Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
6,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I finished watching last weeks Impact something hit me. They are really not good at building up feuds. Thinking mostly now of RVD vs Rode. Sure, the match was just announced 2 weeks ago. But hey come on, no RVD and really no Rode in action this past thursday, The only feud build up I can really think of is Rode vs Storm. Styles secret is also a mystery. One night, they get him something something in his match and then completely silence.
To answer myself: Maybe they were busy with the open fight night or something.

But now im just nitpicking. Overall, I really think they have stepped up a notch. The commentators are pretty good, more like "real" sport commentators with one that are more of the main commentator and one expert commentator that comes with his insights.

I do prefer watching Impact now more then wwe. Well ok, Brock vs Cena at ER was awsomesauce, so was Brock beating Tirple H, there was that intense fighting Ive been longing for. But in overall, I do like Impact more, feels more old school pro wrestling.

Not that I dislike them, so dont get me wrong here, but for the love of god, take Ric Flair and Hogan off the screen. Sure, Hogan still have his fans, but thats a minorty today. The majority doesnt really know what he means for pro wrestling, what he did or they just doesnt care about the guy anymore now when his old and grumpy. Same with Flair.

And really, of all the young talents they have, RVD? They should let somebody else get a chance, not those old farts. Not that I dislike RVD, just that I dont like veterans get title shots, well ok they can sometimes, to job for the champion and make him more legit, but I dont want them to win the title. And I think RVD will win it at Sacriice.

The Bischoff segmment with the poop was great, felt attitude eraish. They need to do more fun stuff like that.

·
Providing For My Family
6,868 Posts
First off I disagree about RVD winning because in my view it's just a filler feud for Sacrifice to give Roode even more substance to his reign. Secondly I was a bit confused that on Impact RVD & Roode got no promo time or interaction together, seems kind of a dumb move. I'm sure they will get some time to build up on the next couple of Impacts leading to Sacrifice and I am sure the match will be a decent match for what it is. Filler.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Well lets look at it like this. Open Fight Night is about 1 Title being defended. This past week it was the tag titles. So what did they do? They built up the tag title match through the entire night and the main event was a tag team title match. You can sell a PPV main event in two weeks. It has happened successfully before and it will happen again.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
So the match was just announced and you are saying the build up sucks?

·
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
6,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So the match was just announced and you are saying the build up sucks?
No, I dont say it sucks. Im just confused that there seem to be nothing between them. As I said, the match was just announced 2 weeks ago, but you expect some sort of promo/matches to build their match up. And also as I said, I was just nitpicking.

·
Registered
851 Posts
No, I dont say it sucks. Im just confused that there seem to be nothing between them. As I said, the match was just announced 2 weeks ago, but you expect some sort of promo/matches to build their match up. And also as I said, I was just nitpicking.
It's a filler feud; there won't be any great build up between the two. They are just wasting time for Roode vs Storm 2 by letting Roode beat past champs.

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts
They are getting the typical "one month rushed build up just for the sake of having a World Title match at every single PPV" build up, and I don't like it.

If you take James Storm out of the Lockdown build up and put in Jeff Hardy, Mr. Anderson, AJ Styles, or anybody else, then the whole story is thrown out of whack and it doesn't work. If you take RVD out of the build up for Sacrifice and put in any one of those guys, then it would be practically the same exact storyline, so what is the difference? That's why they probably should have spent this month building up a contenders match of some kind, have RVD win that, and then do RVD Vs. Roode at Slammiversary with two months of work put into it. But then again, they probably have something else planned for Slammy (Roode Vs. Sting for the Title or a King of the Mountain are my guesses), but what's the point of having this match at Sacrifice? The only justification for it is "Well, we HAVE to have a World Title match, so here you go". And I'm not saying this because its RVD. I'd be saying this for just about anybody in this same spot. We all know Roode isn't going to drop the belt, and if he does, it would be dumb, so why even do it?

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
The build-up is that RVD never really lost the TNA World Title, and now he finally gets a chance again. Yep, that's it. Your typical filler feud to get to the next big feud for Roode.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
They really don't have any hatred towards each other but here's the hype video:

Everything is explained, excluding the attack on RVD back in 2010.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
They're just using RVD to put over Roode at the PPV and then I wouldn't be surprised if RVD was done with the company after that.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Typical. One week of less build for them, immediately begins the TNA-doesn't-build thing. Just watch the upcoming Impacts, I'm sure they'll kick in the other gear.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts