Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears for at least the near future we are without the two faces of the company. So, where do we go from here? Who has the ability to take over the mantle as face of the company while the two major draws are out of action?

I would think it's probably gonna be Orton on Raw, Smackdown is perhaps a bit more tricky. Edge perhaps?

Any thoughts? Anyone see a step up in the near future as a major draw?

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
It appears for at least the near future we are without the two faces of the company. So, where do we go from here? Who has the ability to take over the mantle as face of the company while the two major draws are out of action?

I would think it's probably gonna be Orton on Raw, Smackdown is perhaps a bit more tricky. Edge perhaps?

Any thoughts? Anyone see a step up in the near future as a major draw?
I'd say you were right with Orton and Edge.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
If I were booking at this point I wouldn't even try to have someone step into Cena's and Taker's shoes (although a returning Triple H will certainly help). Instead I would try to book the entire card properly with a view to making every match matter. If WWE give us hot feuds for the US title and hot feuds for the IC title and hot feuds for the tag-team titles and hot feuds for the Divas title plus some hot non-title feuds then it won't matter that they're missing a couple of top names because, while any one of those matches individually won't sell a PPV, the accumulated value of each will (maybe).

·
Registered
520 Posts
Cena will be back for the Royal Rumble at the latest.
I'm sure they can do 2 months without him. And they should be used to the Undertaker not being there so that's no problem.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
As far as I'm concerned, this whole storyline with Cena getting fired is a non issue. It's JUST a storyline. Remember when they fired Stone Cold Steve Austin? And then he still managed to show up all the time and cause hell, so I really don't think he's going to be off tv for any amount of time, or at least not more than a couple of weeks. He's not really gone, you can just tell that he's gonna show up to Raw with a ticket or something...

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts
Cena will definitely be at Mania. Calling it now: Main Event is Cena vs. Orton for the gold.

Taker...I can honestly say I don't care anymore. If he does make it to Mania it'll be against Kane or Wade Barrett...can't say I'm overly excited.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I'm happy that they are out for the foreseeable future. But I know it too good to be true. Allow them to test new waters.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Cena is going to appear on this coming Raw, so please don't get any ideas about him actually leaving for any real period of time. The next while will be about the journey of him getting his job back (which I presume happens by making Nexus' life a nightmare til Barrett demands they let him back so he can destroy him).

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Didn't he like announce that he even would be at the next RAW? This Guy doesn't even miss Raws when he is on vacation^^.

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ah well, fair enough I guess I got the wrong idea about Cena. Thought we'd be looking at at least a couple of months without him!

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Not willingly you wouldn't, WWE couldn't afford it. They place everything on Cena's shoulders, and if there's any time they need him, it's right now, with Wade Barrett as the biggest heel in the company, so he has Cena to play off of, and the WWE giving a trial run to an unproven champion.

The only way Cena's leaving is if he walks out on the company or he's injured, because even when he does films, he makes it via satellite or just flies back really fast. Also, depending on the injury, they could still have him on tv like they're doing with CM Punk right now, so there's not much room for his absense.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I agree we'll still see plenty of Cena, regardless of his 'firing'. Edge is a strange one, as despite being a face he's still behaving more like a heel (anybody who saw the recent angle between him, Kane and Bearer without knowing what was going on would have thought Edge was the heel and Bearer and Kane were the faces).

Maybe, with Taker out and Edge still being more like a heel, they could give MVP and Kofi Kingston the push they both deserve? Both are charismatic, and both are good in the ring, Kofi especially.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts