Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
None. More. Hated.
5,283 Posts
Predictions for Sunday:

R3k has only had one successful title defense..ever? Weird stat. I think they keep the belts here. Although you never know with the way NJPW books tag belts.

Sanada vs. Jay is interesting. Jay is the favorite but I could see Sanada catching him. Interestingly enough I think the loser here has a much better chance of winning the NJcup,and since I have Sanada winning that, Ill go with Jay here. Match should be a lot of fun. Sanada is the ultimate babyface and Jay is gonna heel hard on him.

Lee vs. Hiromu will be what it always is. Just hope both guys make it out safe. Hiromu wins obviously.

I would LOVE for Suzuki to win the US title and keep it full time in Japan. Would give guys like Ishii and Evil something to go after instead of aimlessly wandering around until they can get a NEVER shot. That being said, as long as Mox is committed to coming over frequently enough, I think theyll keep the belt on him. Which is fine.

Naito and KENTA will be interesting. Their road to matches have been a little sketchy, not the best chemistry, but Naito usually shows up big in big spots so we will see what happens. Naito wins of course. The bigger question is the how and the post match. Will Jay interfere and accidentally fuck Kenta over? Does Bullet Club jump Naito and if so does LIJ continue to not come to his rescue? Gonna be interesting. Will there be a post match challenge or confrontation? Im just saying theres a guy in the semi main thats 1-0 vs. Naito and would have a claim to challenge him in Moxley. Not saying it happens, but, just putting it in the wind.

Really good looking card but the 3 big matches are pretty predictable, which makes me think R3K is losing or Sanada is gonna get one over on Jay just to have something out of left field happen.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
I could see Jay (if he wins) and/or Mox making an appearance after main event match, but next challenger should be determined by NJ Cup so it doesn't really matter that much.

And I could see NJ Cup finals being Sanada/White so White takes the win here, Sanada takes it in NJ Cup and White likely beats Sanada in G1 to close the feud.

·
Registered
22,876 Posts
Given that Mox took the pin fall loss in a tag match against Suzuki a week ago, I see him winning here. Though honestly I don’t know where he goes from here if he does win. Who challenges him? Would he be in the NJPW Cup.

White winning here to set something else up for Sanada later on just seems obvious.

Hiromu is going to beat Lee. I just hope they’re careful out there. I’d laugh if they worked a mostly clean and technical match just to subvert expectations.

And with the main event, if this was just for the IC title I could see Kenta winning. But for both belts? Nah.

·
Registered
10,905 Posts
Mox wins the title vs Jericho he won't be able to job in Japan right? So he needs to drop the NJPW US Title before then. When would he be booked for NJPW between now and Revolution?

·
Registered
22,876 Posts
Mox wins the title vs Jericho he won't be able to job in Japan right? So he needs to drop the NJPW US Title before then. When would he be booked for NJPW between now and Revolution?
You would think, but Mox just took the pin in a tag match last week against Suzuki. The same Mox who has not been pinned in AEW and is challenging Jericho for the title at the end of the month. So who knows really.

The only match he would have in NJPW between now and Revolution is the match with Suzuki tomorrow. So if he wins tomorrow, he'll be US Champ going into Revolution.

·
Registered
10,905 Posts
You would think, but Mox just took the pin in a tag match last week against Suzuki. The same Mox who has not been pinned in AEW and is challenging Jericho for the title at the end of the month. So who knows really.

The only match he would have in NJPW between now and Revolution is the match with Suzuki tomorrow. So if he wins tomorrow, he'll be US Champ going into Revolution.
If he retains tomorrow me thinks he's losing to Jericho at Revolution and some how gets a return match at DoN II for the eventual win.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Given that Mox took the pin fall loss in a tag match against Suzuki a week ago, I see him winning here. Though honestly I don’t know where he goes from here if he does win. Who challenges him? Would he be in the NJPW Cup.
If I'm not mistaken announcement for NJ Cup will be made during Nakanishi's retirement show, but it looks like they have same amount of dates for it like last year so I'd guess all champs would be in it again for a right to challenge the double champ.

My fantasy booking scenario would be to put Mox/Yano on first round and have Yano win again that leads to title match on Sakura Genesis show.

·
Registered
22,876 Posts
If I'm not mistaken announcement for NJ Cup will be made during Nakanishi's retirement show, but it looks like they have same amount of dates for it like last year so I'd guess all champs would be in it again for a right to challenge the double champ.

My fantasy booking scenario would be to put Mox/Yano on first round and have Yano win again that leads to title match on Sakura Genesis show.
I can just imagine it. Mox coming out with both his AEW and US Titles and then getting beat by Yano again. It's too perfect not to do, lol.

·
None. More. Hated.
5,283 Posts
Really good show overall.

Jay vs. Sanada was good. My God, the skull end makes me wanna punch a hole in my TV. STOP USING THAT. ITS SO STUPID. Jay busting out the regal plex was sick.

Lee vs. Hiromu was just..yeah. What can you really say?

Mox vs. Suzuki was a lot of fucking fun. Air popped out of the building when Mox hit the second death rider. Crowd wanted Suzuki to go over. Fun ass match.

Kenta vs. Naito..I mean..again..Why is this going 30 plus minutes? Add in the Bullet Club stuff and this whole thing took over 40 minutes, for a match that everyone knew the result of before the bell rang. Just nonsense really. The last 10 minutes were fun as hell with Jay and Hiromus run ins, and Naito bleeding and the false finishes, but God, getting there was just..I dunno. Whatever.

·
Registered
22,876 Posts
Only really saw the last 4 matches plus the ends of some of the Multiman Tags.

*Not sure what the point was of Okada going 30+ minutes with Taichi if he was just going to beat him pretty handily in this tag match. Tanahashi and Ibushi challenging for the tag titles would be a nice little thing for them to do before they do something bigger, but it's still sad seeing Juice feel like he's the odd man out again.

*White vs. Sanada was pretty good. I wondered how good it would be because I never know how Sanada is going to match up with people, but this worked. I think it works because Sanada is good with counter wrestling and White is one of the best at that. Sanada going for that sliced bread move scared the shit out me because he spiked himself but thankfully he seemed OK. Finish was kind of lame. I know White usually hits that Bloody Sunday type move before he hits the Blade Runner but instead of dropping Sanda on his head, it looked just a regular suplex. But again, a solid match.

*Hiromu vs. Lee.....I mean what else can you say? They chopped the shit out of each other which was a nice new wrinkle they added to their rivalry. They no sold Germans over and over which I'm not crazy about. Lee hit one of the most crazy Suicide Dives I've ever seen. And there was just a bunch of crazy spots mixed in there too. I actually thought by the end of the match they had slowed down a lot from their crazy pace, but still, what else can you say.

*Mox vs. Suzuki is the match I've been waiting for and it didn't disappoint. Starting the match with a chair duel seems like the only way a Mox vs. Suzuki match could start. Suzuki destroying Mox's arm with a chair was a good spot, as was Mox Powerbombing Suzuki thorough a table. And fucking Suzuki smiled after it. Moxley and especially Suzuki's selling and facial expressions were on point here. Every big strike was memorable because of it. Overall fun match.

Now ZSJ as Mox's next opponent? Can't say I expected that. I totally expect ZSJ to drop the British Title to Ospreay next week, but I can't see ZSJ being THE ONE to beat Mox here. But we'll see.

*Naito vs. Kenta ended up being pretty good by the end, but it wasn't a match I was interested in the whole time. They stalled for 5 minutes and then Kenta dominated the next 10 minutes or so. And I was fine with that. But then Naito made his comeback and it as pretty even for the next 10-15 minutes. And it never really grabbed me. Honestly the match didn't get really good until White and Hiromu got involved. And then Naito got busted open and that added to the drama. And thankfully it all ended after 1 real Destino.

·
None. More. Hated.
5,283 Posts
Only really saw the last 4 matches plus the ends of some of the Multiman Tags.

*Not sure what the point was of Okada going 30+ minutes with Taichi if he was just going to beat him pretty handily in this tag match. Tanahashi and Ibushi challenging for the tag titles would be a nice little thing for them to do before they do something bigger, but it's still sad seeing Juice feel like he's the odd man out again.

*White vs. Sanada was pretty good. I wondered how good it would be because I never know how Sanada is going to match up with people, but this worked. I think it works because Sanada is good with counter wrestling and White is one of the best at that. Sanada going for that sliced bread move scared the shit out me because he spiked himself but thankfully he seemed OK. Finish was kind of lame. I know White usually hits that Bloody Sunday type move before he hits the Blade Runner but instead of dropping Sanda on his head, it looked just a regular suplex. But again, a solid match.

*Hiromu vs. Lee.....I mean what else can you say? They chopped the shit out of each other which was a nice new wrinkle they added to their rivalry. They no sold Germans over and over which I'm not crazy about. Lee hit one of the most crazy Suicide Dives I've ever seen. And there was just a bunch of crazy spots mixed in there too. I actually thought by the end of the match they had slowed down a lot from their crazy pace, but still, what else can you say.

*Mox vs. Suzuki is the match I've been waiting for and it didn't disappoint. Starting the match with a chair duel seems like the only way a Mox vs. Suzuki match could start. Suzuki destroying Mox's arm with a chair was a good spot, as was Mox Powerbombing Suzuki thorough a table. And fucking Suzuki smiled after it. Moxley and especially Suzuki's selling and facial expressions were on point here. Every big strike was memorable because of it. Overall fun match.

Now ZSJ as Mox's next opponent? Can't say I expected that. I totally expect ZSJ to drop the British Title to Ospreay next week, but I can't see ZSJ being THE ONE to beat Mox here. But we'll see.

*Naito vs. Kenta ended up being pretty good by the end, but it wasn't a match I was interested in the whole time. They stalled for 5 minutes and then Kenta dominated the next 10 minutes or so. And I was fine with that. But then Naito made his comeback and it as pretty even for the next 10-15 minutes. And it never really grabbed me. Honestly the match didn't get really good until White and Hiromu got involved. And then Naito got busted open and that added to the drama. And thankfully it all ended after 1 real Destino.

I think Jay was hesitant to drop Sanada on his neck with the wrist clutch suplex after he had just almost died on the sliced bread. Lol.

Talk on reddit that Naito used a blood packet...Im not sure. He got that color FAST and I was 100 percent sure it was real until it just kinda stayed perfectly plastered on his face the entire postmatch, didnt really roll with his sweat or anything. I dunno, no blood expert here.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts