Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which heterogenous tag teams did you enjoy seeing together? By that I mean teams who didn't have a joint gimmick (so no Demolition, Smoking Gunns, London & Kenderick etc)

Here are some I can think of:

Allied Powers (very underrated)
Shawn Michaels & Diesel
Yokozuna and Owen Hart
Miz & Morrisson
Edge and Jericho (shame we never got to see them but I was there the night they won the title!)
Jerishow

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
What exactly does "Joint Gimmick" mean? Do Edge & Christian count? Or Money, Inc.?

Shawn/Diesel
HHH/Austin
Owen/Yokozuna
Rock/Sock
Miz/Morrison
Kid/Holly
Allied Powers (I agree that they were very underrated)
Bulldog/Owen (or does that not count?)
New Age Outlaws

I could keep going, but I need some clarification on the "Joint Gimmick" thing lol. Like, an extension of the other? The Gunns were virtually the exact same gimmick, same with Demolition, I get that. Does that mean Money, Inc. and E&C can be listed here?

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
New Age Outlaws? Can't believe they weren't in the OP
Yeah, I wasn't sure about them. But my point was that you take 2 singles wrestlers who preserve their individual identities and just throw them together. Even though NAO didn't dress the same or talk the same, they didn't remain as Double J Jesse James and Rockabilly. The took on a combined gimmick of being mischievous, smart and dirty.

Money Inc is a tricky one and a matter of opinion, though their individual identities had some overlap.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Yeah, I wasn't sure about them. But my point was that you take 2 singles wrestlers who preserve their individual identities and just throw them together. Even though NAO didn't dress the same or talk the same, they didn't remain as Double J Jesse James and Rockabilly. The took on a combined gimmick of being mischievous, smart and dirty.

Money Inc is a tricky one and a matter of opinion, though their individual identities had some overlap.
Money Inc. were always an odd team when you think about it. A multi-millionaire and a tax man? wouldn't they be natural enemies? I suppose to that extent they would have to be considered a true team with a combined gimmick using the criteria you're using.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Money Inc. were always an odd team when you think about it. A multi-millionaire and a tax man? wouldn't they be natural enemies? I suppose to that extent they would have to be considered a true team with a combined gimmick using the criteria you're using.
LOL :D:D:D:D I still can't add to your reputation :(

I guess the fans were too young in 1992 to understand the tax implications. But post 1998 that has the potential for a great angle that adults would find entertaining.

·
I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
767 Posts
Rock 'n' Sock Connection were definitely my favourite and most memorable non-traditional tag team.

Two-Man Power Trip also springs to mind.

·
Registered
199 Posts
RVD and Kane! Partly because RVD was my favourite as a kid, and Kane was my step-brother's favourite.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
New Age Outlaws? Can't believe they weren't in the OP
Totally agree, for me they have to be the best thrown together Tag Team the WWF created, also, the fact that they actually made a storyline out of Jesse James complaining live on air about being a jobber without saying as much, made it all feel very real.

Oh scrap that, I just remembered Money Inc. Only thrown together because Hawk failed a drug test and won the titles on their first night as a team

I also loved Jeff Jarrett and Owen Hart together as a team and it's the only real time I've been a Jarret fan

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Rock n Sock, Two Man Power Trip, Miz/Morrison, and I have a soft spot for the temporary MVP/Hardy team back when they were feuding.

·
Recognize
21,503 Posts
The Two Man Power Trip.
Yout stole my answer. After all the shit these two put each other through, to see HHH storm to the ring and then side with Austin rather than against him was a total WTF moment. Not to mention the fact that they just downright OWNED. Awesome team.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts