Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the brackets and players have been announced.

Best of the Super Juniors

1. Taiji Ishimori
2. Hiromu Takahashi
3. SHOw
4. BUSHI
5. Yoshinobu Kanemaru
6. El Desperado
7. Robbie Eagleson
8. "Master" Wato
9. Ryusuke Taguchi
10. DOUKI

Super J-Cup

1. El Phantasmo
2. Lio Rush
3. ACH
4. Blake Christian
5. Chris Bey
6. TJP
7. Rey Horus
8. Clark Connors

World Tag League

1. Tanahashi / Henare
2. David Finlay / Juice Robinson
3. Bad Rack Ware / Chase Owenson
4. Tama Tanga / Tanga Loa
5. Great O-Kharn / New Empire Member (speculation?)
6. Hiroki Goto / Yoshi-Hashi
7. Tomohiro Ishii / Toru Yano
8. Shingo Takagi / SANADA
9. Taichi / Zack Sabre Jr.
10. EVIL / Yujiro Takahashi

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm thinking SHO takes BOTSJ this year. They need a fresh face in that top bracket and dude can go. I don't really want to see another Hiromu / Ishimori anytime too soon. SHO vs Ishimori for WK sounds like a great match.

I'm thinking the winner of Lio Rush/El Phantasmo wins Super J-Cup. I could also see TJP getting it or if Impact is now working with NJ then a maybe on Bey but gotta go with Lio Rush or El Phantasmo.

I'm thinking Guerillas win WTL as I don't think they've ever won it and they have been out of the tag loop for a while but Taichi and ZSJ are heels so they may want to go with a more face team so if that's the case I can see FinJuice winning it also or a maybe on Takagi/SANADA.

Any thoughts/ideas on who will team with O'Kharn? Lol at Will Osprey almost looking like Mr. Peanut now.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
With Rampage Brown going to NXT UK, hopefully Kharn's partner is either Mark Haskins or Sha Samuels. Sha is rumoured to be heading to NXT UK as well but Haskins could be a possibility as he was/is apart of ROH. Haskins and Sha was apart of RevPro The Legion stable with O'Kharn so Sha or Haskins would be perfect.

As for winners, I'll go with who I think and who'd I would love:

BOSJ
Think: Hiromu
Want: Hiromu or Eagles
Woudnt mind Eagles joining The Empire, to follow Ospreay, but Eagles vs Ishimori has history to warrant a match up. Perhaps not WK worthy though.

Super J Cup
Think: El Phantasma
Want: El Phantasma
Would Re establish Phantasma to audience and also setup future match vs Ishimori and further BC Civil War tension.

WTL
Think: GOD
Want: tana/henare, Chaos pairing (Goto/Yoshi or Ishii/Yano)
Don't want God as either of the other 3 will further ZSJ vs Chaos or ZSJ vs Tana story. Tana winning WTL would be awesome and also help to push Henare.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I'm only going to venture a guess at Super J Cup because I haven't been following closely enough to make a prediction on the other two. I'd go with ACH. Gedo always liked him and New Japan kept bringing him over even after he left ROH.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Nice, cobb in new member of The Empire and now O'Kharn and Cobb are a very strong team. Hoping to see an attire tweak for Cobb to, to further his heel turn, much like Evil did when he joined BC.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good opening night Got to see all the players in action. Didn't expect Cobb to go Empire but I think someone predicted him so good job whoever that was.

I'll guess FinJuice, O'Khan/Cobb, and SANADA/Tagaki get booked strong even though they probably won't win. Still thinking it will be Guerillas for WTL and SHO for BOTSJ.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It looked like they were setting up Eagles vs. Hiromu pre-pandemic, so I'm picking my boy Robbie Eagles to take BOSJ this year.
I've always liked Robbie Eagles so I would be down for that for sure. Not a fan of his new entrance music thoiugh.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
If Eagles does win then hopefully he follows Ospreay and joins his Empire group as he'd be their Jr ace. Chaos have Sho and Yoh and with Ospreay moving up, him having his own Jr star apart of his group would finish the Empire group with a good base of 4 guys plus Bea with tag l, Jr and then US, IC or Never division for Ospreay. Will is another that is perfect for IC division once they separate the titles.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If Eagles does win then hopefully he follows Ospreay and joins his Empire group as he'd be their Jr ace. Chaos have Sho and Yoh and with Ospreay moving up, him having his own Jr star apart of his group would finish the Empire group with a good base of 4 guys plus Bea with tag l, Jr and then US, IC or Never division for Ospreay. Will is another that is perfect for IC division once they separate the titles.
Usually the leader of each faction is a World Title guy so I think they move Osprey to the World Title "bracket." Maybe Cobb can be the IC guy (if they split it) and O-Kharn can be NEVER guy. Eagles for Jr would work and then they need a another jr for jr tag and another heavy for heavy tag team and they're set.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
If they are serious with Wills push, then a win over Okada at WK (via cheating) and a New Japan Cup 2021 win would help to establish him as top Njpw guy, and good opponent for Naito and Ibushi. Actually want to see Shingo vs O'Kharn now to. Mark Haskins would be great for Empire to, if he's still in ROH and talent partnership is still working, but I'd still love to see El Phantasma leave BC for Empire. Having Phantasma and Ishimori as 2 top Jr's in BC is overkill unless they intend on splitting of to BC Japan with Evil, Yurijo, Ishimori, Kenta and Dick Togo. Then BC as Jay, Phantasma, Guerrillas, Fale and Chase.

Anyways back to WTL, anyone find it strange with FinJuice that they don't have matching gear? May just be me but I like strong booked tag teams to have matching gear. Finlays trousers to me fit perfect with Juices gimmicks with black main style fitting "blue brothers" current gimmick and the mass of colour fits Juices old 'Macho man' over the top colours. Or, just have Finlay dress as blue brothers to when they tag.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If they are serious with Wills push, then a win over Okada at WK (via cheating) and a New Japan Cup 2021 win would help to establish him as top Njpw guy, and good opponent for Naito and Ibushi. Actually want to see Shingo vs O'Kharn now to. Mark Haskins would be great for Empire to, if he's still in ROH and talent partnership is still working, but I'd still love to see El Phantasma leave BC for Empire. Having Phantasma and Ishimori as 2 top Jr's in BC is overkill unless they intend on splitting of to BC Japan with Evil, Yurijo, Ishimori, Kenta and Dick Togo. Then BC as Jay, Phantasma, Guerrillas, Fale and Chase.

Anyways back to WTL, anyone find it strange with FinJuice that they don't have matching gear? May just be me but I like strong booked tag teams to have matching gear. Finlays trousers to me fit perfect with Juices gimmicks with black main style fitting "blue brothers" current gimmick and the mass of colour fits Juices old 'Macho man' over the top colours. Or, just have Finlay dress as blue brothers to when they tag.
Your first paragraph sums up my feelings pretty much verbatim. It really does depend on if they want GOAT-kada back in the World Title Picture soon or not. If so then they may put him over Osprey but I'm leaning 80/20 that they give Osprey the W to establish him as the top of The Empire, World Title Gaijin Ace, and a serious contender. Guessing he'll get the W by someone from Chaos turning or someone new costs him the match and then Okada feuds with them for a bit. Early guess that could change but I'm guessing Okada wins the next G1 and goes back on top at WK 16.

I like Juice's new look if I'm being honest, he looks more legit to me and his face looks better too. Finlay smiles too much for me to take him too seriously but in ring he's decent. But I think if Finlay dressed like Juice then I could take the team more seriously.

·
None. More. Hated.
7,398 Posts
Anyone else take a break from NJPW during these two months? Sorry but I just dont have it in me to watch a 20 min Sho vs. Douki match. I got other hobbies lol

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anyone else take a break from NJPW during these two months? Sorry but I just dont have it in me to watch a 20 min Sho vs. Douki match. I got other hobbies lol
Gnaw, it's NJPW all year round for me. I know this is the slow time of year though as I know WTL doesn't have a lot of the hype that G1, NJC, or BOTSJ does. I like tag wrestling and tournaments in general though so WTL is almost a must watch for me. There have been some good matches on the tour, you might be missing out bruh.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts