Wrestling Forum banner

241 - 260 of 303 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I do love the unpredictable of the G1. Hoping now for Naito or Evil to win. Don't mind Sanada winning but I prefer to see Ibushi vs Naito or Evil. Evil just purely for more Bullet Club friction and the injured leg of Ibushi now seems so important. A not 100% Ibushi vs Evil w/ Dick seems to be story here and both Evil and Sanada have wins over Naito so can see both getting title shot against Naito prior to G1, perhaps even at the same show with Naito before saying he wants to defend the belt separately. Can see Sanada wanting IC especially with both being LIJ and normally faction members don't challenge so they could get around it with the IC. Or have Evil target IC if Sanada is challenging for whc, that way IC title can be involved in any potential BC civil war story.

With the IC title, can see Naito only losing that title before WK and surely he'll still be WHC going into WK.

·
None. More. Hated.
7,144 Posts
Id rather have Naito win G1 and pick someone tbh. Something about Ibushi has just never clicked with me. I dont really get it. Oh well.

·
Premium Member
4,288 Posts
G1 Climax Night 17

Jeff Cobb vs Yujiro Takahashi * * *
Certainly one of the Better Yujiro matches

Shingo vs Minoru Suzuki * * * *
All the macho chest thumping you want in a match with these two and this match, the tournament in general, has made Shingo look pretty strong

Will Ospreay vs Kazuchika Okada * * * * 1/4
I for one am delighted to see Will Ospreay and the Great O Kahn join Oedo Tai. I look forward to seeing their dance choreography. My only problem with the angle is Will looking surprised when it would make a lot more sense for it to be Wills plan all along. Maybe Bea will play a Lady MacBeth figure constantly pushing Will to be more and more villainous. If that's the case get ready for some of the most cringeworthy stuff you've ever seen.

Taichi vs Kota Ibushi * * * 3/4
I enjoyed kickfest 2020. My only complaint is that there was a knee to the face involved. This kind of thing flies in the face of the noble name of Kickfest.

Tomohiro Ishii vs Jay White * * * * 1/2
Fantastic match. I was so sure that Jay White was winning that it made it so dramatic. Ishii was seemingly always on the cusp of Blade Runner that would give Jay the block. A little too much interference from Gedo but most of it was used to give Ishii some shine.

So all right minded people now have to pray for Ibushi vs Naito part 12 at the Dome. It makes sense to use a match you've done before if the Dome is indeed limited capacity but it's hardly the most inspiring choice. But at this point the other options aren't worth considering. This also means that Okada wont be beating Naito this year which, even as someone who is more of an Okada fan, might have seemed a bit of a slap in the face of Naitos fans so soon after his big win. But it's probably still going to happen at some point.

·
Registered
724 Posts
They could do something like Naito wins B Block and faces Ibushi in the finals, Ibushi wins G1 and Naito gets the win back at WK. That would be kind of lame but would be safe for a limited capacity WK.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
They could do something like Naito wins B Block and faces Ibushi in the finals, Ibushi wins G1 and Naito gets the win back at WK. That would be kind of lame but would be safe for a limited capacity WK.
Yes, it would be lame. The best choice for me now would be Naito winning and choosing someone outside New Japan. It sucks that no promotion in Japan is even close to their level.

Imagine a champion vs champion against the Triple Crown champion or the GHC champion.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
How realistical would it be if Naito wins and chooses Rush for WK? I heard his contract with ROH is up at the end of the year and even so New Japan and ROH still have a working relationship?

241 - 260 of 303 Posts