Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the show in Pittsburgh, PA last night and as per usual Justin Roberts was hyping up the crowd and let everyone know RAW would be going love soon and there would be pyro to open the show. Minutes later, the show opened with no pyro. I was just curious if this is the way it's going to be like going forward or Roberts was just doing his usual lines not knowing RAW would have a cold opening with HHH/Johnny talking in the back.

On a side note, there was still pyro for the superstars (Kane, Show, Kofi)

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
He was probably posting on here during the show.

:jordan3:barkley2 SEE WOT I DID THERE? :kobe3:krs

Anyway it's no big deal, Raw often has cold openings.

·
Banned
5,274 Posts
It's great live (I've been to one Raw show a few years ago), but it does nothing for me when I'm just watching on TV or my laptop. I'd rather they didn't have it at all and also cut out the double intro thing they do as well.

I understand they want to get viewers in the mood for what's about to follow, but I'm already sat down and waiting for my weekly wrestling fix. I'm in the mood already, fellas. Get the fuck on with it.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it's a small treat for the fans. Does it mean anything overall? No. But I think it should be done for the people in attendance.

You know what they do play have a lot of? They overplay clips until you have already seen 2-3 times. If you think they do it watching it on TV, that's all they do during commercial breaks.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
I think pyro is massively important, its another way to get the crowd psyched up and for us at home to get psyched up. I just think its a good exciting way to start the show and get people pumped. I think if they start cutting it just makes for an anti climatic beging especially after having it for so long, when they cut it its more noticeable.

The problem at the moment is RAW and Smackdown in general are very flat at the moment, mainly because of creative and booking, but when you start cutting corners like that it has a knock on effect on everything else.

I imagine its only a one off, and some kind of money saving technique seen as WWE realise everything on their show including feuds and Over the Limit at the moment is a filler until MITB and Summerslam.

·
Registered
791 Posts
They are trying to cut down on the cost. Dave Meltzer talked about this.

Del Rio has no pyro because of this.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They are trying to cut down on the cost. Dave Meltzer talked about this.

Del Rio has no pyro because of this.
A bit silly.

I guess only faces get pyro now. Sad to say but that makes perfect sense in today's WWE.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts