Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did I miss it, or was she not on? Does this make two weeks with no storyline started for TLC for the Raw Women's title?

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Wonderful, it's not like WWE has a PPV in less than 2 weeks or anything
Who do you think she will be facing at TLC? Charlotte is busy with The Kabuki Warriors. And there aren't any other ladies on the Raw roster who isn't worthy of a title shot now.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Who do you think she will be facing at TLC? Charlotte is busy with The Kabuki Warriors. And there aren't any other ladies on the Raw roster who isn't worthy of a title shot now.
It's simple really. What they could have done is a multi-person TLC match for the Raw women's championship. It all could have started off of Becky becoming longest reigning Raw women's champion. They could have started to tell a long-term "Who will dethrone Becky Lynch" story, but no we have to get this dumb tag story.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
That's a good thing. One of the biggest problems with making wrestlers stars is they over expose the fuck out them. I personally believe champions should never even wrestle on free TV other than once in a blue moon. They have so many people on the roster wrestlers should never be on raw every week.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,720 Posts
That's a good thing. One of the biggest problems with making wrestlers stars is they over expose the fuck out them. I personally believe champions should never even wrestle on free TV other than once in a blue moon. They have so many people on the roster wrestlers should never be on raw every week.
This is true. It's just that the PPV is next Sunday and they haven't built shit. If their PPV's were spaced out like AEW, then this wouldn't really be an issue. Not having Becky on the show is more so about laziness than WWE intentionally trying to keep superstars fresh or special. I wish that wasn't the case. Becky will save Charlotte from a beatdown next week for one RAW's worth of build to the TLC tag match. They want to save the Becky run in for the go home show so that they dont have to book anything else lol.

·
Locker Room Leader
12,104 Posts
Yeah it's weird to go 2 weeks without even a glimpse of your FOTC. Not even a backstage segment. What's she even doing for TLC? This is just going to be her and Charlotte vs the Kabuki warriors isn't it? Fuck.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
This is true. It's just that the PPV is next Sunday and they haven't built shit. If their PPV's were spaced out like AEW, then this wouldn't really be an issue. Not having Becky on the show is more so about laziness than WWE intentionally trying to keep superstars fresh or special. I wish that wasn't the case. Becky will save Charlotte from a beatdown next week for one RAW's worth of build to the TLC tag match. They want to save the Becky run in for the go home show so that they dont have to book anything else lol.
Who knows, maybe Becky won't even be on the PPV? Just like regular Raws/Smackdowns every main eventer doesn't need to have a match every PPV, especially considering there is like 15 PPVs a year now. I say keep her off of TLC, it's a D list PPV anyways. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Ever notice the pop wrestlers get when they have been gone for a while? They get massive pops usually no matter who they are. Now I'm not saying the reaction for a wrestler that has been off TV for 3 weeks as opposed to 3 months will be the same, but I guarantee the pop would be bigger at 3 week intervals, then they would get showing up on raw/smackdown(or both) once a week.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
[YouTube]dR7W-jFomc4[/YouTube]

She was on backstage and told about unfinished business, either it's Asuka or maybe the return of Nia Jax or she intends to go back to NXT and have feud with Shayna for the NXT women's title.

Later on second dark match

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,720 Posts
Who knows, maybe Becky won't even be on the PPV? Just like regular Raws/Smackdowns every main eventer doesn't need to have a match every PPV, especially considering there is like 15 PPVs a year now. I say keep her off of TLC, it's a D list PPV anyways. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Ever notice the pop wrestlers get when they have been gone for a while? They get massive pops usually no matter who they are. Now I'm not saying the reaction for a wrestler that has been off TV for 3 weeks as opposed to 3 months will be the same, but I guarantee the pop would be bigger at 3 week intervals, then they would get showing up on raw/smackdown(or both) once a week.
They might keep her off. But I kinda doubt it because they already gave away Charlotte vs Kabuki Warriors on free TV so they can't really just do it again on the PPV with the titles being on the line. I wouldn't mind her not being on the PPV honestly but she's the FOTC so WWE will shove her in somehow. And yes absence does make the heart grow fonder. Becky cut a backstage promo after RAW last night addressing her absence and it felt great seeing her. She felt more special. Like more of a big deal. To me anyway. So I definitely get what you mean there.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Well, now you only have one episode of Raw left before the TLC ppv to set everything up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts