Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something I wanna try(and sorta want others to try too,but don't know if I'll be allowed to tell people to do so on this site) is not going on this, or any non WWE owned wrestling site for the next week and see if my interest on what's going on in WWE increases,decreases, or stays the same.

Many times I come on this site after seeing some real great moments happening on Raw/SD and then when I see this forums reaction, it's ALWAYS:

1. ____ sucked
2. Raw rating was _____ cause it sucked
3. ____ isn't a draw
4. _____ attitude era _________ _____ ____ attitude era
5. PG __________ Cena ______ 14+

So something I'm gonna do, and I want some people on here to do too, is not to post(or even visit) this site, or any dirtsheet wrestling site either. Meaning the only way you get WWE related news is from wwe.com, twitter, facebook, wwe shows, or just not at all.

I'm gonna start before Raw starts this week and it'll last until the Monday before the following Raw.

It's not like I'm one of those "I'm leaving this site cause I hate people on this forum" type of things. Look at my post count/sig, that alone should tell people that I'm not a bandwagon fan or someone who cares about things like tv ratings/who's a face or heel and things like that.

·
"This is real..."
1,202 Posts
See you tomorrow.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^What a good 1000th post lol. I'll be here tomorrow cause this thing isn't starting until Monday....

But like I said, this isn't me quitting the site or just angrily pretending like me leaving will make any difference. It's really just an experiment to see if dirtsheets/wrestling forums impact opinions on WWE stuff. I'm not posting this just so that I'll be back before that week and pretend like nothing happened.

·
Jonathan Coachman
7,648 Posts
At the very least you'll be able to form your own opinions on all of the happenings during the week and you won't have the IWC influencing it. I always seem to enjoy RAW more when I'm not browsing the internet during it.

·
"This is real..."
1,202 Posts
^What a good 1000th post lol. I'll be here tomorrow cause this thing isn't starting until Monday....

But like I said, this isn't me quitting the site or just angrily pretending like me leaving will make any difference. It's really just an experiment to see if dirtsheets/wrestling forums impact opinions on WWE stuff. I'm not posting this just so that I'll be back before that week and pretend like nothing happened.
Posts don't count in Rants, dawg.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Ok sounds awesome(Y). I'm glad you decided to take that step but let me ask you this...

Where is my mother fucking rant!? Didn't see it following you anywhere..*looks around* ...nope still no rant. So did you leave it home or did it escaped to Mars to hide in that Marsian alien base I been talking about?

·
Friends Come And Go,Banners Hang Forever
25,686 Posts
you've made the same type of thread about the road to wrestlemania this year, the year before, and you probably made this thread as well in the general wwe section.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^Probably...meaning you aren't sure and don't have proof.

And I did make a thread for RTWM. It wasn't about completely ditching this site though. It was about not visiting dirtsheets, or reading any spoiler threads during RTWM season, it's something I did end up doing(both last year and this year) and many people as well I'm assuming did(since they've replied to the thread and said they'd do)

·
Premium Member
17,419 Posts
I do this with other things, mainly movies. I only just watched an Avengers trailer, and I'm seeing it tomorrow. In fact, Christopher Nolan explained in an interview he barely gives any details in his trailers as to not make the audience get their own preconceived notions of how the movie will unfold. He wants it to unfold as it would if they person had not a single clue what the movie was about. I totally agree with that.

But maybe you should narrow it down to just the WWE section, as rants won't spoil Cena winning.

Also, I can't go a day without Magic's signature.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^All I really do is post in WWE section anyways. And if I visit this forum, the main page will still show the most recent topic which will usually end up being some sort of bash thread for something, so might as well eliminate everything

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
This is not a heated debate. Why couldn't you just put this in any other section? :no:

Also I will keep posting random stuff before we get some heat over here..since someone has to make the entertainment around here:no:

Anyways:

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
It's a pretty neat idea, and GA has a point. You could always just collapse the WWE section. I don't do the whole watching the show and surfing the forum while watching it anymore, comps too slow and can't keep up with all the post that are happening.

·
Premium Member
17,419 Posts
^All I really do is post in WWE section anyways. And if I visit this forum, the main page will still show the most recent topic which will usually end up being some sort of bash thread for something, so might as well eliminate everything
I do, now, not look at the WWE section till after the show, and because of exactly what you said. Every bitch in the world is there. But I do enjoy coming onto WF otherwise. Late at night mostly, after some poetry and scotch. Like right now!

and this should go for a lot more than just movies or WWE crap. People are so easily influenced by other's opinions or advertising (which is why advertising is so important). I work at dominos and always advertise specials with "everyone else usually gets..." it's fucking insane how well that works! But in the end, all we will do is stop a bunch of stupid threads from being made. Better to hire a few extra mods for a week to delete everything.

·
Lose for Hughes!
3,802 Posts
I looked at your sig and seen Drew McIntyre and lost all respect for you even though I had none to begin with, you get the idea.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
A lot of threads are being moved/merged so the job is being done. I see nothing wrong with the WWE section besides the trolls.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts