Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I reckon the Miz cashes MITB at the Royal Rumble and it backfires he gets beat or DQd somehow (maybe either Barrett, Cean or Orton intereferes). He then goes on and wins the Rumble! Igniting a feud!

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
See, if I were the champion, I'd give the dude cashing in a nice low blow and walk out with the title.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Didn't Punk cash it in last year and the bell rang but he didn't lose the contract shot cause he backed out of the match?

Though someone has to lose eventually and I think it should be Miz. When was the last time a meaningful heel cashed in MITB?

Of the 7 MITB cash ins, only 3 of them have been by guys who were heel before the cash in(2 from edge). Kane and Punk turned heel after their cash ins so 5/7 heels resulting from cash ins.

Which makes me think that when Miz cashes in, he'll more than likely looks because he'll be only the 2nd heel that people cared about before cashing in mitb to cash it in, so he should lose just so people make fun of him more.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
EDIT: Nevermind, I re-read the post.

·
Asuka
96,569 Posts
That would be stupid since they could just give the Royal Rumble win to somebody else, and push 2 people instead of 1. I hope the WWE isn't that retarded.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Not gonna happen. The Miz has been so carefully built up as a major player this year, MITB is the key for him to be a permanent main eventer, WWE aren't just gonna waste it like that. Besides, Royal Rumble are usually won by established main eventer nowadays, so it will most likely be won by guys like Orton, Cena, or even the returning Triple H. Even though i'd prefer if Royal Rumble will be won by upper-midcard guys who are ready to get elevated such as Kofi Kingston or John Morrison.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Not gonna happen. The Miz has been so carefully built up as a major player this year, MITB is the key for him to be a permanent main eventer, WWE aren't just gonna waste it like that. Besides, Royal Rumble are usually won by established main eventer nowadays, so it will most likely be won by guys like Orton, Cena, or even the returning Triple H. Even though i'd prefer if Royal Rumble will be won by upper-midcard guys who are ready to get elevated such as Kofi Kingston or John Morrison.
The RR USED to be the event where at the brink main eventers would win. I think Rey was the last person to win the RR who hadn't won a World Title prior, that was in '06.

Now MITB is for the at-the-brink main eventers.

If for no other reason, I want Miz to cash in successfully so I can see the IWC cry like the bitches they are after winning.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
The RR USED to be the event where at the brink main eventers would win. I think Rey was the last person to win the RR who hadn't won a World Title prior, that was in '06.
I know that, that's why i'm not sure next year's Rumble winner will be someone who's ready to get elevated because these past few years all the Rumble winners were established main eventers (Cena, Orton, Taker, etc). But, never say never, WWE lack any new stars in the main event at the moment, so this might force them to elevate more stars in the future, Royal Rumble will be a perfect time to do it. WWE had a chance with MITB back in July to give the briefcase to Kofi but they blew it by giving it to Kane instead, ugh.

·
BLUE IS BACK
9,773 Posts
i hope miz wins.. but then again, im not 100% sure if hes ready.. ah fuck it, let him win it, swagger won it so yeah

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I hope he loses.

Just for the fact he can go on a face run after this and get a serious build up and run to winning his first title properly, and it'll mean all that more in the end, even if does take longer.

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts

Now MITB is for the at-the-brink main eventers.

If for no other reason, I want Miz to cash in successfully so I can see the IWC cry like the bitches they are after winning.
That's definitely not going to happen. People are bitching now, but once Miz wins (if he does) those opposed will become non-existent for the most part. This is the IWC, you know better.

But if he loses, it will be a collective uproar in here. The same kind of uproar Cole and Riley will have if Miz does successfully cash-in.

·
I GOT ALOT LEFT IN THE TANK
4,541 Posts
If they don't think he's capable of winning the title. Why the heck would they think he's capable of maineventing Wrestlemania. This would completely waste the briefcase and the rumble. If Miz loses his cash in, he's not winning the Rumble this year.

·
Banned
542 Posts
WWE better have him cash in soon because theres not much left of that briefcase the way he uses it on people.

But the idea of having Miz be the first one to cash in and lose would be a very funny one. I would love to see that.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
I reckon the Miz cashes MITB at the Royal Rumble and it backfires he gets beat or DQd somehow (maybe either Barrett, Cean or Orton intereferes). He then goes on and wins the Rumble! Igniting a feud!
While it shouldn't be Miz (a heel) I do agree with the basic idea. I posted a similar thing before the MITB PPV, the only difference is that I built it around Christian (a face) as the holder and used Drew MacIntyre as the guy who would cost him. That feud would've kept him busy for a few months before the Rumble push began.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
WWE better have him cash in soon because theres not much left of that briefcase the way he uses it on people.
I don't think he should cash in soon because Cena and Orton, two main babyfaces, are still busy with Nexus, The Miz will get pushed aside to give a room for them if he becomes champion soon and i don't want that to happen. If The Miz becomes champion, i want him to get all the spotlights, not playing a second fiddle to other main eventers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts