Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Le Champion
18,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like it may be a necessary thing to do given the wrestling environment currently. Could really liven up the marquee matches as well. Can't say I care for that ugly ass logo though. :LOL:

·
HEADBANGA
22,441 Posts
Such a goofy name for a wrestling promotion. Cool that they're merging companies, makes you wonder how they'll mesh their rosters together as they both has different philosophies on how to present pro wrestling.

·
Registered
24,435 Posts
Wait, so they are making a new promotion out of this? Damn, when I first saw the headline I thought they were just having a joint show called "Cyber Fight", lol.

I mean, that seems like a pretty big deal for 2 promotions like DDT & Noah to give up those names to form a new promotion. Apparently "Toyko Women's and Gun Pro Wrestling", 2 promotions I've never watched mind you are apart of this too.

And they've made it clear their intention is to compete with NJPW.

·
Registered
11,620 Posts
They can compete with New Japan with smart booking. Smart booking takes time. Might have to take 3 years to really build up something credible.

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,620 Posts
Wait, so they are making a new promotion out of this? Damn, when I first saw the headline I thought they were just having a joint show called "Cyber Fight", lol.

I mean, that seems like a pretty big deal for 2 promotions like DDT & Noah to give up those names to form a new promotion. Apparently "Toyko Women's and Gun Pro Wrestling", 2 promotions I've never watched mind you are apart of this too.

And they've made it clear their intention is to compete with NJPW.
They aren't giving up their names as that'll be really stupid of them to get rid of their established brands. They are just joining together under one subsidiary. NOAH and DDT will be separate brands. As will Tokyo Joshi Pro and Ganbare Pro Wrestling (DDT Foods as well), the promotions that you've never heard of :LOL:.

·
Registered
24,435 Posts
They aren't giving up their names as that'll be really stupid of them to get rid of their established brands. They are just joining together under one subsidiary. NOAH and DDT will be separate brands. As will Tokyo Joshi Pro and Ganbare Pro Wrestling (DDT Foods as well), the promotions that you've never heard of :LOL:.
Ah, that makes more sense then. So for an American equivalent, it's like when WWN had multiple brands under it like Evolve then?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts