Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I think everybody agrees with me, no cena, no cm punk , no orton, this 3 guys made the wwe, and at that time was the best time to watch wrestling, now is so boring

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
People will say this all the time. Doesn't matter if it's WWE or Sports, people will always be like "there'll never be another ___ bigger than ___"

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
I think Cena will be looked back on as just as big.

I don't wanna go all Michael Cole on you but he evokes as much of a reaction anyway.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
well I think everybody agrees with me, no cena, no cm punk , no orton, this 3 guys made the wwe, and at that time was the best time to watch wrestling, now is so boring
Before 1997, no one could have predicated stars like Rock or Austin, and before Hogan no one could have predicted Hogan. They each represented unprecedented change in the industry. So, how would we even see stars like that ahead of time? Just like if I say Dolph Ziggler or Dean Ambrose will be amazing, by definition it means they won't be able to be like Rock/Austin/Hogan. We need to be shocked again, like the nWo shocked us. You can perfectly copy a previous gimmick or storyline, and we'll never appreciate it like we did the first time. CHANGE is what will be popular, or at least a specific wrestler or wrestlers who aren't like anyone before them.

So, we could definitely have a star like Rock or Austin again. We just won't see it coming. If any of us could actually see it coming, we'd be better than the WWE writers.

·
Still searching
4,391 Posts
Before 1997, no one could have predicated stars like Rock or Austin, and before Hogan no one could have predicted Hogan. They each represented unprecedented change in the industry. So, how would we even see stars like that ahead of time? Just like if I say Dolph Ziggler or Dean Ambrose will be amazing, by definition it means they won't be able to be like Rock/Austin/Hogan. We need to be shocked again, like the nWo shocked us. You can perfectly copy a previous gimmick or storyline, and we'll never appreciate it like we did the first time. CHANGE is what will be popular, or at least a specific wrestler or wrestlers who aren't like anyone before them.

So, we could definitely have a star like Rock or Austin again. We just won't see it coming. If any of us could actually see it coming, we'd be better than the WWE writers.
You make that sound harder than it is.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Maybe not quite on their level but the Undertaker has been somewhat of a Star for 20 years now. Didn't people get fed up with Hogan for a while? Doesn't everyone hate him now?
Between his face run in WWE, putting WCW on the map in 1993, and then the nWo being the most popular storyline ever, I'd say Hogan is right up there with Austin or above Austin.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
You make that sound harder than it is.
Considering all the guys here who want WWE to NOT promote John Cena and make money off of his legion of fans, yeah, I'd say the writers know more than the IWC does.

Unless they don't think Dean Ambrose is the future of professional wrestling. Cuz he is.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
you have to understand that there is a reason why Hogan is tatooed in our hearts and minds.. and more importantly, why Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock are unequaled to us fans..

Hogan WAS the WWF brand.. and then he did the near impossible by ushering in a 2nd Wrestling Boom to the point that the company he carried almost went out of business!

.. that was until Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock captured everyone's hearts and imaginations

these 2 icons didn't wrestle in the WWF when it was cool or when it was the only game in town.. no no no no NO

SCSA and The Rock wrestled in a time that nobody even wanted to be in the WWF and not only flourished but because of their personalities and charismas resurrected a company on its deathbed to heights it has never even imagined

The Attitude Era is what made it possible for Vince McMahon to go public.. it turned the shady wrestling business from what it was into a BILLION DOLLAR BRAND! All because of the appeal and power of Austin and Rock..

there's also a reason everything has gone downhill since then and Cena, CM Punk, etc cannot even touch their popularities..

Hogan. Austin. Rock.. truly, admittedly, arguably.. no one will ever be bigger

the WWE will grow.. in fact I've gone on record saying that the past few years culminating with The Rock's last hurrah which we are all witnessing now is all set up for the eventual launch of the WWEN aka the WWE Network which will become VKM's biggest cashflow and ultimate legacy

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Considering all the guys here who want WWE to NOT promote John Cena and make money off of his legion of fans, yeah, I'd say the writers know more than the IWC does.

Unless they don't think Dean Ambrose is the future of professional wrestling. Cuz he is.
yeah that's why the new head writer was Warner Brothers Executive and every other writer knows nothing about professional wrestling

1 - 12 of 12 Posts