Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just watch this promo (in my opinion the greatest promo the WWE has ever put together for a Pay Per View, and tell me that there is a feud past, present, or future that will ever rival this. Everything about this feud was fantastic, the build, the promos, the music, and of course, the match. Just watch this video and remember how much the video package blew you away back in the day...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT2NbOaj2js&feature=fvst

·
Registered
13,167 Posts
I preferred the Undertaker/HBK feud package for WM26 over this one.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,975 Posts
this can rival it.

·
i ain't got no type
1,490 Posts
I liked these feuds from 2006-2010...

2006: Edge/Cena
2007: Batista/Undertaker
2008: Jericho/Shawn Michaels
2009: Triple H/Randy Orton
2010: John Cena/Batista

Most of these were pretty good imo.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Austin vs McMahon and the original Undertaker vs Kane (before the subsequent 5 million horrible fueds that ruined its image) are far superior to Austin vs Rock. Much, much better written.

Then again, I'll never rank a fued with The Rock in it very highly, so shoot me.

·
Turning the paige
3,251 Posts
I'll be the first to agree with you then. It diddn't get better than Rocky and Stone Cold for me.

Shawn and Takers WM 26 promo could be very close though.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I always enjoyed the Cactus Jack/Triple H promos for their feud in early 2000

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
:lmao at the 13 year olds commenting in the comment box. man looking up past vids on Youtube is pure gold when you read those comments.

Anyway, I knew this was gonna be a thread bout Austin vs Rock. We might at as well put Austin vs Rock as the best wrestling feud of all time. Jeez, it's like the only feud people know around here or something.

What about the build up for Owen Hart vs Bret Hart Summerslam 1994?

Hell even Cena and Edge from 06 could give that build a run for its money

·
Banned
342 Posts
Wrong, this is a million times better than Rock/Austin. Both were already very real, human characters. But Mankind was the only wrestler so crazy that he made Undertaker look vulnerable. The only guy to ever have his number and take him to the limit. I cannot express how epic this feud was back in the day.

·
Premium Member
25,943 Posts
I knew exactly what video you were talking about before I even clicked the link and I have to agree with you.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Vince/Stone Cold and HHH/The Rock feuds were better. Stone Cold vs The Rock was just a dream match that happen at Wrestlemania.

·
Registered
13,167 Posts

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
We all know that was the best era in wrestling. We all know it so why do we have this insatiable need to review it every other week?

Love the vid though give me goosebumps. That being said I think WWE is turning the corner when it comes to its programing. The last few years have been 92, 93 and 94, I view this equal to 95. In the next couple years we could be looking at a pretty decent product again. I think it goes to show that the newer talent have all been smaller and more athletic. Hopefully we can get the workrate and match quality of 97-Benoit again soon.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts