Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's come to my attention that Kofi's missed 2 consecutive SD episodes (but consequently appeared on Superstars) which I think is a damn shame as they should really be building him up as I feel he could already ascend to the ME. Thoughts?

edit: Just remembered! I did read a report stating that he got married over the course of the week so he's probably out on his honeymoon.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,971 Posts
He wrestle in a dark match prior to SD!, I think he was in his honeymoon last week.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I don't agree with one of the most over faces in the company not being on the SyFy debut but tonight's show was all about progressing angles leading to HIAC. Since Kofi isn't in a match, it isn't that surprising that he wasn't on the show. Don't read too much in to it.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
I don't agree with one of the most over faces in the company not being on the SyFy debut but tonight's show was all about progressing angles leading to HIAC. Since Kofi isn't in a match, it isn't that surprising that he wasn't on the show. Don't read too much in to it.
This. His presense on the show would've taken away from promoting the PPV. Admittedly the show didn't really Jack Swagger either since all he did was get some cheap heat in front of his home state and get embarressed by Edge in a random appearence but that still makes more sense than a featured Kofi match.

What we've seen more than anything else is that WWE need to have more time between PPVs because they simply don't have enough tv time to set the storylines up and build anticipation for the payoffs.

·
I GOT ALOT LEFT IN THE TANK
4,541 Posts
It's come to my attention that Kofi's missed 2 consecutive SD episodes (but consequently appeared on Superstars) which I think is a damn shame as they should really be building him up as I feel he could already ascend to the ME. Thoughts?

edit: Just remembered! I did read a report stating that he got married over the course of the week so he's probably out on his honeymoon.
Him getting married didn't effect his ability to appear on either of the two Smackdowns. During the last weeks taping he was taped wrestling a Superstars match with Jack Swagger. During this weeks Smackdown he wrestled a dark match with Tyler Rex.

Hopefully he shows up next week as him not being there turned me off the show a bit. Seems like whenever he really starts to simmer, they cool him down (directly or indirectly). Such as getting squashed after his feud with Randy Orton....or disappearing during the "Road To Wrestlemania" only to be added to WM26 MITB match at the very last show..being removed from the Elimination Chamber '08 and never seeking revenge..Having his match with Ziggler interrupted by Nexus at Summerslam pretty much forcing them to continue the feud for another painful month. Now again after dropping the I.C title he's not being featured on the show despite appearing on the commercials.

I'd like to see him get into a feud with CM Punk (who I also believe is being misused) before both of these men have to work their way back up.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
I was also wondering where Kofi had gotten to...seems strange that they would keep him off both shows, both weeks for not much of a reason.

·
Registered
32 Posts
As much as i like Kofi, they need to stop this horrible rivalry with Dolph. They have been in matches fighting for around 10 weeks in a row now, And it's getting really Dull. Every week for around 2 months we have had Kofi vs Dolph, And it's really boring and pointless, there is no real story or history between them, So to have them fighting for so long just gets boring when there isn't much of a story. :/

That's just my opinion though.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Him getting married didn't effect his ability to appear on either of the two Smackdowns. During the last weeks taping he was taped wrestling a Superstars match with Jack Swagger. During this weeks Smackdown he wrestled a dark match with Tyler Rex.
When are they going to can that nasty dread head mother fucker? He will NEVER get over if hes brought onto the main roster w/o complete physical and character makeovers. Its like that stupid fucking Ricky Ortiz guy all over again.......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts