Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Broadcast Journalist
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the first Japanese wrestling event I've watched the entire way through and man, I'll be coming back for some more!

Ibushi vs. Devitt just blew me away. I wanted something different to WWE and TNA without sacrificing production values and this was just the ticket.

When's the next show of this stature? What I'm really asking is; help a newbie out! What are the main shows throughout the calendar year for NJPW?

·
Registered
21,650 Posts
I've only been watching puro for around 13 months but if it's NJPW you're looking for you should check out the Fantasticamania shows, the highlight of which is the main event of night 2 Kota Ibushi & Kenny Omega Vs. Prince Devitt & Ryusuke Taguchi. Plus these 2 shows are joint with CMLL so you get a bit of lucha thrown in there too.

Super Fight was also a decent show, that was a joint show with Dragon Gate so it was cool seeing guys from 2 different companies go at it.

·
Premium Member
32,163 Posts
NJPW do PPV's which are always great cards and worth checking out, especially atm. Wrestle Kingdom is basically their equivalent of Mania and they only do a show that big once a year. There's so many better matches out there from Devitt and Ibushi than that match too. The tags against other are both better for example. Japanese undercards generally suck too. 99% of them time it's not worth even bothering with unless it's a supercard type show like Wrestle Kingdom.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
This is the first Japanese wrestling event I've watched the entire way through and man, I'll be coming back for some more!

Ibushi vs. Devitt just blew me away. I wanted something different to WWE and TNA without sacrificing production values and this was just the ticket.

When's the next show of this stature? What I'm really asking is; help a newbie out! What are the main shows throughout the calendar year for NJPW?
you are actually concerned for the production values over everything else, when it should never matter, ive seen Austrailian backyard wrestling better than almost all WWE/TNA matches

YOU ARE NOT A WRESTLING FAN YOU SHALLOWTON

1 - 4 of 4 Posts