Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
re: NJPW Super J Cup 2019 in USA - 8/22, 8/24, & 8/25

Interesting that they chose it for America and not Japan. Lets see who they get for it then, because of it.

·
Le Champion
18,718 Posts
The thing I find most interesting about this is that the first two nights/cities are in relatively small venues where they're gonna get less than 1,000 people (like the New Beginning in USA shows earlier this year) but then all of a sudden for the 3rd night we jump into the Walter Pyramid in Long Beach? Hopefully they have some other matches planned for that or something because two IWGP Title matches in that building last year barely got them over 3000 people so a J Cup Final isn't gonna draw anything.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Honestly, my guess is that they don't care, and just went with what is now associated as their "main" venue in America, that being the Walter Pyramid.

But, we'll see what happens. Those New Beginning in USA shows drew a lot better than I thought they would, for example. This is def gonna be inspired for some kind of interesting field lined up. Could surprise some people. It won't be sold out or anything, but giving a slice of the Juniors division some depth could prompt people to check it out. Seems like every time New Japan does this, people have the same skepticism, then things work out just fine.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I don't know what that would be exactly. By all logic main event should be the finals of Super J-Cup so what can you really add to the undercard that would sell tickets and wouldn't feel like a real main event at the same time?

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Maybe a tag championship match. Unsure, but I think they're just going by name value of the promotion is all.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
The jaded thoughts of this site rekt.

People want to see that wrestling live.

·
Le Champion
18,718 Posts
Poster was leaked yesterday which should gives us an idea of who will be in the tournament. Caristico coming over.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I want to watch a match between Luis Ignacio Arvidre (Mistico CMLL I, WWE Sin Cara I, AAA Mysteziz, Caristico nowadays) and Will Ospreay.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Caristico is interesting, but I hope there are more new guys around. I don't really want to see a repeat of BotSJ just with different tournament format.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Fuck off Caristico, ughhh.

That idiot not realizing he'd fall off the apron rolling out of the ring in ROH is all he's good for and met that quota. Go away forever.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
I'll be MAD. But then it'll pass and I'll move on. :cozy

(but please don't win, ahhh)

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,626 Posts
Hopefully they can get some other names as 5 out of 6 of those guys were just in the BOTSJ.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts