Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I kept waiting for it, but it never happened. Both TNA an WWE are well known for the comedy crap their creative puts on their holiday shows. RAW and Smackdown had it in spades this week. And it was horrible. Impact also use to do stupid holiday themed shows. Remember the Eric Young Christmas Party? Or the one year where Russo wrote a whole show full of Christmas themed gimmick matches? One of the awful matches was called Silent Night Bloody Night and was a 4-way with Rellik defeating Black Reign and Abyss and Shark Boy. But nothing this year.

So the question is, did someone kidnap Vince Russo? Was it refreshing to have less comedy?

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,975 Posts
Nothing is refreshing about TNA.

·
Premium Member
8,581 Posts
I was always a fan of the holiday themed shows. Silent Night, Bloody Night FTW. Mixing Jesus' birthday and hardcore wrestling makes me proud to be an American. :lmao

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
well they did the Thanksgiving one so well, that i wouldnt have minded something similar. but instead our gifts we're the great card i guess.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
No barbed wire Christmas tree. It's a disgrace!

Just kidding, that was stupid. It probably helps that the episode was filmed like 2 months ago or however they're doing the schedule now.

·
Banned
8,966 Posts
Glad they didn't have any Christmas-themed matches or segments. The Big Show segment on Smackdown was horrible.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm not a big TNA fan, but I do watch it from time to time
An out of topic question, sorry.
can someone explain to me why the camera's have to move like they do during promo's
I get the idea of spying on people and see what they say, if it was a tiny camara, then yeah its going shake a little, but this is HD!
How long have they being doing this.

·
Banned
367 Posts
Christmas Impact was awesome. One of the best impacts in months. The card was awesome and logical.

I like the 8 man Tag, the KO Tag Titles match up, the TV Title Match up and the JJ Challenge. I'm extremely delighted with the booking. I also agree with the results of ALL the matches.

I hope the awesome booking will carry on next week. And, please disband Immortal, they are a disgrace, the first 15 minutes of promo was rubbish, I skipped that totally.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i agree, in fact the show in general have been flat as hell.
Totally agree. I think a HUGE problem with TNA in general for the last few months has been the Reaction style backstage segments. I've mentioned this before but I'll say it again, since they're shot in a "hidden camera" format we get shitty audio and a shaky camera, along with half assed dialog. The backstage segments are less entertaining/funny because of this. It's just bland and stupid. I know Bischoff's flawed idea is that it makes the product more realistic, but the concept is fucking stupid because outside of retards everybody knows wrestling is a work, so try and focus on making the most ENTERTAINING show possible. I wish they'd go back to shooting backstage segments like they used to, the dumb funny shit like Foley in his office, Thanksgiving with the Angles, etc. and BACKSTAGE INTERVIEWS. I miss real backstage interviews. I'm a huge fan of Bischoff's past work and was excited about him coming in, but these backstage Reaction segments shows he doesn't have a fucking clue about how to make an entertaining wrestling show in 2010. I hope when he gets shit canned in a year the boring backstage segments leave with him.

·
Tap Or Snap
2,539 Posts
No Xmas Silliness ? So eric young dressed as a reindeer and orlando jordan in a weird santa suit obvisley has nothing to do with xmas.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts