Wrestling Forum banner

NJPW Fighting Spirit Unleashed USA 2019 - 9/27, 9/28, 9/29

4788 Views 51 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  Corey

NJPW's Fighting Spirit Unleash tour will begin at the Lowell Memorial Auditorium in Lowell, Massachusetts on Friday, September 27. The second show will take place at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City on Saturday, September 28, then the tour will conclude at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on Sunday, September 29.

Tickets for the shows will go on sale on Friday, July 26.

NJPW noted that "September 28 will see a particularly emotional night in the Hammerstein Ballroom, as legendary referee Tiger Hattori counts down to his retirement."

The Lowell and New York City shows will begin at 7 p.m. Eastern time, while the Philadelphia event will start at 5 p.m. Eastern.

NJPW last came to the East Coast this April when they partnered with ROH for G1 Supercard at Madison Square Garden.

As was previously announced, NJPW's Super J-Cup tournament will take place across three shows on the West Coast in August. The Super J-Cup dates are in Tacoma, Washington on Thursday, August 22, San Francisco, California on Saturday, August 24, and Long Beach, California on Sunday, August 25.
This looks cool. The atmosphere of these shows in places like the 2300 Arena and Hammerstein will be great and the look will be much better than being somewhere like the American Airlines Arena.
See less

NJPW's Fighting Spirit Unleash tour will begin at the Lowell Memorial Auditorium in Lowell, Massachusetts on Friday, September 27. The second show will take place at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City on Saturday, September 28, then the tour will conclude at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on Sunday, September 29.

Tickets for the shows will go on sale...
See more
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

· Registered
60,898 Posts
American Airlines Arena wasn't sold out, but that still had a fantastic atmosphere. Seeing New Japan in a place that large was rad. That said, I'm loving all three of these venues upcoming for them to run events in. ECW Arena, Hammerstein, AND Lowell? Brilliant.

The Tiger Hattori farewell tour commences.

· Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
5,012 Posts
ECW Arena and Hammerstein are sold out. I've got my tickets for Lowell which is an awesome arena for wrestling. I'm really hoping for Liger.

Any way of knowing who is on the card?

· Le Champion
18,892 Posts
Same day sellout. If they could just somehow figure out a nice happy medium between running 1k-2k seat venues that sell out in minutes and 15,000 seat venues that aren't even halfway full it would be perfect. :lol

Joking aside very happy they both sold out so quickly. I REALLY hope fans don't expect these cards to be loaded though. It's dead smack in between the end of the Destruction tour and King of Pro Wrestling (October 14th) so I have no idea what to expect in terms of matches.

Moxley will not be there though. I can go ahead and say that right now.

· Registered
138 Posts
Same day sellout. If they could just somehow figure out a nice happy medium between running 1k-2k seat venues that sell out in minutes and 15,000 seat venues that aren't even halfway full it would be perfect. :lol

Joking aside very happy they both sold out so quickly. I REALLY hope fans don't expect these cards to be loaded though. It's dead smack in between the end of the Destruction tour and King of Pro Wrestling (October 14th) so I have no idea what to expect in terms of matches.

Moxley will not be there though. I can go ahead and say that right now.
The cards might not be stacked, but expect all the big stars there with Okada, Ibushi, Naitio, and Tanahashi on the poster, and the fact that there will be no ROH talent to round out the card and that there isn't any other shows going on in Japan at the time.

I suspect the NYC and Philly shows will be stronger on paper than Lowell, however.

· Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
14,984 Posts
I'll be at the Lowell show, hoping they dont short change us just cause of the other 2 shows. Either way I'm happy though, I went to Supercard and had the time of my life.

The fact that I can drive an hour away and see a NJPW show makes me so happy.

· Registered
30,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We'll know about the cards probably only in late September when Destruction tour will wrap up. But I'm sure that we'll have people complaining about how this isn't what they paid for.
I think fans will be satisfied enough as long as they get all the stars. Even the shows earlier this year would have been fine if they at least got guys like Ishii and Goto.

With these shows being in the Hammerstein and 2300 Arena, I would assume every NJPW guy will be on the shows, with at least one solid main event match for each show.

· Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
5,012 Posts
https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/08/tommaso-ciampa-roh-throwback-match-658872/

- As noted, NJPW is headed to the east coast in September, first in Lowell, MA on September 27, Manhattan on September 28, and finally, Philadelphia on September 29. Lowell still has tickets available, but the other two shows are sold out. NJPW announced the following are scheduled to appear: Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kota Ibushi, Kazuchika Okada (Lowell and Manhattan only), Tomohiro Ishii, Hirooki Goto, YOSHI-HASHI, Tetsuya Naito, EVIL, SANADA, Shingo Takagi, BUSHI, Jay White, Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa, and KENTA. More wrestlers and matches will be announced soon.

Looks great so far. Iwonde r why Okada won't be in Philly. I'm still holding out hope for Liger.

· Registered
60,898 Posts
If anyone had any doubts, plenty of the roster's upper card is making the trip. Appears another issue like earlier this year won't be happening again. That's good.

Okada probably has some kind of prior engagement that has him traveling back to Japan on the final day.

· Registered
313 Posts
Ricky Morton trained Chase Owens, and lately Chase has been going over to commentary and claiming Morton has nothing to do with his success. I expect there will be a confrontation with Owens getting a rub from the legend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.