Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 154 Posts

·
Le Champion
18,785 Posts
Yeah I've got SANADA winning this regardless of who's champ but this really feels like a year where anything can happen.

If you can have SANADA go over both EVIL and Okada en route to the main event of WK against Naito? Well you're just printing money right there buddy

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Sanada vs Evil or Ibushi vs Tanahashi are 2 finals I can see so far. Or with Tana, perhaps him vs Ibushi can be final day Block match for either to make the final. In that case, would love Ibushi vs ZSJ with ZSJ getting rub by being a finalist.

Sanada vs Evil with Naito regaining title at Summer Struggle seems the best option. Sanada not only gets the G1 win but a win over former double champ Evil helps him further. As for Evil, a WK match over BC could work with him vs Kenta or Jay White.

·
Le Champion
18,785 Posts
Really hope to see Dick Togo compete because that's a cool ass little novelty you never expected to see.

·
Registered
25,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
BREAKING !!!

The G1 Blocks will be announced on the 9/9 Road To show.
Neat. My guess for entrants, assuming there are no surprises:

Chaos:

1. Okada
2. Ishii
3. Goto
4. SHO
5. Yano
6. Yoshi Hashi

LIJ:

7. Naito
8. Shingo
9. Hiromu
10. Sanada

Suzuki Gun:

11. Suzuki
12. ZSJ
13. Taichi
14. Despy

Bullet Club:

15. Evil
16. Ishimori
17. Togo

Non Faction:

18. Tanahashi
19. Ibushi
20. Makabe

Guesses for Blocks:

A Block:

1. Okada
2. Ibushi
3. Ishii
4. Hiromu
5. Evil
6. ZSJ
7. Yano
8. Goto
9. Makabe
10. Despy

B Block:

1. Naito
2. Tanahashi
3. Shingo
4. Sanada
5. Suzuki
6. SHO
7. Togo
8. Ishimori
9. Taichi
10. Yoshi Hashi

·
Registered
682 Posts
Murder Grandpa is almost 100% a lock considering he is the NEVER Champ. Champs are always in the G1 unless they're injured or barred from the country.

·
Registered
25,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
@TD Stinger you forgot Yujiro and Kojima. I think they are in.
Have the participants been announced? These are just my guesses. I suppose you could put Yujiro in there for Togo. But I don't know who I would take out for Kojima to be in. I guess Despy would be the odd man out.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I don't think they will do more than 1 junior this year. They COULD do more but this is primarily a heavy-q tournament and unless they are short on heavies or they just have a bang ass junior that can fit in in heavyweight (like an Osprey for instance recently and in the past Prince Devitt-o). I think Kojima and Yujiro get in before the likes of Ishimori and Hiromu.

·
Registered
25,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Blocks were just announced:

A Block:

1. Ibushi
2. Okada
3. Ishii
4. Shingo
5. Yujiro
6. Taichi
7. Suzuki
8. Cobb
9. Ospreay
10. White

B Block:

1. Tanahashi
2. Goto
3. Yano
4. Yoshi Hashi
5. Sanada
6. Naito
7. Evil
8. ZSJ
9. Juice
10. Kenta

Cobb, Ospreay, White, Juice, and Kenta all making their returns.

@Corey @volde @BigCy @RainmakerV2

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Hell f'ning yh! Jay White, Will Ospreay, Kenta and Juice back for the G1!

Glad to see Suzuki in Block A with Ibushi, Okada, Shingo, Jay, Will and Ishii, think he was A to.

As for B, Tanahashi, ZSJ, Sanada, Kenta, Naito, Evil, Goto, Juice, Yano and more!

Loving these blocks already, so pumped got returns of Ospreay, Juice and Jay, and also Ishii vs Suzuki, Shingo, Okada, Will and Ibushi and then Suzuki vs Ibushi, Shingo, Okada and Ospreay and of course Okada vs Ospreay and Ibushi!

My only disappointment is no Okada vs Yano match up lol

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hiromu not beeing in the G1 is a bit disappointing, but otherwise the two Blocks (especially A) are stacked O.O

Reactions: DammitChrist

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I probably would have taken Kojima over Yujiro, but other than that these blocks are looking solid. Interesting thing is that none of the guys in it are debuting so kinda shows what a solid roster NJPW has developed over the years.

·
Le Champion
18,785 Posts
Hmmm well SANADA was always my pick but now I'm 2nd guessing it seeing that he's in the same block as Naito :unsure: :unsure:

This could be an extremely unpredictable tournament. A Block is loaded with competition.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I didn't think travel would be allowed from the states to Japan but I'm glad they worked it out somehow! Loaded G1, the weakest player in A Block is probably Takahashi while the weakest player in B Block is probably Juice but those 2 aren't horrible or anything. Looking like great matches all around. Some good first time matches as well (at least I don't remember some of them if they did happen or it's been awhile since they happened)...

A Block
Okada vs Shingo (you know you want it)
Shingo vs Jay Whito
Suzuki vs Jay Whito
Ospreay vs Shingo and Ishii

B Block
Tanahashi vs KENTA
SANADA vs EVIL
ZSJ vs KENTA
Tanahashi vs SANADA

FINALS PREDICTION (This will probably change when I can really think it through. The World Champ just misses the finals pretty much every year so no Naito but I would pick him in his block if he wasn't champ)

Jay Whito vs SANADA

OR

They do a weird BC supremacy thing and do
Jay Whito vs EVIL

21 - 40 of 154 Posts