Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1995 Posts

·
Registered
6,291 Posts
I was putting my bets on Naito being the early favorite. But seeing how Dominion went, now I wonder if it might be Ibushi instead?

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts
Please don't say such vile things, I don't need this kind of continued negativity in my life.
Things have changed, now I see Ibushi winning G1 and White challenging in one of the Destruction shows or at KOPW

Reactions: TJQ

·
Registered
24,584 Posts
OK, here's my hopes for the blocks:

A Block:

1. Naito
2. Tanahashi
3. Ospreay
4. White
5. Juice
6. ZSJ
7. Goto
8. Fale
9. Sanada
10. Cobb

B Block:

1. Okada
2. Ibushi
3. Suzuki
4. Mox
5. Ishii
6. Yano
7. Shingo
8. Makabe
9. Evil
10. Kenta

In the B Block, we have all the bruisers, crazy people, and big time strikers. You can have guys like Mox, Suzuki, Ishii, Shingo, Evil, Makabe, Kenta, etc. beat the hell out of each other. Okada and Ibushi are the 2 biggest names. And Yano's in there trying to survive all the bruisers, lol.

And in the A Block you have a lot more of the more technical wrestlers going at it.

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,440 Posts
So excited for this. Can't get here soon enough :mark

Reactions: TD Stinger

·
KNEE DA PEOPLE
2,473 Posts
OK, here's my hopes for the blocks:

A Block:

1. Naito
2. Tanahashi
3. Ospreay
4. White
5. Juice
6. ZSJ
7. Goto
8. Fale
9. Sanada
10. Cobb

B Block:

1. Okada
2. Ibushi
3. Suzuki
4. Mox
5. Ishii
6. Yano
7. Shingo
8. Makabe
9. Evil
10. Kenta

In the B Block, we have all the bruisers, crazy people, and big time strikers. You can have guys like Mox, Suzuki, Ishii, Shingo, Evil, Makabe, Kenta, etc. beat the hell out of each other. Okada and Ibushi are the 2 biggest names. And Yano's in there trying to survive all the bruisers, lol.

And in the A Block you have a lot more of the more technical wrestlers going at it.
I like this - I'd prefer Mox in a A Block for a few reasons.

Mox v Tanahashi
Mox v Juice rematch
Mox v White
Mox v Ospreay

Then leads to a Mox v Okada final. Jericho interference against Mox to ensure he gets his Okada rematch at WK then can carry that feud into AEW after the AEW World Championship match.

edit: Could even have Jericho in B Block and place 2nd behind Okada.

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,626 Posts
Whatever happens, Ishii and Shingo need to be in the same block.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Ospreay wants in too...good. :yoda

Even after Moxley, Shingo, & KENTA of all names, this is what I'm wanting the most. Especially after his fantastic Super Juniors. Will Emu forever.

This tournament on paper is already starting to raise eyebrows on if it can contend with 2014's overall. (even if the finals that year wasn't up to par with the rest of the tournament) No full listing yet, but Dominion laid the hype on very thick. I love wrestling.

·
Registered
6,291 Posts
Ospreay trying to become the first man to win the BOSJ and the G1 in the same year is a ready-made storyline. Especially given his comments that he wants to essentially blur the lines between JR and HW as it is.

·
Le Champion
18,735 Posts
Idk what's been said in this thread yet because I'm very behind in my NJPW viewing, but I'm assuming the consensus is that Ibushi is winning this year's G1 since they put that GOD FORSAKEN FUCKING IC TITLE back on Naito??

Either way this is gonna be a killer fucking year for the tourney with the likes of KENTA, Moxley, and Shingo. Absolutely love it.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I'm still with Jay White winning.

But I'll feel more secured on my pick once the field/Blocks are fully announced.

·
Registered
24,584 Posts
Idk what's been said in this thread yet because I'm very behind in my NJPW viewing, but I'm assuming the consensus is that Ibushi is winning this year's G1 since they put that GOD FORSAKEN FUCKING IC TITLE back on Naito??

Either way this is gonna be a killer fucking year for the tourney with the likes of KENTA, Moxley, and Shingo. Absolutely love it.
The consensus is either Ibushi or Naito to fulfill his dream of becoming a double champion.

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,620 Posts
I'm still with Jay White winning.

But I'll feel more secured on my pick once the field/Blocks are fully announced.
I'm thinking the finals for White, at a minimum. Although winning is an option too. I was going with Naito vs White for the finals given they've been saving that for a special occasion, and the G1 Finals are perfect for the place.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
3 Things I want this G1:

1) a Mox vs Archer match.

2) No ZSJ or Fale singles matches in Dallas. I’m traveling a long way and I don’t want to have these guys waste a singles spot on the card

3) Ishii to win the G1

·
Le Champion
18,735 Posts
Moxley just needs to have a HUGE matchup for that opening night in Dallas to really push their ticket sales. He's on top of the wrestling world right now so if he gets any of Naito, Ibushi, or Okada on that first night then it's gonna be a slam dunk for the company.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I'm thinking the finals for White, at a minimum. Although winning is an option too. I was going with Naito vs White for the finals given they've been saving that for a special occasion, and the G1 Finals are perfect for the place.
The exact scenario I've been thinking, too. Of course, we'll have to see the blocks, but it's clear to most that Switchblade vs Naito for the first time is being saved for a big stage. Climax in general, Climax finals, or maybe even Wrestle Kingdom. These are looking like the destinations.

41 - 60 of 1995 Posts