Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering that MITB has it's own 1st active PPV already (where the Miz won). MITB was originally created at Wrestlemania 21 where Edge as the first superstar to win the briefcase.

What do you think guys? There will be MITB this Wrestlemania or not?

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
I'm hoping it's not and it's just a PPV.

The problem I have with it is that it leaves for lots of lazy booking whereas you can use the match to sell you on the one PPV (I would always wants to see MITB PPV and would make the extra effort to see it).

For example, pictures a booking meeting

Guy: What are we going to do with Kofi Kingston for Wrestlemania? We can have him feud with CM Punk, John MOrrison, or R Truth
Guy 2: Screw that. Just throw them all in a Money in the Bank match. That will be acceptable.

And since there is a MITB, there is no "natural" feud that would lead to a ladder match (like Dudleys vs Hardyz vs Edge and Christian and Shawn Michaels vs razor Ramon).

Some feuds that be hyped really good with a ladder match but MITB doesn't allow it at Wrestlemania.

So I hope that there is no MITB at WM 27 and we start just having it on its own PPV.

·
Registered
451 Posts
It has been said that if the PPV didn't get a good buyrate, they would go back to using it at Wrestlemania. The buyrate is 189,000 buys which is pretty good, but yeah MiTB is always fun at WM and is a good way to get everyone at the card.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I agree with Jimboystar24,

MiTB match at Wrestlemania just lumps great wrestlers into one match and doesn't give us ( the fans ) the option of seeing some truly epic wrestlemania style matches we could be getting. And its overkill.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I think it should be at Wrestlemania, but I think it should just be 6 guys in the match like it use to be. 8 guys is pushing it and 10 was WAAAAAAY too many last year. It became too cluttered. 6 guys was a good balance though and you just neet to have the right guys in the match, I think.

·
i ain't got no type
1,490 Posts
I think they should solemnly have it at Mania...Get rid of that horrid ass MITB pay per view shit.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I was getting sick of it being a Wrestlemania gimmick match anyways.
I think that's the problem is they started promoting it simply as a gimmick match. The first 2 or 3 times they had it, you could tell it was something big and something important to be a part of. then by the 4th year, it just seemed to be whatever. and the way they have been just throwing the entire midcard section into the match is something that is turning people off, I think.

1. Promote it as something important
2. build up the participants well

do those two things, and the match will be awesome and less of a gimmick.

·
Registered
13,167 Posts
MITB in general has run its course but if it is going to stay, get rid of the PPV and have it at Wrestlemania. One briefcase a year.

Reactions: BambiKiller

·
Blaze is Elite
2,874 Posts
If not a Money in the Bank match have some kind of ladder match I mean come on I'm gonna be there I wanna see a damn good ladder match rather its MITB...A Ladder Match or a TLC Match I just want something good and worth something you know.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
MITB is getting really stale, it was a fun concept at first but now it's just getting tiring. If the WWE wants to keep doing it than do a MITB match every 2-3 years so it doesn't get stale.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
The Money in the Bank PPV was actually pretty darn good. I actually watched it this weekend and I was amazed. They should keep doing a MITB match at Wrestlemania but if it goes away then that will hurt the WM PPV.

·
@CMSean23
2,059 Posts
They need to have it at Mania, or don't have it at all. The MITB ppv was stupid, and nowhere near as special as having it at Mania. Mania made it feel alot more important tbh.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'm hoping it's not and it's just a PPV.

The problem I have with it is that it leaves for lots of lazy booking whereas you can use the match to sell you on the one PPV (I would always wants to see MITB PPV and would make the extra effort to see it).

For example, pictures a booking meeting

Guy: What are we going to do with Kofi Kingston for Wrestlemania? We can have him feud with CM Punk, John MOrrison, or R Truth
Guy 2: Screw that. Just throw them all in a Money in the Bank match. That will be acceptable.

And since there is a MITB, there is no "natural" feud that would lead to a ladder match (like Dudleys vs Hardyz vs Edge and Christian and Shawn Michaels vs razor Ramon).

Some feuds that be hyped really good with a ladder match but MITB doesn't allow it at Wrestlemania.

So I hope that there is no MITB at WM 27 and we start just having it on its own PPV.
I completely disagree. I find a Koffi Kingston/CM Punk (much like the Kingston/Orton) matchup to be EXTREMELY boring and pointless. The MITB makes a match with all these mid to upper cards waaay more interesting. I don't see the problem with MITB being its existence as much as its implementation when the winner cashes in. Last week's raw was an AWESOME (no pun intended) implementation. The WWE needs to find a way to continue to outdo themselves in that department.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
To be fair the only reason I saw it there in the first place was to give people a pay day that wouldn't get one at Mania any other way... A load of midcarders want to be at Mania, throw them together in a Ladder Match... Yeah pretty lazy but it's something that at least gave them something to do at least.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
have it at Wrestlemania. It's the only PPV I watch live with mates and it's great for drinking games.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Personally i think removing it from Mania would be the worst thing they could do. People saying you would get more matches are not really talking reality. The MITB match takes up just as much time as a singles match. It is more of a spotfest then anything these days. But it gives a chance to a lot of wrestlers to have a match at Mania that they would not normally have. It would be replaced by another 1 on 1 match. The card needs something like it as most of the time it is entertaining. It then also opens up the door to a lot of good story outcomes. People like Jack Swagger and Miz would not become champion without MITB concept. Those guys are never going to headline a title match at Wrestlemania. It gives them chances to do well at other events.

So i am all for it. I would much rather watch that then another bunch of pretty ordinary 1 on 1 matches like last year.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts