Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this has nothing to do with the RAW guest hosts.

But TNA (since it's beginning) used to have many celebrities on the show.

We have seen Chris Rock, Reality TV stars like Jenna Morasca, a BUNCH of NFL player (brian urlacher, the tenesse titans) NASCAR drivers, Mark Cuban, Country and Hip Hop singers, a BUNCH of Baseball Players (AJ Pierzinsky, johnny damon, david eickstein..) Dennis Rodman, etc...

I mean they put a TNA belt on pacman jones when he could not even legally wrestle... The Truth had to wrestle all the time. Ridiculous.

I haven't seen any celebrity in TNA for a while now and I'm glad of it.

Okay, there was Bubba the love sponge but that's a different story.

Hope they will never do that again.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Celebrities have no place in wrestling, and I'm glad TNA has stopped.

Pac Man Jones, David Arquette, Dennis Rodman, Donald Trump, guest hosts, Floyd Mayweather... Unless they actually want to become full-time professional wrestlers and they don't suck at it, keep them the fuck off of my television.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jenna Morasca, Pacman Jones, Hermie sadler at the announce table, Juan Pablo Montoya and Bubba the love sponge were all pretty recent events. Far from the NWA/Asylum days.

·
GIANTS
2,647 Posts
Like someone said, celebrities aren't meant to be a part of wrestling. They can watch from the stands, but they should never step into the wrestling ring for any reason.

Pacman Jones helped very little, and they put an 'f'n belt on him....even though Jarrett did have an interview on ESPN because of it!

Celebrities=Meant to act in movies
Wrestlers=Meant to act in wrestling promos, and perform in ring

·
Registered
990 Posts
As long as they're kept out of the ring, I personally don't have a problem with it especially if the celebrity is an actor in which case they can be effectively used as authority figures etc.

·
Lynskey Lover
774 Posts
Yeah, Celebrities are fine, when used right. I mean they've had Mayweather & Hatton actually work, because in rel life, they are believable tough men, who can knock people out.
It's when they put people in there just to be an actor playing a wrestler, like Seth Green, they have no role other than to be totally, 100% destroyed.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Yeah who needs people bigger than your product endorsing your show.
theres a difference between bigging up a product and having celebrities show up in wrestling products.

Having celebrities on the product is just horrible, they are just used so terribly most of the time. Its like when singers show up in movies, it rarely works.

Want celebs to endorse your product? Just have them show up and sit in the crowd to give the show credibility rather than giving them mic time or god forbid a match to work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts