Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 422 Posts

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The silver anniversary of the PREMIERE tournament for the best Juniors in NJPW that has been a showcase of some of the greatest matches in the company's history.

A Block:

IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champion Will Ospreay
Taiji Ishimori
ACH
YOH
Flip Gordon
BUSHI
Yoshinobu Kanemaru
Tiger Mask IV

B Block:

2017 Best of the Super Juniors Champion Kushida
Hiromu Takahashi
Chris Sabin
Marty Scurll
SHO
El Desperado
Dragon Lee
Ryusuke Taguchi

Dates set for Best of the Super Juniors 2018! Tournament runs from May 18 to June 4; starts and ends in Korakuen Hall!!

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,620 Posts
Really looking forward to this tournament. I can easily see Hiromu Takahashi winning the BOSJ and facing whoever the Junior Heavyweight Champion is at Dominion.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really looking forward to this tournament. I can easily see Hiromu Takahashi winning the BOSJ and facing whoever the Junior Heavyweight Champion is at Dominion.
I simultaneously want to see and don't want to see Hirmou face Ospreay again. Not because they won't have another incredible match (they would) but both will likely shorten their lifespan (again).

·
Le Champion
18,735 Posts
Finals being in Korakuen is an odd choice because there's gonna be far less people there than where they'd normally run for a tournament final, BUT, crowd reaction may be better so I'll take it.

Pretty sure we'll see Flip Gordon in this as a new face.

·
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
5,600 Posts
I'd take BUSHI (W) facing Ospreay at Dominion. Won't happen of course but it just adds something else. Granted Ospreay doesn't drop it in April.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Wouldn't mind seeing Marty Scurll win so that we get Ospreay vs Scurll 2 at Dominion.

Takahashi is another good call as well as Flip Gordon being included but hopefully he doesn't win.

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Will Ospreay pushed for Robbie Eagles (Australian wrestler, current PWA Heavyweight Champion) to take part in this tournament, and mentioned in this promo that Meltzer is actually a big fan of Eagles. Don't know if that counts for anything, but I would love to see him involved, I've been watching him for the past 4 years and I strongly believe he's the best wrestler Australia's got. He was involved in the NJPW tour and got to look really good against EVIL and SANADA.

https://www.facebook.com/PWAAustralia/videos/1594319693955208/?hc_ref=ARQZAQg359iwDfdQoUO9Zrmfok5MSAPdvpv-RsesshfiqtaszckX6DfHixYK6Tow0b4

·
SLAVE.
3,384 Posts
Always get burnt out as fuck during the middle section of the BOSJ and the G1 but the opening and closing matches are always hype. Intrigued by who (if anyone) they'll debut for this one, especially given guys like Ricochet are in WWE now.

·
Registered
24,584 Posts
Kind of dissapointing that the Finals will be held in Korakuen Hall. Don't get me wrong, I love the atmosphere but having the Finals in a bigger arena makes the Finals feel like a bigger deal and the Ospreay vs. Kushida match last year had a big time atmosphere.

In terms of who could win it, I'd kind of like someone other than Kushida, Ospreay, or Hiromu but at the same time I can't think of anyone off the top of my head who I would love to see win the thing if you take those 3 out. Considering Kushida and Ospreay won it the last 2 years, I guess my money is on Hiromu.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
I think that them going with a smaller arena is subtle hint that Hiromu ain't making the finals again. Going further we could even speculate that finals will probably be between two foreigners and they don't expect it to draw much.

But if at least one of those assumptions is correct then we kinda have to wonder wtf are they doing with junior division.

·
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
5,600 Posts
Fairly surprised no one else is out rooting for a BUSHI win. I know he's perceived as LIJ's jobber (only getting to beat Gedo etc) but he's a top talent and it breaks the monotomy of Hiromu-Ospreay-KUSHIDA-Scurll circle. I'd also pull for Desperado to give Suzuki-Gun a legitimate Junior. Still a young guy. With the final at Korakuen, it's definitely the best time to give either of those some extra legitimacy.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
I suppose if they did something like Bushi/Desperado finals then smaller arena could be justified. Another decent candidate for that could be Dragon Lee. But lets be real, it should be Hiromu.

·
Le Champion
18,735 Posts
Personally for me to get excited about this tournament I need them to bring in some different outside names and push someone else to win that's not one of the usual suspects. I've seen too many combinations of KUSHIDA/Ospreay/Scurll/Takahashi to really care about seeing another one (although KUSHIDA/Hiromu again doesn't sound bad).

I do love the Flamita shout cause he could definitely bring some flavor to the tourney. If Dragon Lee is in though I 100% want him to win or lose to Hiromu in the finals. Another installment of that rivalry with everything at stake would be pretty fucking amazing imo and the atmosphere would be nuts in Korakuen.

This won't happen cause he didn't even come over for the Honor Rising shows but I'd love to see Jonathan Gresham in this. Be a complete change of style.

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,620 Posts
Korakuen Hall is much cheaper so it doesn't surprise me that the finals are being held last.

Please no Flip Gordon.
This.

Was talking about the Junior Division with someone and the BOSJ came up and we was wondering about the outside talents that will be in the tournament. And with the situation with DG going on (word is few people are looking to leave but it's just rumors atm), perhaps T-Hawk will be in the BOSJ this year. Just throwing his name out there.

I would love Hiromu Takahashi win this but something tells me that he won't and it'll probably be KUSHIDA.

1 - 20 of 422 Posts