Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
KENTA vs Ishii is officially the ticket here now. Although, I actually would have liked to see that in Japan for the atmosphere, but oh well. They're still going to obliterate each other, which is everything I want.

Card looks good. The undercard half & then the upper card half with nothing but championships on the line; they came through.

Naito & Switchblade on opposing sides in a tag match. Hmm.

If Ospreay & Eagles win and get a Junior Tag Team Championship match down the line. :mark:

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Looks like a good card. Suzuki and Okada is going to tear the house down. Tana and Sabre should also be a good match as well. It'll be interesting to see how NJPW follows up the KENTA BC heel turn with Ishii, as well.

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,978 Posts
:banderas That's a sweet card. Only thing I don't like is the Jnr tag match because ELP blows, and I'm not a massive 12 Pac fan. But it'll rule to see Robbie rip ELP's dumb leg to pieces :yoda

KENTA vs a pissed off Ishii :andre Imagine the fucking scenes if Shibata shows up and corners his old enemy :cozy :eek:wens3

MiSu vs Okada will rule. Especially because MiSu is angrier than usual.

Got to cosign Hayley's point about Tana/Windy still being fresh despite all the matches. More proof of how great they are.

Knife Fucker vs Naito is the new IC title feud, and I'm here for it. If Kota's idea comes to life about wrestling for the IC belt on night two of WK, I assume White will be defending the IC belt on night one against :naito

Fina note: How awesome is Chase Owens' life! Dude is a BC foot solider who got hired because of AJ, and got to stick around and get a role on big shows.

·
Registered
23,418 Posts
Solid card.

I don't expect Suzuki vs. Okada to be like their 40 minute match from 2 years ago at the New Beginning show, which is a good thing. Hopefully it's like their G1 match from last year, but with a real winner.

I'm not super hyped to see ZSJ vs. Tanahashi since they already did this one at the G1 Supercard for the title, and that's not even counting the G1. Then again, these 2 are so good working together that they can still pull something special out. Plus it'll be cool to think they've worked in the US, Japan, and now England together all in one year.

Kind of weird not to see Ishii defend against someone who beat him in the G1 but this is really the match to do now. And much as I would want to see Ishii vs. Shingo or even Taichi vs. Ishii again, feels like Kenta has to win here.

Other intriguing thing is seeing Naito paired with White in a tag match. I wonder if we get an IC Title match so soon after their first match with each other.

·
Le Champion
18,652 Posts
Very shocked they're giving away KENTA/Ishii outside of Japan. A little unfortunate that they're running it so soon because it feels KENTA kinda has to win it considering he's facing Ibushi for the WK contract and clearly he isn't winning that. Gonna be yet another short and meaningless NEVER Title reign it looks like. :(

Otherwise the card looks really fun. Surprised we're not seeing Ospreay in a singles match. The Ibushi & Juice tag is the only one that looks like a skip.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
My fantasy booking of KENTA:

Beats Ishii, calls out Ibushi for Destruction tour.
During their match BC get involved, but Goto runs in to chase them away. KENTA loses.
KENTA is mad at Goto for that. They have a title match at maybe KoPW or PS. Shibata on commentary, KENTA beats Goto and talks shit about Shibata.
Somewhere between those things KENTA is also probably constantly abusing LA Dojo lions. Probably shitting on NEVER title as well since it is associated with Shibata.
At WTL finals Shibata finally snaps and says fuck it, I'm coming back for WK and beating you.
KENTA/Shibata at WK, Shibata wins, everyone is happy.

·
Registered
30 Posts
What I’m now fantasy booking in my head

Shibata vs Kenta

What I’m going to get when reality bites hard

Goto vs Kenta

·
Registered
904 Posts
Full card announced:

Heavyweight title
Okada vs Suzuki

British Heavyweight title
ZSJ vs Tanahashi

Never Openweight title
Ishii vs Kenta

Tag team title
GOD vs RevPro Tournament winners

Naito/Sanada vs White/Chase

Non title
Ospreay/Eagles vs Ishimori/ELP

Ibushi/Juice vs Yujiro/Leo

Ren Narita, Shota Umino and Ryusuke Taguchi vs Roppongi 3K
Happy with that card. If I was being picky I would have booked it slightly different...

Okada vs Suzuki
Ishii vs KENTA
Tanahashi vs Sabre
G.O.D vs Shingo and EVIL
Naito and SANADA vs White and Chase
Ospreay vs Ibushi
Taguchi, Liger and Umino vs Romero, SHO and YOH

That said if I HAD to book based on the talent they have coming over I would have done this (keeping the three big matches the same)...

Okada vs Suzuki
ZSJ vs Tanahashi
Ishii vs Kenta
G.O.D vs SHO and YOH
Ospreay vs Ibushi
Naito vs White
Narita and Taguchi vs Umino and Robinson (just a random to get them on)

Tad perplexed as to why Liger isn't on this card but is on the Rev Pro instead. Doesn't make much sense to me really.

·
Le Champion
18,652 Posts
Checked on FITE and it's listed at $24.99 so yeah... that's a pass from me. :p Would've paid $9.99 for it though as a standalone.

Happy with that card. If I was being picky I would have booked it slightly different...

Okada vs Suzuki
Ishii vs KENTA
Tanahashi vs Sabre
G.O.D vs Shingo and EVIL
Naito and SANADA vs White and Chase
Ospreay vs Ibushi
Taguchi, Liger and Umino vs Romero, SHO and YOH

That said if I HAD to book based on the talent they have coming over I would have done this (keeping the three big matches the same)...

Okada vs Suzuki
ZSJ vs Tanahashi
Ishii vs Kenta
G.O.D vs SHO and YOH
Ospreay vs Ibushi
Naito vs White
Narita and Taguchi vs Umino and Robinson (just a random to get them on)

Tad perplexed as to why Liger isn't on this card but is on the Rev Pro instead. Doesn't make much sense to me really.
Why would you book Ibushi vs. Ospreay? Doesn't make much sense since he just beat him in the G1. Only singles matches Ibushi should be in between now and WK are to defend the contract against KENTA and EVIL.

·
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
5,600 Posts
With Ishii vs KENTA, and KENTA's turn, I forsee him winning against Ishii & building up to face Goto down the line. Seems a clear path to take. Suppose that would also lead to Ishii & Yano teaming up to go against the Guerillas later. Could've built for a big CHAOS vs Bullet Club show at WK14 if White won the G1.

As for the card. really good quality. Probably Okada vs Suzuki the final showdown. That's worth a bit. ZSJ vs Tanahashi is a bit dated at this point in time but it's likely a blow-off for their series of matches they have had htis year. I think the crowd should be really hot for KENTA. He's an underdog in the NJPW system due to his pro-wrestling past and was unlucky in the WWE. I always felt British crowds rooted for guys who've 'battled against institutional adversity'. Probably a better way to explain that but they dig their underdogs basically. And of course Ishii, a good draw outside Japan. Super hot match.

·
Le Champion
18,652 Posts
With Ishii vs KENTA, and KENTA's turn, I forsee him winning against Ishii & building up to face Goto down the line. Seems a clear path to take. Suppose that would also lead to Ishii & Yano teaming up to go against the Guerillas later. Could've built for a big CHAOS vs Bullet Club show at WK14 if White won the G1.

As for the card. really good quality. Probably Okada vs Suzuki the final showdown. That's worth a bit. ZSJ vs Tanahashi is a bit dated at this point in time but it's likely a blow-off for their series of matches they have had htis year. I think the crowd should be really hot for KENTA. He's an underdog in the NJPW system due to his pro-wrestling past and was unlucky in the WWE. I always felt British crowds rooted for guys who've 'battled against institutional adversity'. Probably a better way to explain that but they dig their underdogs basically. And of course Ishii, a good draw outside Japan. Super hot match.
If the Brits don't boo the shit out of KENTA for what he did to Shibata then there's just something wrong with them. :lol

Fingers fucking CROSSED that if KENTA wins the NEVER he actually has a real title reign. I've absolutely hated what they've done with that belt in the past year. It's been completely worthless. A combined TWO defenses in the past 9 reigns. TWO!!

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
By doing Ishii vs Kenta so soon, you would think that it does potentially mean Shibata is returning at WK as then Kenta can defeat Ishii, Goto and potentially Makabe before WK. Kenta vs Goto will surely be the match at KOPW.

I'm really hoping the RevPro team defeats GOD, especially if it's Aussie Open as would be a great way to bring them to Njpw. God w/ Fale can then regain the NEVER 6 man titles.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Surprised that Ospreay doesn't have a singles match seen as he's the man right now and he's on home ground.

But the card is stacked and the top 3 matches should be great.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Surprised that Ospreay doesn't have a singles match seen as he's the man right now and he's on home ground.

But the card is stacked and the top 3 matches should be great.
I think that something can happen during Super J-Cup to alter this match into singles match between ELP and Ospreay.

61 - 80 of 111 Posts