Wrestling Forum banner

261 - 280 of 303 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
It would be too American but Osprey and O-Kharn should injury Ibushi prematch so Osprey can take his place in the finals.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
11,652 Posts
Match Ratings:

- 6.5/10 for Gabriel Kidd vs Yota Tsuji

- 6.5/10 for Yujiro Takahashi vs Jeff Cobb

- 9/10 for Shingo Tagaki vs Minoru Suzuki

- 9/10 for Will Ospreay vs Kazuchika Okada

- 8.5/10 for Taichi vs Kota Ibushi

- 10/10 for Jay White vs Tomohiro Ishii (MOTN)

Highlights:

Shingo Takagi manages to redeem himself here by beating Minoru Suzuki in a great match together! :)

Will Ospreay not only manages to pick up a MAJOR victory by beating Kazuchika Okada here thanks to outside help, but he ALSO turned heel too! It's really cool to see that Ospreay will get spotlighted even more in the future! :D

However, he still turned his back on his 'bigger brother' though :mj2

I don't think I've ever had so much fun watching Taichi and Kota Ibushi kick the shit out of each other! I LOVE the fact that they spent 17 MINUTES doing pretty much nothing but kicks! It just makes me appreciate the fact that those mini-kicking sequences between Taichi and Ibushi in those tag matches (which lasted between the ranges of 10 seconds through 30 seconds) from the NJPW-tour events back in late-July through early-September was ultimately building up to this THRILLING match here. That build-up paid off brilliantly! Ibushi advances further in the tournament, and MAJOR kudos to Taichi for arguably putting on his best effort here! I've enjoyed his really good matches here in this whole tournament, but I really feel Taichi tried his very best here against Ibushi in a pretty damn good match together.

Tomohiro Ishii closes out this tournament here with a BIG win over Jay White in an incredible match together! :drose

This means that Kota Ibushi advances to the G1 finals this Sunday, which is apparently going to be his 3rd year in a row doing so too! :bjpenn

Reactions: BigCy

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Is Naito vs Sanada/Ibushi a WK main event worthy match?

Would they book another main event than the heavyweight title match like WWE would do for WM?

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I would still prefer a Face VS Heel main event than a Face vs Face one. And I can't see a heel Ibushi or Sanada, in TNA it worked because he was some kind of Anti-Muta character but I am not sure about his current character especially after the way he beat one of the top heels in Evil.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Considering the rumors of Sanada for the NJ Cup, I think he will win the G1 and he is the only one who already has a storyline with Naito, Ingobernable vs Ingobernable.

Shouldn't he get two title matches if the wins the G1, one at WK and one earlier for beating the champ during the tournament?

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,626 Posts
I would still prefer a Face VS Heel main event than a Face vs Face one. And I can't see a heel Ibushi or Sanada, in TNA it worked because he was some kind of Anti-Muta character but I am not sure about his current character especially after the way he beat one of the top heels in Evil.
Dome main events are rarely heel vs face. Ibushi wouldn't go heel anyway. He's an uber babyface, the most babyface out of that top 4 so he's not turning ever probably. Plus he's on target to winning the title so they'd be stupid to turn him when they have a money run left like that

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
Is Naito vs Sanada/Ibushi a WK main event worthy match?
Absolutely. Even this year, it was conceivable that Ibushi could beat Okada and face Naito on Night 2, so It’s already been teased as a main event. I think this is finally the payoff for years of Ibushi being a bridesmaid and he’s on his way to winning the big one.

SANADA could win and we get “LIJ EXPLODES!” as the main event of WK15, but I doubt it.

EVIL vs Ibushi would’ve had more heat, but I do like the prospect of SANADA vs Ibushi. Of course, Japanese women are the real winners here.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Great last 2 nights. O-Kharn is back and looks great. Okada vs O-Kharn will likely be the semi-main for Power Struggle and maybe Naito faces SANADA or EBIR for the IC strap as the main for Power Struggle.

I think Ibushi wins the G1 tomorrow. Naito/SANADA at The Dome sounds lackluster and they would absolutely have to have a strong semi-main to make up for it.
Plus I think SANADA or EBIR get the shot at the IC strap for Power Struggle.

Naito vs Ibushi WK 15 Main with a new IC Champ in SANADA or EBIR going in to defend...or does Whito win the case and we get Naito vs Whito? Could be but thinking Ibushi vs Naito would make more sense and be the better match. Then SANADA could defend the IC against Whito, or EBIR could defend the IC against Whito in BC vs BC. Okada could face Osprey in a special singles match while Osprey begins debuting his new stable. Maybe GOAT-Hashi turns as well to breathe some new life in his character but I like him as the babyface underdog.

Any guesses on who will be in Ospreys New Stable? Osprey and O-Kharn for sure, guessing someone from Chaos turns, and someone from BC turns is my guess for now. Eventually I think they will have their format like the other stables...main heavyweight guy/leader, 2nd heavyweight IC/Openweight guy, 2 other heavies for tag and auxiliary members for lower card belts, 2 juniors for tag and auxiliary members for junior belt. 6-7 total likely.

8-2 on Pick Ems' Last 2 nights. 64-26 total. 71% correct. Looks like I beat my old best by 6% in 2018 when I did 65% correct. If I'm correct tomorrow it still stays at 71% but if I get it wrong then it goes to 70% but I still am up 5% from 2018. Last year I went 61%. Anyone else do the pick ems game?

·
Premium Member
4,288 Posts
G1 Climax Night 18

Toru Yano vs Yoshi Hashi * * 3/4
Decent enough match. I like that Yoshi was able to counter most of Yanos shenanigans

Juice Robinson vs Hirooki Goto * * * 1/4
Fairly good but a little disappointing given the quality of the two men

Hiroshi Tanahasi vs Zack Sabre Jr * * * 1/4
And so it continues these men will likely grapple each other till the heat death of the universe

KENTA vs Tetsuya Naito * * * 1/2
Pretty good and I'm fairly ready for a title match between the two. Not so hot on the finish. Roll ups aren't bad but if you are beating the champ to knock him out of the G1 and set up a title match you could probably stand to look a little stronger.

EVIL vs SANADA * * * 3/4
Good match with the doubt about the outcome and the high stakes making for a pretty dramatic affair. I hope SANADA has a great match with Ibushi that he loses.

Ibushi vs Naito is a perfectly fine WK main event under the circumstances. Sure they've had a lot of matches but most of them were really good and it's genuinely intriguing to see if Ibushi can win the big one. I love Ibushi and I'd love to see it happen. SANADA winning on the other hand would be an obnoxious over push that Vince McMahon himself would be proud of.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Ibushi vs. Naito
Ospreay vs. Okada
White vs. Evil

This seems like the obvious path for Wrestle Kingdom matches so far.

I'm also curious about who will join Ospreay. Chaos and Bullet Club are both bloated groups who could stand to lose a few guys that Ospreay could have. This is a great opportunity for a guy like Yoshi-Hashi. He either follows Ospreay, turning on his best friend Okada or stands by Okada and finally becomes a more prominent member for Chaos.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Ibushi vs. Naito
Ospreay vs. Okada
White vs. Evil

This seems like the obvious path for Wrestle Kingdom matches so far.

I'm also curious about who will join Ospreay. Chaos and Bullet Club are both bloated groups who could stand to lose a few guys that Ospreay could have. This is a great opportunity for a guy like Yoshi-Hashi. He either follows Ospreay, turning on his best friend Okada or stands by Okada and finally becomes a more prominent member for Chaos.
Was just thinking too that Osprey is the RevPro Heavyweight Champ so do they give Okada a shot at that? Also GOAT-Hashi is Never Openweight 6-Man Champ and I don't think they want to vacate it again out of the blue like that so I think if he does turn he drops the belt first. I'm guessing they drop the NEVER 6-Man titles at WK.

Here's my crude WK15 Card Predictions so far...

1. Naito vs Ibushi - IWGP World Heavy-Q
2. EBIR vs Whito - IWGP Intercontinental Heavy-Q
3. GOAT-kada vs Osprey - RevPro British Heavy-Q
4. Suzuki vs Shingo - NEVER Open-Q
5. Ishimorii vs Hiromu or Master Wato - IWGP World Junior Heavy-Q
6. ZSJ/Taichi vs Juice/Finlay (will they even have World Tag League this year?) - IWGP World Heavy-Q Tag Team
7. Kanemaru/Despe vs Ryusuke/Master Wato or Bushi/Hiromu - IWGP World Junior Heavy-Q Tag Team
8. Moxley vs KENTA - IWGP US Heavy-Q
9. NEVER Open-Q Gauntlet

261 - 280 of 303 Posts