Wrestling Forum banner

1981 - 1995 of 1995 Posts

·
WF's AKB Fan
5,757 Posts
Not at all actually :lol it was too many days in a row.

By the end of the G1 I felt myself getting burned out and more looking forward to the days where there wasn't a show than the days where there was.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,251 Posts
I hope they don't do something as boring as Okada winning the G1, that'll up my sickness of him by a thousand. Ibushi is who i want to win, its time they put the belt on him and run with him.
I said this almost a month ago, he was my pick for the G1, and i was right. Ibushi's gonna go to WK and take that fucking belt.

·
None. More. Hated.
6,360 Posts
I said this almost a month ago, he was my pick for the G1, and i was right. Ibushi's gonna go to WK and take that fucking belt.
Okada is beating him. White beat him in the dome last year, Okada is not losing the belt in the dome this year. I dont like it either, but ive learned to deal.

If they're not doing the mini tourney, I would have Ibushi beat Okada, then White beat Ibushi at Dominion. But then you're booking Okada without the belt, which Im not sure Gedo knows how to do anymore.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,251 Posts
Okada is beating him. White beat him in the dome last year, Okada is not losing the belt in the dome this year. I dont like it either, but ive learned to deal.

If they're not doing the mini tourney, I would have Ibushi beat Okada, then White beat Ibushi at Dominion. But then you're booking Okada without the belt, which Im not sure Gedo knows how to do anymore.
Well tbf you also said Ibushi vs Okada wasn't main eventing WK

Nah. Okada vs. Ibushi is not gonna main event WK. Okada vs. Naito will be the match, its just a question of if Naito wins G1 to get there, or if Okada wins G1 and grants him the shot.
I think we all know you can't really predict what NJPW is gonna do or whos gonna win at any given time.

·
Used to be a Dreamer, Dreamin' of a Fire
6,414 Posts
I couldn't do it this year. I just didn't have the "22 hours of action, over 40 days and 148 matches". I did avoid this subforum like death because I figured I'd catch up on every match eventually. I got through Archer vs Osprey and just went ahead to the final lol. I'll surely go through this thread for the highlights and hits from KENTA, Ishii, Shingo, Moxley etc

I wasn't exactly surprised to see Ibushi and White in the thumbnail. Just a little disappointed. White has his moments but his big push has been one of the main factors in me really checking out of NJPW this year.

Ibushi is probably my favorite wrestler in the company, of all time so I'm glad to see him win. I thought the match was boring as hell, especially compared to past G1 Finals.

But Naito ain't far behind. Goddamn it he's still the most interesting character in the company and he's still just kinda ain't doing shit is he? Ibushi vs Naito is my Yankees vs Red Sox and I sure as hell won't mind that as a dome main.

I haven't watched the G1 so I can't talk too much shit about it. But the fact that we saw Okada vs Ibushi, Ibushi potentially getting a match at the next PPV because he beat the champ in the G1 and then getting to challenge again at the dome (unless he wins and then challenges Naito) - what a quagmire

Edit - I also don't mind if Moxley vs Okada is pushed off for a couple of years. No reason to give it all away right now. Let Moxley be at the biggest level he can be in AEW and do a champ vs champ or Ace vs Ace match

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,992
So is he cleared to wrestle again? or was this just a one time thing to get KENTA a ton of heat?
The latter. A one off, and they all made sure not to attack Shibata's head because of not being cleared.

1981 - 1995 of 1995 Posts