Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
This is pretty big for them. Not a cheap venue to run. I imagine they have some Sinclair backing to help them get in. More evidence that the New Japan/ROH is strong.

·
Registered
201 Posts
This is pretty big for them. Not a cheap venue to run. I imagine they have some Sinclair backing to help them get in. More evidence that the New Japan/ROH is strong.
Not really. Looks to me that this is a NJPW only event. No mention of ROH.

Feedback from G1 Supercard last year that NJPW matches were really well received while the ROH matches got poor reviews. Most notable by Enzo/Big Cass clusterfuck and the booking of the ROH title ladder match (Scurll should of went over instead of Tavern).

·
Registered
22,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Apparently this show will be near the same level as a Wrestle Kingdom. Will be interested to see what they do for this show while trying to conserve for the G1 and Wrestle Kingdom.

I'm fine with an ROH influence, just keep it minimal.

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,325 Posts
I hope this does well, but there's no doubt that the expectation of Okada vs Omega V moved a lot of tickets for the last show. They'll need to go all out for this.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I'd love to go see New Japan at MSG again. I like ROH so I wouldn't have a problem with them having some influence at the show. I'd be more offended if the Rock N Roll Express were back again.

·
Registered
471 Posts
ROH can be on this as long as there is no stupid angles like last year with "the Allure" and they only have a match or two with their absolute best. Always down to see Jay Lethal, Jonathan Gresham, Rush, Jeff Cobb, Marty Squirrel, maybe PCO, and maybe Briscoes. Same with CMLL and RevPro, they can each have a match also. Maybe even possible to have a match with AEW? Maybe that's why they decided to do this at all. Probably not but who knows.

Let's say it's a 9 match card. Have 1 match ROH, 1 match CMLL, and 1 match RevPro, to give the audience a taste of all of them but have all 3 of those matches be for their top titles. The last 6 matches NJPW matches and all being title matches. No multiman and no filler. Just 1 big ass epic card with a hot ticket main event or a decent main with a great undercard. It would have to be Naito vs Okada, Naito vs Ibushi, or Okada vs Ibushi. White is getting better but he probably shouldn't be in the main for this.

Usually Dominion in June is their 2nd biggest event but they plan to do a WK type A-Level event just 2 months later, hopefully they don't blow it all too soon. Going to be exciting nonetheless, excited for whoever is going.

·
Registered
22,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hope this does well, but there's no doubt that the expectation of Okada vs Omega V moved a lot of tickets for the last show. They'll need to go all out for this.
I don't know if it was so much that or just the fact people were hyped to see the Elite in MSG. I mean the Elite ended up not being on the show at all, but when the tickets sold out like in August of 2018, people were probably under the impression that Omega, Cody, The Bucks, and Hangman would be there.

·
None. More. Hated.
5,321 Posts
ROH can be on this as long as there is no stupid angles like last year with "the Allure" and they only have a match or two with their absolute best. Always down to see Jay Lethal, Jonathan Gresham, Rush, Jeff Cobb, Marty Squirrel, maybe PCO, and maybe Briscoes. Same with CMLL and RevPro, they can each have a match also. Maybe even possible to have a match with AEW? Maybe that's why they decided to do this at all. Probably not but who knows.

Let's say it's a 9 match card. Have 1 match ROH, 1 match CMLL, and 1 match RevPro, to give the audience a taste of all of them but have all 3 of those matches be for their top titles. The last 6 matches NJPW matches and all being title matches. No multiman and no filler. Just 1 big ass epic card with a hot ticket main event or a decent main with a great undercard. It would have to be Naito vs Okada, Naito vs Ibushi, or Okada vs Ibushi. White is getting better but he probably shouldn't be in the main for this.

Usually Dominion in June is their 2nd biggest event but they plan to do a WK type A-Level event just 2 months later, hopefully they don't blow it all too soon. Going to be exciting nonetheless, excited for whoever is going.
Id bet dollars to dogshit White beats Naito for the belt here.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Id bet dollars to dogshit White beats Naito for the belt here.
Oh please no. I can kind of see it but at the same time they want to send the fans home happier than that I would think. Jay has improved and I'm liking what he's doing but I still think it's too soon for him to take it and at that venue nonetheless, just can't see it, I would give him more chance winning at Dominion than there honestly. I would be fine with him in the semi-main with GOATkada for the IC or something and have Naito defend against Ibushi.

·
None. More. Hated.
5,321 Posts
Oh please no. I can kind of see it but at the same time they want to send the fans home happier than that I would think. Jay has improved and I'm liking what he's doing but I still think it's too soon for him to take it and at that venue nonetheless, just can't see it, I would give him more chance winning at Dominion than there honestly. I would be fine with him in the semi-main with GOATkada for the IC or something and have Naito defend against Ibushi.
They already had Okada win it last year. I dont see them doing Okada vs. Naito outside of Japan, and Naito vs. Ibushi was what they ran there last year. We will see. I think they do Okada vs. Tanahashi like those two wanted in America.

·
Le Champion
18,651 Posts
I'll be pretty shocked if anything other than Naito vs. Okada headlines this. Dallas got the old rivalry for the first time in the states. The Garden will likely get the new one I think.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Don't really understand how this is a new one considering that it is going at least since 2014. Okada/White is relatively speaking new one and we got that already last year at MSG.

·
Le Champion
18,651 Posts
Don't really understand how this is a new one considering that it is going at least since 2014. Okada/White is relatively speaking new one and we got that already last year at MSG.
Okada/Naito is THE match in Japan much like Okada/Tana was for years. That's the comparison I'm making. It's a big deal when it happens.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts