Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am tired of people using "5 Moves of Doom" to bash Cena or other top wrestlers. Thread after thread somebody has to throw that out there.

EVERY top wrestler EVER has a series of moves that leads to their finisher and even CM Punk seems to have 5 moves now s give it a rest. I had to vent not cause I'm a Cena mark, but because its a tired argument to discuss which wrestlers are better than others or what impact a wrestler has.

Can ANYONE name a top wrestler that hasn't had one????

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
I am tired of people using "5 Moves of Doom" to bash Cena or other top wrestlers. Thread after thread somebody has to throw that out there.

EVERY top wrestler EVER has a series of moves that leads to their finisher and even CM Punk seems to have 5 moves now s give it a rest. I had to vent not cause I'm a Cena mark, but because its a tired argument to discuss which wrestlers are better than others or what impact a wrestler has.

Can ANYONE name a top wrestler that hasn't had one????
People don't have a problem with the five moves of doom, they have a problem when the entire sequence is repeated identically in virtually every match with no variation. A finishing sequence is an important aspect of storytelling. We also know that Cena is capable of mixing it up when he really wants to, so the formulaic nature of his television matches and most of his PPV matches is even more disappointing.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
I dont think they have a problem with wrestlers having 5 moves of doom. It just gets very old seeing Cena doing it over and over again.

Ironically enough, HBK and Bret Hart were the ones that started doing it.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Can anyone tell me which moves of Cena are included in this "5 moves of doom" term? And when was the last time Cena did these 5 moves to end a PPV match?

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Every wrestler has 1-5 moves of doom, even the Undertaker. The most iconic wrestler in Hulk Hogan, had arguably only 3 moves of doom

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Can anyone tell me which moves of Cena are included in this "5 moves of doom" term? And when was the last time Cena did these 5 moves to end a PPV match?
Shoulder block, shoulder block, duck punch into spin-out powerbomb, You Can't See Me/Five Knuckle Shuffle, Attitude Adjustment, STF.

In case you need a reminder:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Shoulder block, shoulder block, duck punch into spin-out powerbomb, You Can't See Me/Five Knuckle Shuffle, Attitude Adjustment, STF.
Thanks for the info.

Now my question (to Cena haters of course) is, how many times he did these 5 moves(in sequence)in the last three years, to end a main event PPV match?

I know the term "SuperCena" is going to pop in any following post now, so to them my question is, what is your rationale for calling him "SuperCena"? I mean he has only won 7 out of 15 last PPV matches he has been in and only 3 of them where singles match.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
It's more noticeable against 'lesser' superstars because he doesn't perform like he would against a main eventer.

Against CM Punk both guys controlled the match at different points. However if it was say a midcarder, that person would pretty much carry him until the 5 moves of doom.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts