Wrestling Forum banner

No more super face Hogan or Cena!!!

2954 Views 65 Replies 25 Participants Last post by  Drago
We've had superhero faces like Hogan and Cena for 30 years now. It's time to put an end to the superman gimmicks. No one can stand it or wants to see that anymore. What does Vince McMahon not understand about this? I don't want to see Roman Reigns as the next superhero babyface. I feel like Roman is just fucking better off as a face and heel constant turn than super face for the rest of his life. I can't stand it. We don't need a third Hulk Hogan!
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

· Registered
5,957 Posts
first of all stop talking about Hogan, nobody care about that old bastard.
and if Cena is so bad as you say how come he continues to be the biggest cash cow in WWE? this is a business and in 12 years not one star has been able to outperform Cena in ratings or Merchandise.

accept that, period.

· Banned
643 Posts
The biggest drawing cards of the last 20 years have been booked as dominant faces. How else would you establish a winner? It's a proven formula. Jesus wept, what would have you wanted in the Attitude era, Austin winning one week, then jobbing to Dean Malenko the next?

"We don't need a 3rd Hogan?" - If Vince had another Hulk Hogan coming up, WWE's worries would mostly fade away.

· Premium Member
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The biggest drawing cards of the last 20 years have been booked as dominant faces. How else would you establish a winner? It's a proven formula. Jesus wept, what would have you wanted in the Attitude era, Austin winning one week, then jobbing to Dean Malenko the next?

"We don't need a 3rd Hogan?" - If Vince had another Hulk Hogan coming up, WWE's worries would mostly fade away.
Lol the difference between Austin and hogan and Cena is that Austin have had heel turns here and there. Hogan and Cena just happen to be the two whose never turned heel for 10+ years (minus hogan joining the nwo). So if you think wwe can stuff anymore hulk hogans with Roman reigns, then you'll find out why superman gimmicks have gotten stale and need to be a thing of the past permanently. What is this? The 1980s?!

· Banned
643 Posts
Lol the difference between Austin and hogan and Cena is that Austin have had heel turns here and there. Hogan and Cena just happen to be the two whose never turned heel for 10+ years (minus hogan joining the nwo). So if you think wwe can stuff anymore hulk hogans with Roman reigns, then you'll find out why superman gimmicks have gotten stale and need to be a thing of the past permanently. What is this? The 1980s?!
During Austin's big run on top, he was booked as a dominant face. He never lost clean.

1980's? Well, Cena has done well for himself and the company during the last decade. It's safe to say that his "superman gimmick" was a success.

· Registered
8,568 Posts
So you want even steven booking, and Daniel Bryan type underdog stories. It's never going to work. That's boring and the main audience doesn't want to see that. How are you going to determine who the "best" or who is "unbeatable" when everybody trades wins and losses with each other? That's stupid and the WWE would have a hard time creating stars. It's not always about work rate because in the end, it doesn't matter. Can you imagination if they gave the Undertaker in his early days even steven booking? What about Hogan, Warrior, HBK during his face run in 95, Austin, Rock even steven booking? It would never work.

· Registered
15,656 Posts
Who and Cena?
:troll

Seriously though I agree, and while we're at it, how about a non chickenshit heel or two thanks.

· Premium Member
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So you want even steven booking, and Daniel Bryan type underdog stories. It's never going to work. That's boring and the main audience doesn't want to see that. How are you going to determine who the "best" or who is "unbeatable" when everybody trades wins and losses with each other? That's stupid and the WWE would have a hard time creating stars. It's not always about work rate because in the end, it doesn't matter. Can you imagination if they gave the Undertaker in his early days even steven booking? What about Hogan, Warrior, HBK during his face run in 95, Austin, Rock even steven booking? It would never work.
So what's it like to keep the top underdogs as baby faces forever then and never turn heel? You think that's refreshing to either of their characters? You're saying its a good idea to keep someone like reigns as face as the same amount of time they kept Cena has a face? No thanks, I take a Roman occasional heel turn than him being a super face for the rest of his life any day.

· Registered
1,525 Posts
Vince will make Reigns new face of the company no matter what, just to prove the point that his choices are perfect and he doesn't make mistakes.

Pushing Roman down the card would be admitting that he is failed experiment, and Vince will never admit this. Never.

Even if RAW ratings plummet to 2.0s, Vince won't admit he made mistake and will push Roman even harder.
He will let him break the records like the most world titles, year+ title reigns, the most Rumble wins, the most eliminations etc. etc.
He will keep him on top just to prove his point. And 15 years from now there will be talk how Roman was the only one who grabbed that brass ring and how guys like Ambrose or Wyatt just weren't good enough to reach the absolute top.

Just like he can't admit Sheamus is a flop. They try time, after time, after time to make him relevant and he fails.
But after finishing his career he will be talked about how he is one of the legends etc. and will be in the Hall of Fame. They won't admit he was failed experiment.

That's how WWE works, we have to deal with it.

· Registered
5,379 Posts
I think era of "Babyfaces" should die, and bring in the era of "Anti-Heros".

Like Ryback was a face, and every face was always trying to act like freaking Cena. Then backstage Ryback jumped Big Show, I was jumping out of my seat, cause I was like dam, that is my type of face!

Ryback make him a bully against mean people

Ambrose make him an unstable'r version of the Rattlesnake

Cesaro make him the 007 of faces, which is very selfish type, not trying to suck everyone's ass and basically begging people to like him.

Roman make him the more bad-ass version of Rock.

Seth, face turn against HHH, make him a rogue wrestler, hell let him run a faction.

· Registered
4,256 Posts
So what's it like to keep the top underdogs as baby faces forever then and never turn heel? You think that's refreshing to either of their characters? You're saying its a good idea to keep someone like reigns as face as the same amount of time they kept Cena has a face? No thanks, I take a Roman occasional heel turn than him being a super face for the rest of his life any day.
Do you have a fucken crystal ball? Who is to say Roman will steamroll his opponents for 10+ years.John Cena situation is kinda unique and will likely not repeat itself. Roman could fade aaway in 2 years/turn heel/ be a 1b to another 1a/quits ect.. Stop projecting yourself that far bro.

Reactions: cm dunk

· Registered
3,847 Posts
I think era of "Babyfaces" should die, and bring in the era of "Anti-Heros".

Like Ryback was a face, and every face was always trying to act like freaking Cena. Then backstage Ryback jumped Big Show, I was jumping out of my seat, cause I was like dam, that is my type of face!

Ryback make him a bully against mean people

Ambrose make him an unstable'r version of the Rattlesnake

Cesaro make him the 007 of faces, which is very selfish type, not trying to suck everyone's ass and basically begging people to like him.

Roman make him the more bad-ass version of Rock.

Seth, face turn against HHH, make him a rogue wrestler, hell let him run a faction.
"You can't make chicken salad with chickenshit" Steve Austin

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.