Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else hate the fact that you can win a cage match by just going through the door. We get the same spot everytime. A wrestler can obviously just go right out the door, yet he meticulously crawls inch by inch to the door, just to be dragged back in by his opponent.

Even as a kid I remember watching AE cage matches and each wrestler would have about 10 opportunities a match where they could just blatantly walk through the door and win, yet they try to climb out which takes about 5x as long. Your supposed to be persuading me that these 2 guys ACTUALLY want to win the match. When a 6 year old kid can say "Why doesn't he just go out the door it would take 2 seconds", something isn't right.

Just have the only way to win, escape by climbing out the cage. We've seen the door spot a million times and it just isn't convincing that the wrestlers even want to win the match considering how many opportunities they actually have to just walk out the door.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Yeah it's the most stupid fucking thing. I swear they used to never use the door? Only seems like the last few years the door has been a more dominant aspect of the match. To be honest I like the idea of escape the cage only, no door of course. Adds to the brutal, kayfabe atmosphere. The only way you can win is by beating your opponent so bad that they cant prevent you escaping.

·
100% Straight Fire
2,692 Posts
It is utterly stupid. All too easy to wait until one guy's climbing the cage and walk out the door.

I don't think it should be win-by-escape at all, ever. The point of a cage match is to keep the action in the ring in serious feuds, one guy running away is never going to solve anything.

·
Banned
12,539 Posts
Personally, I hate the fact you can win by pin or submission in a cage match.

The whole objective of a cage match should be to ESCAPE the cage. I don't mind the idea of the door (obviously it'd be how the superstars get in) but it should be LOCKED the entire match, it shouldn't be allowed open at all if a superstar wants to escape, they should have to escape the cage by climbing over the top.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well logically they can have to use the door to get in, same way they can use it to get out. its fine imo.
Well obviously the cage needs a door to get in. But i mean it should be locked after the match starts and shouldn't be a way to win.

·
100% Straight Fire
2,692 Posts
The cage doesn't even physically need a door to be fair. Guys get in the ring, doorless cage lowers over the ring, problem solved.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
No door and higher cage so wrestlers don't have to go painfully slow up it. Get rid of pins also. x3

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I don't like the door. I really like cage matches as well but I find you do have to suspend your disbelief more than normal.

I think that the HIAC should be the same. Introduce the Wrestlers then lower a huge cage with no door. Then if you got out, you would have earned it.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I get why it's there, but it's stupid. It usually isn't a problem until they do the whole 'face can escape but chooses not to' spot. That just makes people look silly.

·
100% Straight Fire
2,692 Posts
I get why it's there, but it's stupid. It usually isn't a problem until they do the whole 'face can escape but chooses not to' spot. That just makes people look silly.
They even did that when the door wasn't used though. See: Jeff Hardy's highly intelligent Swanton Bomb through a table with no one on it at Survivor Series 2001.

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts
The door should be locked. It seems rather silly to go to the effort of climbing over and out when you can just ask for the door to be opened. That should be something they do at the start of every cage match. Padlock the door.

·
Banned
12,539 Posts
There needs to be a difference between Cage and HIAC matches.... the door is the only thing that makes it different.
Well they are both completely dfferent in every way except the fact they are made out of the same thing.

But I agree with the fact that it feels like no differece. I mean what IS the difference between a Hell in a Cell match and a cage match these days? Usually it ends with a pin inside the ring.

Hell in a Cell matches used to be brutal, break outside the cage, blood, climb on top of the cell etc. now it feels like a normal match within an enlarged cell.

Cage matches used to be entertaining, you'd get spots from the top of the cage etc. nowadays you hardly get anyone climbing to try and leave, they tend to both sit on top, throw a few punches then one climbs down and the other follows.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts