Wrestling Forum banner

No matter how hard he tries, I still can't take Miz seriously.

7417 Views 87 Replies 57 Participants Last post by  The Jizz
Don't get me wrong, I like the guy. I think he's charismatic as hell... But he doesn't look like a threat to anybody. Like, I could never buy The Miz going over somebody like Triple H or John Cena.
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

· Registered
2,383 Posts
People love to see 2 wrestlers who are of equal standing have a match at the biggest show of the year. Miz being made to look like a chump helps no one. This is of course not any fault of The Miz whatsoever. All the blame lies with creative.

· Registered
4,651 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I like the guy. I think he's charismatic as hell... But he doesn't look like a threat to anybody. Like, I could never buy The Miz going over somebody like Triple H or John Cena.
Did you take this guy seriously?

· Banned
4,446 Posts
He's not a chump. He's the guy kicking Cena's ass every week.

· Registered
2,362 Posts
Are you kidding me? How long have you been watching wrestling? The champion you can't take seriously has been a staple of wrestling FOREVER. It's a classic archetype, people love to hate guys who get things they don't deserve.
I have to say I'm struggling to think of someone fitting this description holding the WWE title, however. If you mean the sneaky/cowardly cheating character, then thats fair enough.

I just hope that Miz is going to be protected at Mania and not utterly humiliated by Cena and The Rock.

· Registered
2,383 Posts
He's not a chump. He's the guy kicking Cena's ass every week.
I meant that he has been booked weak through most of his reign. Do you think kayfabe wise Miz stands a chance against supercena? He will surely get the upper hand on Rock or Cena or both next week too. He will still be considered a weak opponent for Cena going into WM.

· Registered
587 Posts
I meant that he has been booked weak through most of his reign. Do you think kayfabe wise Miz stands a chance against supercena? He will surely get the upper hand on Rock or Cena or both next week too. He will still be considered a weak opponent for Cena going into WM.
Edge built a career on being booked as a weak champion , it works.

'ultimate opportunist' is a synonym for being a weak champion.

The problem with Miz in my view is that he doesnt convey anger well, thats different to being a heel champ who wins cheap.

He doesnt sell the promo that well, he tried, last night, and indeed last week, he was streets ahead of Cena in his promo work, he has the right words, he even has the right view on how to deliver, but his execution is a bit lacking.

Last night it was a good job they booked the run in, I think had Raw ended on Cenas very, very poor effort he'd be in real trouble, as it is, Miz is the talking point instead.

If anything comes out of Rock/Austin being involved in wwe for a while, I hope its that guys like Miz, Morrison and Zigler get some decent training on how to work a crowd in a promo, all three have what it takes if they could learn that, and two of the best are right there to learn from I would hope.

· Registered
10,918 Posts
THAT'S.

THE.

POINT.

You're not SUPPOSED to take him seriously, why does nobody understand this?
I don't know bout him but when I say I can't take him seriously, I don't mean the way in which he wins matches. I mean I can't even take him seriously as a cocky, cheating heel. He doesn't come off as believable.

And after Cena gave a SCF to Cena 2 consecutive weeks and said what he had to say about The Rock are you seriously saying we're not supposed to take him seriously?

WWE gives him the material to work with but it's just poorly executed. Also his silly facial expressions don't help either. I swear to God he was gonna lick that camera last night. The huffing and puffing comes off as downright generic and for the most part The Miz is just a generic looking guy. There's nothing unique about him and he doens't stand out from the rest.

An example of the "You're not supposed to take him seriously" role is Edge. He played it to perfection in 06-7.

· Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,845 Posts
I take him much more seriously now. He took out Cena, ate Cena's breakfast and brunch and lunch AND dinner on the mic, and hit him with an Awesome Elbow. He's done the only thing I cared about in relation to the main event match at Wrestlemania.

I might have been wrong about the guy. I'm going to give him a chance and I hope he retains.

· Registered
2,383 Posts
Edge built a career on being booked as a weak champion , it works.

'ultimate opportunist' is a synonym for being a weak champion.

The problem with Miz in my view is that he doesnt convey anger well, thats different to being a heel champ who wins cheap.

He doesnt sell the promo that well, he tried, last night, and indeed last week, he was streets ahead of Cena in his promo work, he has the right words, he even has the right view on how to deliver, but his execution is a bit lacking.

Last night it was a good job they booked the run in, I think had Raw ended on Cenas very, very poor effort he'd be in real trouble, as it is, Miz is the talking point instead.

If anything comes out of Rock/Austin being involved in wwe for a while, I hope its that guys like Miz, Morrison and Zigler get some decent training on how to work a crowd in a promo, all three have what it takes if they could learn that, and two of the best are right there to learn from I would hope.
Edge is booked as an opportunist who takes advantage when his opponents are at their weakest. The gimmick never made him look weak. He came off as a smart heel who waited for the right time to strike. A weak champion would be someone who struggles to take out a 61 year old commentator.

Also I think Miz doesn't have problems delivering promos. Its just that he has a goofy look sometimes and his seriousness doesn't come across as well as it should.

· Registered
1,467 Posts
interesting to see how they take him now that riley has been "fired". he looked very strong indeed. if creative don't have the guts to let him retain at the grandest stage of them all, i applaud them for at least giving the miz some momentum. he looked really strong and this match is starting to get the hype ingredients it needs.

· Premium Member
753 Posts
Personally I think he's a very good champ. He's very good in the ring and on the mic.
I'd much prefer him to be champ than John Cena but unfortunately Cena will probs win yet another title he doesan't derserve at WM. The only other guy i'd like as much as The Miz to be Champ is CM Punk.

· The Jman
5,389 Posts
2 things I learned about the Miz last night and I will say this. He has an orgasm every time he says "Im Awesome", which in part I pity whoever he's sleeping with and the second thing is that that smile he had at the end of last night was just smile that I wouldn't want to see again because it look like a smile from a retard or the fact he needed to take a dump.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.