Wrestling Forum banner

361 - 380 of 1995 Posts

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,979 Posts
A thought has hit me, folks. What if the winner isn't White, Kota Tana, Naito, or Okada. What if its Goto. What if the man who can't win the big win finally wins the big one. I would be shocked if he won, but I'm not counting it out.

·
Registered
24,457 Posts
Great response.

Fuck it. GOTO FOR THE GI WINNER
Mr. March couldn't even make it past the 1st round in the New Japan Cup. And I don't see Gedo and co. finally deciding to pull the trigger on him going into a Double Dome show as a #1 Contender for their top prize.

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,979 Posts
Mr. March couldn't even make it past the 1st round in the New Japan Cup. And I don't see Gedo and co. finally deciding to pull the trigger on him going into a Double Dome show as a #1 Contender for their top prize.
:mj2 You live to crush my dreams.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I was half kidding but with a gun to my head I'd make the same prediction with Jay's name in place of Goto's. Thinking/hoping Jay wins the G1, drops the case to Naito, Naito finally beats Okada in the main even of WK then eventually Jay takes the title off him.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #370
I think finals have already sold out so they don't need to draw anything, they just need a big match that would be satisfying for the fans.
That's what I meant. Draw not for attendance, but for interest/hype/something huge.

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Goto could have been a chance years ago before they made the winner get the WK Main event spot. But ever since then it's only going to be a 3 or 4 people max who have the potential of winning it.

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,626 Posts
My Night 2 Predictions

Juice over Shingo

Naito over Yano

Moxley over Taichi

Goto over White

Ishii over Cobb

Juice and Shingo is the hardest to call with how well built and hot Shingo is. But 1st timers usually struggle out of the gate and Juice has built himself into a really solid position. He needs it more after losing to Moxley as well.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Night 2:

SHINGO over Juice
Moxley over Taichi
Naito over Yano
Cobb over Ishii
Goto over White

Night 3:

Archer over Fale
Ospreay over SANADA
ZSJ over Okada
Ibushi over EVIL
Tanahashi over KENTA

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #375
The Wrestle Kingdom thing is a bit of a hindrance in terms of making it seem like they could take more of a chance with the Climax winners/finalists. But I also understand Gedo's streamlined process and it has worked at the same time. (well, minus the 2014 flub, but we're passed that.) The tournament winners/finalists may be more select, but at least the tournament itself and those who get entry is still plenty diverse & worth watching. The sum of its parts, and all that.

·
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
5,600 Posts
Juice over Shingo
Moxley over Taichi
Naito over Yano
Cobb over Ishii
Goto over White

Fale over Archer
SANADA over Ospreay
Okada over ZSJ
Ibushi over EVIL
KENTA over Tanahashi

After getting 1 right I think last week, think these results are more in line with their booking habits. Heavyweight over the Junior like last week, LIJ over Yano, newcomer over Ishii and Goto's been built for a series against White I think.

Then Fale gets that big-man protection due to longevity, another Heavy over Junior, I don't think Okada's going to lose a non-main event as champion but you never know. Then Ibushi gets a win on the board and KENTA takes a big win which leads to Okada beating him 'for NJPW pride' later on.

Super excited for these two cards. Night two is weaker but hopefully it's deceptive.

·
Registered
24,457 Posts
Night 2:

*Shingo over Juice: Think Shingo gets a good win to start his G1 career and Juice at this point in his career has been a guy who does more losing than winning in this tournament. I think he could lose quite a few matches as he continues to find himself leading into his big rematch with Mox at the end of the G1.

*Mox over Taichi: I just hope Mox does something creatively vile with Taichi's microphone stand.

*Naito over Yano: Predictable winner, but will entertaining nonetheless.

*Cobb over Ishii: Think Cobb establishes himself her with a big win in his 1st G1 and sets up anther match down the road for the title.

*Goto over White: White's going to be candidate to win the whole thing, but I think Goto gets some measure of revenge here.

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,620 Posts
The next set of matches look good. Moxley vs Taichi is interesting if nothing else whether you're a fan of Taichi (I am but I know his limits). Juice Robinson vs Shingo Takagi sounds great. A totally new and unique match-up between wrestlers with different styles. I can't wait to see it play out. I think Juice will get a big push in the tournament. Yano vs Naito will be fun for the antics. I don't remember the last Naito/Yano had a match so it should be good. Naito is at his best when he actually plays into his character. Not a big Cobb fan but his interactions between him and Ishii in Dallas was great so I expect the more of the same here. I enjoyed Goto vs White last time out, even if it wasn't the greatest match either's had but it's interesting that they chose to build this match up when they could've done a throw away rematch. Hopefully they follow through on the build and after this match too.

·
Le Champion
18,717 Posts
Juice vs. Shingo could really go either way... but I'm gonna go with JUICE

MOX over Taichi

Naito over Yano

Cobb over Ishii to setup a NEVER Title match on the Destruction tour or even at Royal Quest

Goto over White 100%

361 - 380 of 1995 Posts