·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I downloaded the IGN vid so going to watch now. Will post my impressions in a bit. Certainly intrigued by this game.
IGN gets annoying because they keep cutting back to them talking instead of just keep the camera on the gameplay but the game looks beautiful and the detail on the ship and HUD are way more advanced than what we saw just a year ago.

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,403 Posts
Was over the moon when I read this is available to play offline too. Definite purchase for me in that case. It may come out this year, but i suspect it'll drop into 2016 tbh.

I can wait though. Should be epic.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I think it will be a genre-defining title, and will make it evident that procedural generation is the future of video games. The age of the space sim is about to arrive, and i'm pumped.

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Was over the moon when I read this is available to play offline too. Definite purchase for me in that case. It may come out this year, but i suspect it'll drop into 2016 tbh.

I can wait though. Should be epic.
Yeah Oct to Dec is too full of games, Q1 would be smarter. This is the kind of game that you can just pick up and play for an hour here and there for the rest of your life LOL.

I would love for this to blow up like minecraft did, its even more amazing considering only like 5 people are working on this game.

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Ayyy, they actually showed something that wasn't a waste of time for once.

Still not sure if I'm going to buy it though. More interested in other games.

·
Registered
15,735 Posts
we both made a thread for this game months ago BM why another one? :lmao but I agree No Man's Sky is going to be a huge breath of fresh air. can't wait for it

we need a release date ffs

·
Banned
28,110 Posts
Needs a season pass, microtransactions and some pre-order exclusive DLC before I'll be interested 8*D

The game does look impressive, I hope it's able to live up to all the hype and bold claims from the devs.

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
we both made a thread for this game months ago BM why another one? :lmao but I agree No Man's Sky is going to be a huge breath of fresh air. can't wait for it

we need a release date ffs
I didn't want to bump a month old thread because that is frowned upon LOL

I got a warning for that one time so I don't do that anymore

We have a ton of new information,, so its easily to just put it all here now. Ill have to make sure it stays active

Needs a season pass, microtransactions and some pre-order exclusive DLC before I'll be interested 8*D

The game does look impressive, I hope it's able to live up to all the hype and bold claims from the devs.
Shawn said they will always be adding more content as time goes on and that it should be free. Lets hope that is right.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Watched the IGN vid on it, really looking forward to it. Wouldn't call it a perfect game (pop-in issues, camera angle meaning looking like a midget most of the time) but I have a ton of respect for the ambition of it (especially as it has been a very successful realisation of that so far). Love the retro sci-fi atmosphere, it looks really good in that respect. And it looks like a game I can really relax with. A 'meditative' game if you will. Looking forward to finding more about it, especially a release date.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I'm not at all interested in this game.

I have tried to get into and watched all the videos but I just don't get it.
I don't want a game with no real objective other than to go from world to world with no real story - sorry but this just does nothing to spark my interest.

Am I the only one?

Reactions: Blackbeard

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I like the concept and I'm really interested in how the game randomly generates planets, but I'm not a big fan of how you can't join a session with your friends and explore planets together. I understand they want the game to be realistic, but to the point where you can't meet up with your friends? That's kind of dumb. Also, is there really anything else to do in the game besides explore?

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,487 Posts

I don't want a game with no real objective other than to go from world to world with no real story - sorry but this just does nothing to spark my interest.

Am I the only one?
No, but you're likely going to be in the minority.

Star Citizen, Minecraft, Terraria, etc. are extremely popular and NMS is going to be pretty huge when it releases.

·
Indeed
16,945 Posts

Am I the only one?
I have absolutely no interest in this game either, so you're not alone. :quimby The E3 demo did nothing for me.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I have absolutely no interest in this game either, so you're not alone. :quimby The E3 demo did nothing for me.
I guess ur either going to love it or hate it - but yeah all the videos have done nothing for me either.

·
Registered
15,735 Posts

Am I the only one?
it's hard for me to imagine someone not being interested in a game so uniquely rich with this much freedom to explore, but I guess to each their own taste. i'd take immersion and complete control over story anyday unless the story is special which isn't the case with most games. there's so much replay value in a game like NMS compared to a linear experience or a sandbox loaded with nothing but fetch quests. and most importantly it's actually something that isn't a copy paste of gaming trends. it's actually a refreshing concept and a rare example of devs pushing the envelope with limited resources

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
it's hard for me to imagine someone not being interested in a game so uniquely rich with this much freedom to explore, but I guess to each their own taste. i'd take immersion and control over storyanyday unless the story is special which isn't the case with most games. there's so much replay value in a game like NMS compared to a linear experience or a sandbox loaded with nothing but fetch quests. and most importantly it's actually something that isn't a copy paste of gaming trends. it's actually a refreshing concept and a rare example of devs pushing the envelope
Look don't get me wrong - I get that people will be interested in it, take minecraft for example - I have never played it and have no desire to play it but don't hold anything against those who enjoy it.

I guess just wondering around exploring does nothing for me in a game - when I can wonder round and explore the world I live in for real.

I get what u are saying about it being an original and new idea for gaming - but for me that's why I play games like Batman, metal gear solid etc because I will never get the chance to be those guys - I get taken away in my own little world.

I also get satisfaction from completing a game and seeing how the story starts and ends - that to me is what games are about.

Reactions: Blackbeard
1 - 20 of 637 Posts