Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think its time they stopped these Four Way matches because they are just boring and not well done IMO.

The few on Impact over the last couple of months have been okish, but last night at VR, dear lord, it was pathetic.

I would rather of had the Tag Title match as the main event, aTleast BMI and MCMG can work and put on a match.

Hell, even Kaz and AJ Vs Joe and Terry was more entertaining.

Putting four people in a match, espceilly a lackluster RVD and a slow Abyss is just asking for trouble. It should have just been RVD Vs whoever.

Do you think they should cut back on four way matches or just book better workers/wrestlers?

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
TNA just books bad no matter what match they book. They can't even book a normal singles match well at times.

·
Banned
420 Posts
Well look who they booked in it.
RVD-Champion I know but he is average in the ring at best these days.
Jeff Hardy-Can still go but he cant carry 3 people to a great match.
Mr. Anderson-Ok in the ring but nothing special.
Abyss-Awful except for power moves and people wanted to see a spot fest on this one.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I think its time they stopped these Four Way matches because they are just boring and not well done IMO.

The few on Impact over the last couple of months have been okish, but last night at VR, dear lord, it was pathetic.

I would rather of had the Tag Title match as the main event, aTleast BMI and MCMG can work and put on a match.

Hell, even Kaz and AJ Vs Joe and Terry was more entertaining.

Putting four people in a match, espceilly a lackluster RVD and a slow Abyss is just asking for trouble. It should have just been RVD Vs whoever.

Do you think they should cut back on four way matches or just book better workers/wrestlers?
just book better workers/wrestlers

The ME was not all that bad, but it was nowhere close to being MOTN. The other matches were just so great, and I think everyone was expecting "They" to reveal themselves.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
The problem with TNA's four ways are that they are never given time to breath. I think a four way match should always be no less then 20 minutes and should not always be over booked. The fact that there are four men in the ring all fighting for one title IS THE DRAMA. Nothing else really needs to be added to it. TNA devaules the 4 ways not only by the gimmicks they put in place, but who they put in the ring. If this was Wolfe, Kaz, Joe, Lethal doing a 4 way for the Global title then that would be cool. But putting bum workers in the match brings it down.

·
Registered
340 Posts
It was better than I thought it'd be for a few reasons:

- No interference from "They"/ECW - I hate when the match is just ended by outside interference that makes no sense. Also, Abyss winning in this way would have been stupid.
- Abyss didn't try to use his "weapon" - As I said in the discussion topic, that weapon is stupid because no one can actually take a shot from it. Even if the tips are dulled off, you have a heavy board with long, thin metal sticks in it; someone will die if they get hit.
- RVD wasn't doing typical RVD schtick - I bought Sacrifice because I wanted to see RVD's first PPV title defense. For the most part of the long match, he did nothing but taunt. It wasn't entertaining at all. I ordered Slammiversary, and it wasn't much better. RVD just doesn't work as TNA champ, but at least last night, he looked better than usual.
- Not much clutter - I hate multi-man matches because before long they are reduced to Guy A hitting a move on Guy B, Guy A turns into a move from Guy C, then Guy C gets leveled by Guy D. This happens WAY too much. Last night kept it to a minimum.

I hated how short the match was. When I was sure RVD was going to need an ambulance after that sick bump against the ramp, he hits a 5-Star and the match is over. Then, Anderson and Hardy leave, so Abyss is alone with RVD. I expected SOMETHING to happen, but nothing did other than Abyss generating dead air.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,966 Posts
When has a four-way match ever been good?

I tried to explain this to the TNA-Listers predicting a 4*+ match because of the 'star power'.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
four matches are cool but you have to have the right people in the match to make it work. not just star names alone but guys that really no how to work with each other. in this particular case, my gripe with tna is not with the four match itself. its with the non chalant slap in th face to the rankings system. a four match demeans the ranking system. and the #1 guy should feel very upset and sligheted because the he had to make it to the top and the other guys at two and thress also get a title shot and in the same match as me no less. why have the ranking system if you only have to make it to the second or third spot to get a shot? maybe next time they'll do a triple threat with the champion, contender one and two.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts