3. Mordecai

Was it boooking which suckkkked OR was it due to the fact that these guys suuuuuuuuuuck Or some other reason ?????
All of the resons you named can play a part. In Lashley's case he had a lot of potential but it does appear that his heart wasn't entirely in wrestling which is why he went into MMA. Putting him on ECW didn't help.

Masters plain sucked back then and wellness policy violations cost him as well. Also, a comment made by Jerry Jarrett in his RF shoot is revealing. Jarrett pointed out that Master's entire gimmick was that he had a million dollar physique but that it didn't stand out because so did everyone else, in fact, he would often come out after a guy with a better physique than he had.

Mordecai was pretty green when he debuted. He wasn't helped by the fact that he was billed as a monster but was smaller than many of the powerhouse guys already established on the roster, nor by his decision to sell Scotty 2 Hotty's offense in his debut match at Judgement Day.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Lashley was pretty over.
Hell we has even at WM23 on Trump's side.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
and what the heck happened to Razor Ramon. He was very over during the period of 1994-1996 if im not mistaken

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Some big guys get over, some don't. For every Undertaker or Big Show, there's a Matt Morgan or a Nathan Jones.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
-Lashley probably would've gotten a run with the World title had he not bailed after Krystal was fired. He was a big deal in the months leading up to his departure.

-Masters also may have gotten a World title reign had he not gotten busted for steroids. It's a shame to see how much he's improved in the ring and know that it's not going to amount to anything because Vince lost faith in him.

-Mordecai was just more hype than anything really. He had a unique look and a cool theme but didn't offer a whole lot more than that. Hard to believe he was once rumored to feud with both Taker and Eddie.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,616 Posts
-Lashley probably would've gotten a run with the World title had he not bailed after Krystal was fired. He was a big deal in the months leading up to his departure.

-Masters also may have gotten a World title reign had he not gotten busted for steroids. It's a shame to see how much he's improved in the ring and know that it's not going to amount to anything because Vince lost faith in him.

-Mordecai was just more hype than anything really. He had a unique look and a cool theme but didn't offer a whole lot more than that. Hard to believe he was once rumored to feud with both Taker and Eddie.
He was good in the ring as well, and was fairly decent on the mic as well

·
Registered
1,684 Posts

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Wow first time i saw this Mordecai, where did he go? That Promo was good. Lashley was great WWE screwed it up and Masters was hired for his Body and got fired for the Steroids.

·
Dios perdona, los Perros... NO!
3,916 Posts
Mordecai's gimmick would be my pick to retire Taker. Religious zealot exorcises The Demon...
For those that don't know, Mordecai is Kevin Thorne. The vampire dude that was on ECW. WWE really went bizarre with him. I liked his stuff. Pity he went nowhere.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Lashley did get over a little due to Vince forcing him down our throats - plus he would definitely have become a World Champion in my opinion. Vince had a major hard on for him.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Lashley would've been champ by now I think if he hadn't made like Amelia Erhart. Masters was busted for steroids, etc. . . .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts