Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

While we don’t have numbers because AXS isn’t figured into Neilsen ratings, unlike most sports, the New Japan numbers are up this year, more impressive since the 8 p.m. start on a Friday is considered a worse time slot than 9 p.m. In addition, the replay at midnight is also well up. We’re told the airing of the Tokyo Dome Okada vs. Omega match shocked everyone with how well it did, and the numbers remained strong for all four weeks of the Tokyo Dome shows. It leveled off from there, but is still above last year’s numbers. There is interest in how the four-hour long replay of the Dome show does this coming Friday. They are really hoping for a big number on 7/1 in particular, especially with timing everything to air the Okada vs. Omega Osaka match the night before the live show. It’s noted that fans are creatures of habit and Saturday is a new night for them. There was also interest in a comparison how the 7/1 show does live as compared to the 7/2 show being on tape, because it’ll be a test of familiar night vs. unfamiliar night but live and to which draws more viewers.

Reactions: Ace

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I wonder if NJPW has had discussions with Sinclair about syndicating NJPW TV.

Airing ROH+NJPW in a two hour block could be good for both shows, and it would obviously raise the availability of NJPW's show by orders of magnitutde.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I wonder if NJPW has had discussions with Sinclair about syndicating NJPW TV.

Airing ROH+NJPW in a two hour block could be good for both shows, and it would obviously raise the availability of NJPW's show by orders of magnitutde.
I think something like that needs to be done. All signs point towards closer NJPW/ROH partnership with their expansion in USA so it would be a bit strange if, for all intents and purposes, half of the product was on one channel while other half is on another.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts