Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but I just finished watching NoC Punk vs HHH and i'm having a hard time understanding what happened at the end.

R Truth and Miz put Punk on top of HHH for the pin and acted upset when Trips kicked out. When Punk gave HHH the GTS and had him for the three count R Truth broke the pinfall by yanking Punks leg. I don't understand this booking.

Also, Nash was about to give HHH a jacknife powerbomb and Punk intervened. A minute later Punk was the one to get powerbombed. Why would Punk stop HHH from being powerbombed? I don't understand.

Does anyone have a clue?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Best Booking Ever.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
To be honest I don't even remember how it went down, all I know is there was one big fucking clusterfuck at the end that they're gonna have a great deal of trouble explaining.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Also, Nash was about to give HHH a jacknife powerbomb and Punk intervened. A minute later Punk was the one to get powerbombed. Why would Punk stop HHH from being powerbombed? I don't understand.
Despite everything that has gone on between Punk/HHH, Punk still has his "honor"

·
Registered
571 Posts

Does anyone have a clue?
Presumably they will just put it down to Punk hating Nash and just attacking him as soon as he recovered from that initial attack by Nash.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I think CM Punk is going with the "honor" thing. And R-Truth just wanted payback for Punk throwing him out of the ring I guess.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Lauranitis didn't let the ref go in the ring when HHH first tried to pin Punk. but when Punk covered HHH he let the ref go in the ring. it looks like the storyline is Lauranitis wanted Punk to win so he can have HHH's job as COO.

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but I just finished watching NoC Punk vs HHH and i'm having a hard time understanding what happened at the end.

R Truth and Miz put Punk on top of HHH for the pin and acted upset when Trips kicked out. When Punk gave HHH the GTS and had him for the three count R Truth broke the pinfall by yanking Punks leg. I don't understand this booking.

Does anyone have a clue?

I actually do have a clue, and I can explain for you.

The reason Miz, and Truth placed Punk on top of HHH was so that Miz/Truth could take responsibility for getting rid of HHH as COO, so when HHH kicked out they're pissed naturally. However, once Punk hit the GTS on HHH, and then went for the pin it keeps Miz/Truth out of the picture, and hence the reason the pull Punk off of HHH for the pin(it takes them out of the spotlight). The idea from Miz/Truth is that they want the credit for Punk's success. Punk stops Nash from hitting the Jack Knife on HHH is simple. He is the face, and he doesn't want a "cheap" win from Nash, whom Punk obviously hates. Thus, to put himself over as a credible "face" Punk takes the finisher from Nash.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.