Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kurt Angle stated in an interview at last night's Warrior premiere that he will defend the TNA World Heavyweight Championship against Sting and Mr. Anderson in a three-way match at this Sunday's No Surrender pay-per-view event.

Angle, who defends his strap against Anderson on tomorrow night's episode of IMPACT Wrestling, talked about potentially facing the winner of the Bound for Glory Series at next month's pay-per-view event.

"Our biggest event of the year is Bound for Glory in October. I am wrestling Sting and Mr. Anderson in a triple threat match at No Surrender this Sunday, but if I am to win, at Bound for Glory, whoever wins the Bound for Glory points tournament will be the number one contender for Bound for Glory," Angle told Crave Media. "I believe the final four is Robert Roode, Bully Ray, Gunner and James Storm. I know that they're looking for a big star to come out of there and I will wrestle that guy. Hopefully it’ll make him into a household name and a bigger star."

Angle also commented on who he sees as the future of TNA.

"There's a lot of young talent, homegrown talent at TNA that are coming up who are going to be the future of the company. Myself and Sting and Ric Flair will only be there so long and somebody else has to step up and carry the company, guys like A.J. Styles, Samoa Joe, Robert Roode and James Storm. So there are a lot of young talent that are going to take our place. That’s the way wrestling goes. It happens in the WWE, it’ll happen in Impact wrestling too."

We'll have free live coverage of TNA No Surrender this Sunday night at 8EST.
Source: Lordsofpain.net

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Angle defending the belt? After his DWI? I smell a title change. I'm calling Anderson to win it, and Bully Ray wins the BFG series to continue that feud. fpalm

·
Banned
7,973 Posts
This makes me think even more that we won't have to worry about Bully Ray winning the BFG series if Angle keeps the title after No Surrender. Ray will cost Anderson and Sting the match which will lead to Bully Ray vs Anderson at BFG.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Angle better retain.

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Angle defending the belt? After his DWI? I smell a title change. I'm calling Anderson to win it, and Bully Ray wins the BFG series to continue that feud. fpalm
You got it, Anderson news champion..

Bound for Glory series Roode over Gunner, Bully Ray over James Storm.. Bully Ray over Robert Roode with help by Gunner in the finals setting up 2 BFG matches

TNA World Title
Mr Anderson (c) vs Bully Ray

Robert Roode vs Gunner

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Jesus Christ, Anderson/Ray will be horrible if happens.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Yet no promotion ever happened and it wasn't alluded during the tapings?

Would be hilarious if he dropped the belt to Anderson who would then drop it to the BFG Series winner. Ken never gets any long reigns. Even though most cast members will be burned out, hopefully some fans might heckle Angle over his DUI. They gave him shit when he got arrested years ago.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Wait...the pay per view is this weekend?
Of course not, they announced the final 4 guys just because...

Kurt got owned backstage, I hate to say this but sting is probably going to win the title AGAIN.

Angle better retain the title. I don't want to see Bully Ray in the main-event of BFG and I have to say...I'm worried it might happen.
Wasn't everyone saying yesterday (or something like that) bully ray was the best heel in the business?

·
Premium Member
43,614 Posts
Angle's going to retain I think. They didn't change their plan the last time he got picked up drunk back in 2009, and they won't now. Granted, he didn't go into BFG with the strap, but again, that was obviously planned in advance.

·
Banned
7,973 Posts
Angle's going to retain I think. They didn't change their plan the last time he got picked up drunk back in 2009, and they won't now. Granted, he didn't go into BFG with the strap, but again, that was obviously planned in advance.
I doubt that. The way he acted in the interview seems to me like he wants whoever he's facing to go over and become the new face of TNA. You never know though with TNA's booking. Most signs are pointing to Roode winning this but it's also making me kind of nervous because It seems a little too obvious.

This is one time where I want TNA to go for the obvious decision instead of trying to be unpredictable.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
I wouldn't mind with anderson winning the title as long HE GETS A DECENT TITLE REIGN.
Angle vs Roode would also be great but fuck I don't want to see sting near the BFG main event.

·
Banned
7,973 Posts
I wouldn't mind with anderson winning the title as long HE GETS A DECENT TITLE REIGN.
Angle vs Roode would also be great but fuck I don't want to see sting near the BFG main event.
TNA seems to be incapable of making this guy look legit on a consistent basis. One week he's taking out all of immortal by himself and then the next week he's putting Bully Ray over and looking like a weakling. I swear being an Anderson/Mr.Kennedy fan is one of the most frustrating things ever. From his time in the WWE where he lost the briefcase to the time in TNA where he won the title but it was a Jeff Hardy Diva belt. Oh and let's not forget his title reign that lasted only one week.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Having a PPV on the opening Sunday of the NFL season with the Dallas Cowboys -vs- New York Jets as the Sunday Night game = don't waste time/money promoting it because no one is watching it.

Goldberg, my all time favorite, could come back and wrestle Brock Lesnar w/Paul Heyman as his manager and The Rock on color commentary Sunday night and I still wouldn't order the PPV because of the NFL.

·
Fear Me!
3,444 Posts
I just hope Angle retains the World Title at No Surrender. If Anderson wins, that could mean our main event for Bound For Glory would be Anderson vs. Ray. Angle vs. Roode sounds better for me, and I'd like to see Roode win the World Title over Ray. BTW, I think that whoever wins this Bound For Glory tournament will end up winning the title at Bound For Glory.

Sting won't win the World Title, because he's facing Hogan at Bound For Glory. I mean, at least I'd hope Sting vs. Hogan isn't for the title. :no:

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
I just hope Angle retains the World Title at No Surrender. If Anderson wins, that could mean our main event for Bound For Glory would be Anderson vs. Ray. Angle vs. Roode sounds better for me, and I'd like to see Roode win the World Title over Ray. BTW, I think that whoever wins this Bound For Glory tournament will end up winning the title at Bound For Glory.

Sting won't win the World Title, because he's facing Hogan at Bound For Glory. I mean, at least I'd hope Sting vs. Hogan isn't for the title. :no:
its not for the title because we have BFGS. so no, Sting isnt going to win. 100%

1 - 20 of 38 Posts